Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What mobile device do you use?

BronyPony

31 users have voted

1. 1. How much do you use your mobile device?

• Less to none
    • Sometimes
    • On occasion
    • Very frequently
    • All the time
  2. 2. Do you have an Android, iOS, or other device?

• Android
    • iOS
    • Other
  3. 3. What version of iOS do you have, if applicable?

• 8.0(if it is even possible to have this version since it is in beta)
    • N/A
  4. 4. What version of Android do you have, if applicable?

• 1.5 Cupcake
    • 1.6 Donut
    • 2.0 Eclair
    • 2.0.1 Eclair
    • 2.1 Eclair
    • 2.2–2.2.3 Froyo
    • 2.3–2.3.2 Gingerbread
    • 2.3.3–2.3.7 Gingerbread
    • 3.0 Honeycomb
    • 3.1 Honeycomb
    • 3.2 Honeycomb
    • 4.0–4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • 4.0.3–4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • 4.1 Jelly Bean
    • 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • 4.3 Jelly Bean
    • 4.4 KitKat
    • N/A
  5. 5. Do you have problems when trying to use websites because of the device you are using(layout, features,etc.)

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Do you find that sometimes the experience of a website on a mobile device is less than on a regular desktop or labtop?

• Yes
    • No

:

1. How much do you use the mobile device, if yes to 1?
  2. Do you have an Android, iOS, or other device?
  3. What version of iOS do you have, if applicable?
  4. What version of Android do you have, if applicable?
  5. Do you have problems when trying to use websites because of the device you are using?
  6. Do you find that sometimes the experience of a website on the mobile device is less than on a regular labtop or desktop?

1. Varies, depending on the circumstances.

2. Android, because Android is master race

4. I forget the exact number, but I know it's Jelly Bean.

5. Ya know, surprisingly enough, I don't.

6. Of course. PC is even more master race than Android.

• Brohoof 1

Can't do the poll since it isn't multiple selection. Also I'll exclude work specific devices. I'm currently on an iPhone 5s ... my primary personal phone. My 2nd which also subs as non client work phone is an HTC One.

I do have a iPhone 4S laying around that is basically a glorified iPod at the moment.

I have a bench of activa

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (since January 2014)

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I use my device frequently, unless I'm at home, where my mobile use decreases sharply because of my laptop. Now as for whether internet experiences are better on mobile or a desktop computer, I choose the latter. Mobile sites are getting better design-wise and more feature rich (I'm a web developer, and the trend is clear,) but on most sites, I still prefer desktop versions because the mobile site(s) lack features that I frequently use.

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a Zeki 8 inch quad core tablet. It has a 2Ghz processor and 1GB of RAM (8GB on board storage, expanded with a 32GB SD card). It plays video wonderfully! It also is the only low price tablet ($100) with a micro HDMI output. I can hook it to the TV and watch YouTube videos on the big screen!

Here are my answers to the poll, since it seems to be broken. It keeps saying I must answer all the questions, even though I did on all three attempts. I think when you removed one question, the site somehow thinks it's still there and people are just not answering it.

1. On Occasion
2. Android
3. N/A
4. 4.3 Jelly Bean
5. No
6. Yes

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I have a dumb-phone.  LOL.  It's an old flip-slider cell phone (Pantech Jest 2).  No internet.  Just 2g.  It's got a physical keyboard though!  But I don't even text much.  I honestly use it more as a watch than anything else, lmao.  

c40c808ccb.jpg

7dcceb71f1.jpg

I always have good signal though!  Only times I don't are when the other person is in a bad spot.  Verizon ftw!

• Brohoof 1

1. Very frequently. I couldn't live without it.

2. I use android.

3. I will NEVER get an iPhone.

4. 4.4.

5. No.

6. Not really.

The poll is being stupid; I picked a choice for each question, yet it tells me I must cast a vote for each question.

Anyways.

1.) Pretty frequently. I use my phone more than my laptop since it's more convenient.
2.) iOs 7
3.) Yes I have problems: this poll.
4.) Eeyup :mellow:.

You aren't the only one. >_>

• Brohoof 1

I use my device frequently, unless I'm at home, where my mobile use decreases sharply because of my laptop. Now as for whether internet experiences are better on mobile or a desktop computer, I choose the latter. Mobile sites are getting better design-wise and more feature rich (I'm a web developer, and the trend is clear,) but on most sites, I still prefer desktop versions because the mobile site(s) lack features that I frequently use.

The problem is you can only do so much with HTML and mobile web development because of its limitations, such as gaining use of the graphics specs on the mobile devices, which are getting much more powerful. There are also processing issues that occur.

• Brohoof 2

The problem is you can only do so much with HTML and mobile web development because of its limitations, such as gaining use of the graphics specs on the mobile devices, which are getting much more powerful. There are also processing issues that occur.

Since I don't have a smart-phone I wouldn't know about the limitations... but this made me want to ask you something.  Not to derail the thread, but just a quick, simple question.  What's your thoughts on AMD vs Intel processors for PC's and stuff?  

I have 2 laptops, one is an HP pavillion dv6 with an AMD A6 quad-core processor (and 8gb of ram), the other is a Dell Latitude e6530 with an Intel i7 dual-core (and 8gb ram)... 

