Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would Aliens think of MLP:FiM?

Azureth

Say some advanced alien species managed to get into Earth's Television broadcasts and the first thing they watch is MLP:FiM, what do you think their reaction would be?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

They would probably be very confused, as it would be almost certainly impossible, or take several years at best, to develop a translation matrix for a language native to a world dozens of light-years away that has no commonalities with theirs.

Edited by Something Floaty

(edited)

Since they would have no concept of what Earthlings consider girly, they wouldn't think much of it.

Like, "okay, there's that, what else do they like...okay, and what's next..."

They would probably be very confused, as it would be almost certainly impossible, or take several years at best, to develop a translation matrix for a language native to a world dozens of light-years away that has no commonalities with theirs.

192.jpg Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 3

Well, I could give you the Didact's opinion:

halo_4___didact_by_trooper226-d75z2gv.jp

"Time was your ally, Ponies..........but now it has abandoned you.    The Forerunners have returned"

They shed their biological equivalent of tears, get Tumblr accounts, and bitch about how all bronies are misogynistic neck-beards, in their own native language of course.

Seriously though, any alien powerful enough to reach us through the vast distance of space would probably not even notice the isms of our race anywhere beyond big picture stuff. It would be like us humans trying to understand the daily lives of ants.

They would probably have no frame of reference to form an opinion unless they've been monitoring human development for a while. I imagine our concepts of humor and morality would be foreign to them. Can't tell for certain. At the very least I'd think they would be inspired to learn more about us.

Assuming that the aliens have the capabilities to speak any language the show airs in and that they have no prior knowledge of the human race than they would most likely think one of two things. Either they think that horses are the natural inhabitants of the world or that humans love horses as gods.

Like any other sane being, they would probably fall in love with the show, and spread the Brony-way across the stars in the galaxy. Lauren Faust would probably become a god to some of them. xD

• Brohoof 1

I guess it would depend on what species, and their personality.

I'd pay to see Vulcan's react to it.

• Brohoof 1

If the aliens are warmongering types and they don't understand what a TV Show is. I like to imagine them going,

"Sir! We have found a vulnerable world to conquer!"

"Where?"

"Unknown, but the Earth-people know of their location!"

And then this war between Earth and the aliens and then the aliens finally realize that they had been wasting their time fighting for a world that does not exist... or does it? 

But yeah, if the aliens were warmongering folks and like to conquer and have absolutely no idea what a TV Show is, it would be entertaining to watch.