Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UPDATE] My Little Pony - The Musical! Now looking for artists & designers!

TheSydeGuys

(edited)

img-2769408-1-53veir.jpg

Logo made by Shadowlux100:
http://shadowlux100.deviantart.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shadowlux100

[uPDATE - August 17, 2014] My Little Pony - The Musical! has released a brand new original song! Though the song didn't make the actual musical, the team thought we should upload it anyways! Check it out, and keep following this forum and the Youtube Channel for more songs, artwork, and many other things!

Hello everypony!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is James Stryska, a music and theater student since the fourth grade.  I've been studying music theory as well as theater my entire life.  I play the saxophone as well as sing and act in local community musicals.

I'm sure you have many questions by just seeing the banner on top, but please read the entire forum, your question might be answered already.

Q. What is My Little Pony - The Musical?
A. My Little Pony - The Musical is a non-profit project currently being worked on.  Our goal for this project is to have a full length musical based off Hasbro's hit cartoon, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

Q. What do you mean by musical? Will there be songs? How long will it be?

A. Yes, the plan is to have 20 brand new original songs featured in the musical. We plan to have this musical to be at least 2 hours long, just like an actual full length musical that you would find on Broadway (or Bridleway for that manner).

Q. What happens when you finish writing the musical?

A. Then we start recording and begin animating!

Q. Okay, I'm interested.  But what is the musical about?

A. Ever wondered how far true love can take someone?  Love can make people do crazy things, but how far is too far?  Follow the mane six as they try and rescue their friend from making the biggest mistake of their life.

Q. How can I help?

A. I am now on the search for visual artists and graphic designers to help attract more people. Also, I am in need of a community manager or two.

Q. What's the difference between a visual artist and a graphic designer?

A. To put it simple, a visual artist will be the ones providing the original artwork, while a graphic designer will design and create anything that doesn't involve with actual drawing/painting.

For example, a visual artist supplies us with something like this: http://i.imgur.com/klOuAfw.jpg

While a graphic designer supplies us with something like this: http://i.imgur.com/TJ0go9q.jpg

Q. What about vector artists?

A. I will be needing those too! It'd be a great help if you could also graphic design, but if not then that's okay!

Q. If I provide the art, am I allowed to upload it to my own personal blog/channel?

A. It all depends on what the picture is and what it will be used for. For most, probably not. I would like for a lot of the art to be strictly for this project. But credit will be given where it's due.

Q. Will I be getting paid for any of this?

A. Since this is a non-profit project, none of us will be making any money. This is simply a fun project that we had wanted to do. I'm sorry!

Q. How many artists/graphic designers do you need?

A. The more the merrier!

Q. What's the job of the community manager?

A. The community manager is like public relations, but does a little more. The community managers will help me keep everything inline as far as community wise. They will keep everyone updated on the musical, as well as advertise and answer any questions when I don't have the time too.

Q. Can anyone apply? Or do I need to be a certain age... etc.?  What are the requirements?

A. There is no age requirement but you need to be as dedicated to this project as I am. I've put over a year into this project so far and I'm not backing down anytime soon.  I'm not saying give up your life toward this musical, but we need to know you're serious about this project as we are.

Q. Sign me up! Where do I apply?

A. I have no application, but you will have to go through an interview with me.  All I ask is that you link me to some of your past works.  I also need a way to contact you (Skype works best for me.).

Q. I'm no artist, but I can sing! Where can I audition?

A. I'm currently not holding auditions for the musical. Subscribe to the Youtube channel so you know when I will be!

Q. Can I help out in anyway besides art or graphic designing?

A. Sure thing! Send me a Skype request and we'll talk!

Q. I don't want to be apart of this, but I do want to stay up to date with the progress, how can I?

A. The best way to stay updated is to subscribe to the official Youtube channel. There, I will be posting update videos as well as leaks of songs, scenes, concept art, and even more!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mlpthemusical

This project has gone a long way from just an idea to now this! Ever since I was a little boy my dream was to help write and be apart of a musical, and now because of this my dream might come true! I've gone through a lot of hiccups in the road, but it's okay, cause I know in the end I'll still be smiling as I watch the musical I helped come up with. So help me fulfill that dream, and help be apart of one of the first ever fan made musicals! Thank you, and have a great day!

- TMM

My Little Pony - The Musical! Website: http://mlpthemusical.weebly.com/ (Under construction)

My Little Pony - The Musical! Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mlpthemusical

My Skype: themusicman1105

My Email: thesydeguys@gmail.com

--

My Little Pony - The Musical! by James Stryska is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Characters and titles from “My Little Pony” franchise © Hasbro, Inc. 1982-2014 are all properly and legally owned by Hasbro Studios and DHX Media.  This project is strictly non-profit and has no connection toward Hasbro Studios or DHX Media in any way.

