Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Female villains

ggg-2

(edited)

should we have another one? as of currently, we've only had TWO female villains (not counting sunset shimmer, assuming Equestria Girls is non-canon). are we due for another one?

Edited by ggg-2

(edited)

Wait, what? Nightmare Moon, and Chrysalis, make two female villains. And we have the female antagonists as well (Trixie, Gilda, Suri).

I wouldn't object to it, I guess. The key factor for me is the premise of the villain. If making the villain female would be additive to their goal or mindset, then sure, I'd love to see it. Writers' creativity must come into play!

Edited by Flipturn

(edited)

I like both male and female villains.

So far we had 2 female villains: Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis; and 2 male villains: Discord and Sombra.

So I don't care if the upcoming villain is male or female (though it looks like he's male).

Edited by Blobulle

As much as I like the female Antagonists.................we need male antagonists (Sombra and Discord.....are just...eh).  We need somepony...............stronger and much more powerful, and most of all..................................................intelligent.

HINT: Watch the villain this Saturday, is more neutral evil than Chaotic/Lawful Evil. 

As much as I like the female Antagonists.................we need male antagonists (Sombra and Discord.....are just...eh).  We need somepony...............stronger and much more powerful, and most of all..................................................intelligent.

HINT: Watch the villain this Saturday, is more neutral evil than Chaotic/Lawful Evil. 

Agreed. Are you expecting a more typical big bad with less ambiguity, or just someone amoral and indifferent, or both?

Agreed. Are you expecting a more typical big bad with less ambiguity, or just someone amoral and indifferent, or both?

Yeah..........MLP:FIM, should have a male Alicorn, that fits that Lawful/Chaotic Evil profile.

Funny, im even writing a fan fic, regarding that.  

(edited)

Well when it comes to straight-up villains I'd say we've had Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, Sunset Shimmer and The Mane-iac (despite being pretty minor in that she's confined to a comic book.)

In terms of antagonism we've had; Gilda, Trixie, Lightning Dust, and Suri Polomare definitively for at least one epsiode.

When it comes to MAJOR villains I would have to say yes, because it looks like the bad guy for this Season is going to be a dude and that would make three because of Sombra and Discord, so it would make sense for another female next Season.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash

I would also like to see more male protagonists. Because as of right now, Equestria has reached un sustainable female population levels. Unless they just keep all the stallions locked away in some "baby factory". But I would enjoy seeing more male villains, as the villain for the season 4 finale has been alluded towards being male, perhaps we can finally get a male villain that isn't reformed, but still has more than 5 lines.

(not counting sunset shimmer, assuming Equestria Girls is non-canon).
Excuse me? Really? Why... why would you assume Equestria girls as non-canon? There's no reason... 
  • Brohoof 1

Excuse me? Really? Why... why would you assume Equestria girls as non-canon? There's no reason...

I hear this a lot. It seems to either be wishful thinking or just not understanding the concept of a multiverse.

We've had female villains in the past, which I'm okay with having more of them. Judging from the season finale, we could have another male villain making an appearance.