In my opinion, both processors (and what with having the same amount of ram on both comps) seem to do equally well.  The HP is 2 years older, but when it was new, I multi-tasked like a mofo and she kept up just fine.  My newer Dell (given to me by my college - I'm in the CAPS honors program at UIS) does just as good as the HP did when it was new.  So, I haven't been able to say what brand of processor I like more.

• Brohoof 1

Since I don't have a smart-phone I wouldn't know about the limitations... but this made me want to ask you something.  Not to derail the thread, but just a quick, simple question.  What's your thoughts on AMD vs Intel processors for PC's and stuff?  

I have 2 laptops, one is an HP pavillion dv6 with an AMD A6 quad-core processor (and 8gb of ram), the other is a Dell Latitude e6530 with an Intel i7 dual-core (and 8gb ram)... 

In my opinion, both processors (and what with having the same amount of ram on both comps) seem to do equally well.  The HP is 2 years older, but when it was new, I multi-tasked like a mofo and she kept up just fine.  My newer Dell (given to me by my college - I'm in the CAPS honors program at UIS) does just as good as the HP did when it was new.  So, I haven't been able to say what brand of processor I like more.

I think this video will explain it all:

I use my Samsung Galaxy 4 very frequently. I don't usually have problems accessing websites on it, but I do think that the mobile version of any website, regardless of the OS, is inferior to the desktop version. 

• Brohoof 1

I use my Samsung Galaxy 4 very frequently. I don't usually have problems accessing websites on it, but I do think that the mobile version of any website, regardless of the OS, is inferior to the desktop version. 

It isn't a problem with the OS. It is a problem with browsers and the HTML language adapting to mobile devices. If there was an app that worked with the mobile network that took advantage of all the specs that the mobile device then I think the mobile device could be equal to or even greater than the desktop experience.

I think this video will explain it all:

Gahh... I'mma be honest.  That guy needs to learn to just say "haters gonna hate" - besides, I wasn't saying that one was better than the other.  I was speaking about 2 mid to mid-high level processors, not top-of-the-line ones.  

But, still, LOL.  He's probably kind of right about the AMD guys talking about overclocking.  A year after owning my HP, I overclocked the processor (only very slightly, just for the fun [and for the sake of it]) about from 2.4 to 2.7 (I believe Ghz?).  Which, I guess, in and of itself does say something about comparing the two brands.  On one hand, you could look at it like "Pfft... AMD's gotta be overclocked to match up to stock Intels" but on the other hand you could look at it like "Overclocking is easy on AMDs, and when done correctly with cooling fans, they'll beat the Intels, which Intels are more difficult if not impossible to overclock."

To me, it's like comparing stock cars (where stock = unmodified) to modified cars.  If you took two average Joes, put one in a brand new Mustang, the other in a brand new Camaro, both stock... the outcome is purely driver skill dependent.  But if you threw a supercharger on one of the cars, the outcome should be obvious.  

I respect your opinion on processors, so don't get me wrong.  I'm happy with just being neutral, though.

Gahh... I'mma be honest.  That guy needs to learn to just say "haters gonna hate" - besides, I wasn't saying that one was better than the other.  I was speaking about 2 mid to mid-high level processors, not top-of-the-line ones.  

But, still, LOL.  He's probably kind of right about the AMD guys talking about overclocking.  A year after owning my HP, I overclocked the processor (only very slightly, just for the fun [and for the sake of it]) about from 2.4 to 2.7 (I believe Ghz?).  Which, I guess, in and of itself does say something about comparing the two brands.  On one hand, you could look at it like "Pfft... AMD's gotta be overclocked to match up to stock Intels" but on the other hand you could look at it like "Overclocking is easy on AMDs, and when done correctly with cooling fans, they'll beat the Intels, which Intels are more difficult if not impossible to overclock."

To me, it's like comparing stock cars (where stock = unmodified) to modified cars.  If you took two average Joes, put one in a brand new Mustang, the other in a brand new Camaro, both stock... the outcome is purely driver skill dependent.  But if you threw a supercharger on one of the cars, the outcome should be obvious.  

I respect your opinion on processors, so don't get me wrong.  I'm happy with just being neutral, though.

I think Intel is better than AMD, but I wouldn't have the reaction of the guy in the video. It just depends on what you want to do with your PC or device.

• Brohoof 1

Well......gonna make it short, but i use an Iphone 5 C and im hooked to it everyday, b/c i check my emails. Not to mention, ive got 10 of them, b/c of wat i do.

How much do you use the mobile device, if yes to 1? Do you have an Android, iOS, or other device? What version of iOS do you have, if applicable? What version of Android do you have, if applicable? Do you have problems when trying to use websites because of the device you are using? Do you find that sometimes the experience of a website on the mobile device is less than on a regular labtop or desktop?

1: LG G3 (quite an amazing phone) quite a bit for organization

2: Android(Kit Kat 4.4.3 and cyanogen)

3: nope

4: noperoni

lg-g3-screencap.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

So my platform isn't exactly the best. Just cheap yet effective phone given from a relative.

Its a Huawei Ascend running Android 2.3.6 so under gingerbread. Its cheap, inefficient but gets the job done.