Edited by TheSydeGuys
  • Brohoof 12

(edited)

Here's questions: You said that you need as many live musicians as possible. Is this a live performance, and if so, where will it be? Also, are you in the market for singers?

And if you need an Irish whistle, I'm your man.

Edited by websterhamster
  • Brohoof 2

Here's questions: You said that you need as many live musicians as possible. Is this a live performance, and if so, where will it be? Also, are you in the market for singers?

And if you need an Irish whistle, I'm your man.

Hello! 

Let me answer your questions so you can be on your merry way! ^.^

1. No it will not. I would love for it to be, my plans right now do not have a live performance in the future. The live musicians will act as a pit. You will record your part to a metronome beat and to the MIDI performance. Then the musicans will send me their performances and (hopefully) they match up.

2. We are currently not holding auditions. I'm glad to hear some eagerness though! We will need a full ensemble so even if you can't do any of the canon voices, we would love some good singers  in general!

3. The Irish whistle all depends on what the orchestrator wants in the song.

Thank you for these questions, and have a great day!

- TMM

I would love to be a part of this. I have a full Noteflight account, which allows me to transpose musicwith a very accurate playback. For the live performance, I can play saxophone and drum set (drums, to an extant) and, if I can get a hold of the school percussion, I can probably do extra percussion parts. And, I doubr you need it, bit I can conduct as well (I have the Wind Waker...literally :D ). Hope I can help out!!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Oh my gosh!! I totally want to write lyrics for this thing...I can't record a tune though. :P I can write one well enough, but they sound a little similar to my older tunes so far and I can't record it. :P

Edited by yayayayayala
  • Brohoof 1

Well mate you've already known me as a musical composer dude. If it's still modernesque music you want, then I can't do it, but if we're going back to the musicals before the 90s, then I'd consider. 

Either way, good luck buddy.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm still on the hunt for a composer and lyricist!

If you can't contribute with either composing or writing, but still want to help out, then subscribe to the Youtube channel and spread the word around! Let's get everypony talking about the new fan-made musical.

Edited by TheSydeGuys
  • Brohoof 1

@@TheSydeGuys,

I just got an idea. Perhaps I could condense my orchestrals down so I wouldn't have to work as hard. This means, there will be a smaller number of staves in my software so that I could get stuff done faster. The instruments would be grouped together. But...here's the thing: you can let me know what instruments you want solo.  

@@TheSydeGuys,

I just got an idea. Perhaps I could condense my orchestrals down so I wouldn't have to work as hard. This means, there will be a smaller number of staves in my software so that I could get stuff done faster. The instruments would be grouped together. But...here's the thing: you can let me know what instruments you want solo.  

I actually wanted to talk with you for a bit. But you do need Skype, it's just easier to transfer files and messages that way. Mind making one if you don't have one already?

I actually wanted to talk with you for a bit. But you do need Skype, it's just easier to transfer files and messages that way. Mind making one if you don't have one already?

And I just got a Skype yesterday so you're in luck. I could only do text chat though...

• Brohoof 2

I'm afraid I'm no good with either lyrics or music, but I wish you all luck, and I would also like to offer my services as an animator. I'm aware you're not in need of animators at the moment, but I'd still like to put the offer out there. c:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm a little late to the bandwagon, but I'm an excellent lyricist and composer. I've written lyrics and some music for The Embassy, one of the top 100 theatre venues in the world. I'd be interested, if the positions are still a tiny bit open at least.

EDIT: I should mention I suck at orchestrating. I can only play one instrument: Trombone. XD

I should also add I have horrid handwriting, so if we need to handwrite music notes for composition, I would be better in lyricism, which is my main forte.

Edited by super2379
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd be happy to do writing for lyrics and whatnot on this piece. However, I do see you need an example of my work, and if so, what style would you like? Or is there more than one thing you would like me to do?

Like, do you want a script, a song, a short story?

Edit: Never mind, I suppose you don't need writers anymore. If you need an editor, though, I'm your girl, I LOVE editing.

Good luck, then.

Edited by Cirrostratus
  • Brohoof 1

img-2769408-1-244qp8p.jpg

[uPDATE - July 13, 2014] I would like to proudly announce and humbly welcome My Little Pony - The Musical's brand new composer, Midnight Rain! He's happy to join the creative team and has already begun working. Because of this, I am in the search for visual artists and graphic designers. Read below for more information.

