Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there were humans in season 5, would you still watch FiM?

Rarity Paige Belle

Yeah! I wouldn't mind. Maybe have a crossover episode of FiM and EQG? Like maybe both Mane Six's meet each other and explore their opposite worlds. I think it could work if it's involved that way. Involving EQG. 

I'm loyal and I am a #Brony4Life! /)

• Brohoof 2

I would really really dislike that. I don't know if I'd stop watching the series for it, that would depend on whether it's a permenant thing or not and the actual quality of the content from then on, but it'd definitely ruin the atomosphere of the series for me. I really don't want that to happen.

Just lemme keep Rarity :wub:

But yeahh, I doubt they'd get anywhere at all with it, to be honest :D It won't happen, and, if it did, I wouldn't stop watching the series unless it completely killed it.

Also, just so you know, the most human this series will ever get is "Equestria Girls" :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love to see the Imperium of Man's Humanity arrive and kill all pony xeno scum. XD The TCB from the The Conversion Bureau anyway.

Nah, I'd love to see a good a HIE that gets all the misanthropes in this fandom crying and whining (drama) because humans weren't evil.  

No exterminatus.

Edited by Rush

(edited)

Edited by Darky

If there were to be humans I'd like at least a 15:1 pony to human ratio. I would still watch it, I just wouldn't want the humans to take away from the fantastical theme of the show.

I'm sorry, but could someone PLEASE explain how having humans in FiM would ruin it

Well there are several reasons.

1. It breaks the fuck out of the canon that EqG laid out. If you travel to the human world, you become human, if you go to pony land you turn into a pony, having humans show up in pony land just raises huge suspension of disbelief breaking issues, that you can almost guarantee will never be fixed.

2. It would really serve to end the "magic" the series has. They are magical talking ponies, who use magic for every day stuffs, throwing in humans would cause their every day actions to come into question, and humans must follow and obey rules of nature as we in our real world understand.

3.It breaks a lot of the suspension of disbelief. A lot of people would stop overlooking things for the sake of it being magical ponies, because humans are now doing it. As a Human, you can understand how humans react to events, meaning it will put a lot more focus on people acting in cartoonish ways that a normal person would not.

• Brohoof 2

Wouldn't stop loving the show for that reason, but I just fail to see how having humans add something to it. 

As long as it makes sense and the story is still as good, I wouldn't mind giant floating heads made of multicolored jello with pizza for eyes added to the show.

(edited)

Well there are several reasons.

1. It breaks the fuck out of the canon that EqG laid out. If you travel to the human world, you become human, if you go to pony land you turn into a pony, having humans show up in pony land just raises huge suspension of disbelief breaking issues, that you can almost guarantee will never be fixed.

2. It would really serve to end the "magic" the series has. They are magical talking ponies, who use magic for every day stuffs, throwing in humans would cause their every day actions to come into question, and humans must follow and obey rules of nature as we in our real world understand.

3.It breaks a lot of the suspension of disbelief. A lot of people would stop overlooking things for the sake of it being magical ponies, because humans are now doing it. As a Human, you can understand how humans react to events, meaning it will put a lot more focus on people acting in cartoonish ways that a normal person would not.

Okay, firstly I wouldn't count the EQG as 'Human'. Secondly why not have witch's and wizards? You could have tension there. Warlocks vs. Unicorns/Alicorns, that sort of thing. Edited by Rarity Paige Belle

Okay, firstly I wouldn't count the EQG was 'Human'. Secondly why not have witch's and wizards? You could have tension there. Warlocks vs. Unicorns/Alicorns, that sort of thing.

The EqG people were most certainly human. And EqG's canon is already very shaky, adding humans in ponyland just serves to make it even more loose and full of holes. Adding in humans could also take away a lot of the innocence that the show gets from having cute cartoon ponies be the characters. It is a lot harder to have humans be colorful and innocent that it is happy smiling ponies.

The EqG people were most certainly human. And EqG's canon is already very shaky, adding humans in ponyland just serves to make it even more loose and full of holes. Adding in humans could also take away a lot of the innocence that the show gets from having cute cartoon ponies be the characters. It is a lot harder to have humans be colorful and innocent that it is happy smiling ponies.

I'm sorry but humans don't suddenly sprout pony ears and a tail! And that's saying nothing about their race. Have you ever seen a blue human?

• Brohoof 1

Uhm. Yeah. Fact why not have humans and pony counterparts side by side or something.

I'm kidding of course that'd be ridiculous.

Well being as the show is already verging on the ridiculous with pastel coloured talking ponies I don't think adding humans would make it more ridiculous!

I'm sorry but humans don't suddenly sprout pony ears and a tail! And that's saying nothing about their race. Have you ever seen a blue human?

Yea, and why do you think those traits stick out so much? Because anything human is going to be tied down to our real world reality as we know it. That is why I do not think putting them it would be a good idea. Because anything the human does is inevitably going to get tied to our reality, and any differences from it are going to stick out hugely. Humans would be fine for a one off movie or two parter, but making them a mainstay would break a lot of the fantasy that the show needs in order to run.

Well being as the show is already verging on the ridiculous with pastel coloured talking ponies I don't think adding humans would make it more ridiculous!

Quite true, quite true. It'd be interesting to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Quite true, quite true. It'd be interesting to say the least.

It would be very interesting! Especially as if there were humans, there would probably be witches/wizards as well. How would they interact with the unicorns/alicorns?

(edited)

It depends on how frequently they would appear.

If they appear in one or two episodes, I'd still watch FiM.

But in almost every episode of the season, I'd stop I guess. :(

Edited by Blobulle