Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite card game/tcg?

Gourgeist

(edited)

When I was little I collected pokemon cards but had no idea how to play with them. Last year I finally got around to doing so and it's probably the simplest out of Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the gathering. I also play the pokemon TCG official online game. What about you bronies? I know a lot of nerdy people are bronies and those nerdy people lay TCGs. 

Also this card is a living nightmare to go against:

200px-MewtwoEXBWPromo45.jpg

Edited by Gourgeist
  • Brohoof 2

I stopped buying CCG/TCG cards years ago because I never knew enough people who knew how to or wanted to play. I've played the Yu-gi-Oh game on my DS for more time than I'd like to admit and I'm also familiar enough with the Cardfight: Vanguard game if anyone's heard of that.

I used to collect the Pokemon series cards (I didn't really play with them much).

On the other hand, I collected and played (dueled!) with Yugioh cards for a much longer time. My favorite card was the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, and my favorite non-overpowered card was....hrmm.. probably Decoy Dragon for its surprise on attackers when it is flipped face up! My current deck consists mainly of dragons.

Both decks are composed mainly of first-generation cards (with many exceptions).

I started playing Magic: The Gathering about 11 years ago. You can't beat the game mechanics, the flavor text, the artwork, or much less the true original Trading/Collectible Card Game.

Yugioh

BlueEyesWhiteDragon.jpg

Pokemon

Charizard-G-LV.X-Supreme-Victors-SV-143.

Magic: The Gathering

152.jpg

I know the animation styles are completely different, but for me, MTG has the best art hooves-down.

Also, the game play is much simpler since you're not dealing with individual numbers bigger than 10 most of the time. C'mon Yugioh, just drop the unnecessary zeroes from everything! My friends that played back in middle school always had calculators out just to figure their damage counts. 

Magic hit it square on the nose with beautiful card art, simple numbers, and the most fun gameplay overall.

I use to collect Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh Cards. I didn't play much with either besides with my brother mostly. But I enjoyed having the cards for a while.

Of course I got rid of the vast majority of both of those, so I don't really have much of any physical cards anymore.

I play Hearthstone some if that counts... Otherwise I don't really play any TCG's.

• 2 weeks later...

I play Magic: The Gathering, which is my favourite, as well as Pokemon TCG + (TCGO) and Hearthstone.

I also enjoy Top Trumps.

OMG I totally forgot about Top Trumps! I lived in England for two years and picked up a couple of those! I still have one of them! Haha I had the Transformers, Harry Potter, and Pixar decks. I think it's the Pixar deck that I still have...

• Brohoof 1

I used to be given a bunch of Pokemon Cards, never played though.
I played Yugioh casually, made awful Kuriboh-centric decks.
I used to play MtG before I tried to enter a tournament and got curb stomped by people who had been playing for longer than I had been alive.
Now I decided to play MLP:CCG and stick with it, so I can know the game from the start and be good enough to play competitively (also the ponies are a nice bonus  :muffins: )

When I was little I collected pokemon cards but had no idea how to play with them. Last year I finally got around to doing so and it's probably the simplest out of Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the gathering. I also play the pokemon TCG official online game. What about you bronies? I know a lot of nerdy people are bronies and those nerdy people lay TCGs. 

Also this card is a living nightmare to go against:

img-2631895-1-200px-MewtwoEXBWPromo45.jp

I have Mewtwo in my decks.  :D.   In addition, I have a rare Mew, which is extremely hard to find (thats the EX and the original).

OT: I still mess around with Pokemon and Yugioh cards.  Not to mention, i have the first editions from when they first came out.  That includes 1st Edition Charizard, :)    

Nerdy people?!?!  How could you...  Why would you...  How did you know lol?  Yep, I've played plenty of card games.

CCG / TCG / LCGs I have played and enjoyed:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! - I have over 1,500 cards :D

2. Call of Cthulhu - I love Lovecraft; latest deck was Cthulhu / Miskatonic U. lol

3. Magic: The Gathering - first CCG I ever played; don't have many cards anymore

4. A Game of Thrones - I like to play Greyjoy, but I'd probably fare better with Stark

5. My Little Pony CCG - I need more cards and someone to play with xD (mechanics remind me of CoC and AGoT lol)

6. The Lord of the Rings - playable ALONE, which is cool; though I gave my cards away

7. Pokemon TCG - don't have the cards anymore, but I liked the game mechanics

• Brohoof 1