Midnight Rain - https://www.youtube.com/user/saal65223

Hello everypony!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is James Stryska, a music and theater student since the fourth grade.  I've been studying music theory as well as theater my entire life.  I play the saxophone as well as sing and act in local community musicals.

I'm sure you have many questions by just seeing the banner on top, but please read the entire forum, your question might be answered already.

Q. What is My Little Pony - The Musical?A. My Little Pony - The Musical is a non-profit project currently being worked on.  Our goal for this project is to have a full length musical based off Hasbro's hit cartoon, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

Q. What do you mean by musical? Will there be songs? How long will it be?

A. Yes, the plan is to have 20 brand new original songs featured in the musical. We plan to have this musical to be at least 2 hours long, just like an actual full length musical that you would find on Broadway (or Bridleway for that manner).

Q. What happens when you finish writing the musical?

A. Then we start recording and begin animating!

Q. Okay, I'm interested.  But what is the musical about?

A. Ever wondered how far true love can take someone?  Love can make people do crazy things, but how far is too far?  Follow the mane six as they try and rescue their friend from making the biggest mistake of their life.

Q. How can I help?

A. I am now on the search for visual artists and graphic designers to help attract more people.

Q. What's the difference between a visual artist and a graphic designer?

A. To put it simple, a visual artist will be the ones providing the original artwork, while a graphic designer will design and create anything that doesn't involve with actual drawing/painting.

For example, a visual artist supplies us with something like this: http://i.imgur.com/klOuAfw.jpg

While a graphic designer supplies us with something like this: http://i.imgur.com/TJ0go9q.jpg

Q. What about vector artists?

A. I will be needing those too! It'd be a great help if you could also graphic design, but if not then that's okay!

Q. If I provide the art, am I allowed to upload it to my own personal blog/channel?

A. It all depends on what the picture is and what it will be used for. For most, probably not. I would like for a lot of the art to be strictly for this project. But credit will be given where it's due.

Q. Will I be getting paid for any of this?

A. Since this is a non-profit project, none of us will be making any money. This is simply a fun project that we had wanted to do. I'm sorry!

Q. How many artists/graphic designers do you need?

A. The more the merrier!

Q. Can anyone apply? Or do I need to be a certain age... etc.?  What are the requirements?

A. There is no age requirement but you need to be as dedicated to this project as I am. I've put over a year into this project so far and I'm not backing down anytime soon.  I'm not saying give up your life toward this musical, but we need to know you're serious about this project as we are.

Q. Sign me up! Where do I apply?

A. I have no application, but you will have to go through an interview with me.  All I ask is that you link me to some of your past works.  I also need a way to contact you (Skype works best for me.).

Q. I'm no artist, but I can sing! Where can I audition?

A. I'm currently not holding auditions for the musical. Subscribe to the Youtube channel so you know when I will be!

Q. Can I help out in anyway besides art or graphic designing?

A. Sure thing! Send me a Skype request and we'll talk!

Q. I don't want to be apart of this, but I do want to stay up to date with the progress, how can I?

A. The best way to stay updated is to subscribe to the official Youtube channel. There, I will be posting update videos as well as leaks of songs, scenes, concept art, and even more!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mlpthemusical

This project has gone a long way from just an idea to now this! Ever since I was a little boy my dream was to help write and be apart of a musical, and now because of this my dream might come true! I've gone through a lot of hiccups in the road, but it's okay, cause I know in the end I'll still be smiling as I watch the musical I helped come up with. So help me fulfill that dream, and help be apart of one of the first ever fan made musicals! Thank you, and have a great day!

- TMM

My Little Pony - The Musical! Website: http://mlpthemusical.weebly.com/ (Under construction)

My Little Pony - The Musical! Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mlpthemusical

My Skype: themusicman1105

My Email: thesydeguys@gmail.com

--

My Little Pony - The Musical! by James Stryska is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Characters and titles from “My Little Pony” franchise © Hasbro, Inc. 1982-2014 are all properly and legally owned by Hasbro Studios and DHX Media.  This project is strictly non-profit and has no connection toward Hasbro Studios or DHX Media in any way.

I would love to contribute visual art to this project.

Here is an example of my work.http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dragonsmaw/

My Skype is DJPone-3.

Please let me know.if you are interested.

• Brohoof 1

A new position has opened up! I am now needing community managers to help me run the project. If you're interested in helping me run things then this job might be the job for you!

• Brohoof 3