Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What went through your mind as you knew you were becoming a brony?

Green Precision

@

“Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the Ziggy as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the Ziggy had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.”

• Brohoof 3

This is an accurate representation of what went through my mind

I wanted to hate the show. I really, really wanted to. The shame and disappointment that followed... It was bad.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 1

I don't actually know what else went through my head besides getting that feeling of getting used to something new (which I thought was strange because I used to watch some quote-unquote "girly" shows when I was a kid). I had also decided it would be a good idea to do a marathon of every episode, just to catch up to everyone else in the herd.

• Brohoof 2

I remember exactly.

"Who's this cute little pony with ribbon....make it stop.....too cute..gonna die...." (The first time I saw Apple Bloom.)

Died. Came back to life as a Brony. Won.

• Brohoof 2

for me I started watching the MLP YTP then the sex jokes got very old so I decided to watch the actual show but one thing I remember when I first joined the fandom was me being curious towards mlp r34 ....... but that didn't happen watching mlp made me feel innocent again and that was something I wasn't about to throw away

then after that it was mostly dealing with friends and family reactions to discovering I'm a brony

"I know becoming a Brony is a bad idea because people will think I'm even weirder than before and I don't need any more distractions in my life, but that Fluttershy one is so cute..."

• Brohoof 1

*Just finished season 1* Huh. Guess I'm in then? Not that comfortable about it, but guess I have no choice. Unless i just like

The show and nothing else. Yeah, that'll work. *5-6 months later, I've seen every episode in the show, read a lot of Fanfictions, go on a awesome forum from time to time, bought a big Twilight Plushie and much, much more*

• Brohoof 1

Very strange experience for me. I didn't become a brony until 2014, so I'm still pretty new.

You see, all through out high school, I'd hear about bronies, and what everyone thought about them. Everyone thought it was weird, and I was one of them. I didn't think much of the show, and I didn't start thinking about it well after I graduated. 

One day, out of curiosity, I was watching pony videos on YouTube. Episodes, fan works, Creepypastas, that kind of stuff. I began to become more and more intrigued with the show, and the fandom itself.

I felt...weird. Nervous, because I never considered myself a part of...well, ANYTHING, before! I was liking the show, and found myself wanting to be a part of the fandom. It was something new, something unexpected, and the thoughts that we're going through my mind went like this: "Oh my God...I'm a brony..." lol

I'm glad to say I don't regret my decision of joining the fandom. I watch a show about candy-colored ponies, but you know what? I love it! We bronies are a unique bunch, and I love that as well!  :)

Anyway, sorry for telling you my whole life story, lol, but this is what went through my mind

• Brohoof 2

This is what went through my mind:

3f0.gif

Joking aside, I was first intruged about the show after watching the Good Mythical Morning episode about bronies.  Before I watched an episode of FIM, I remember thinking, "I really hope I like this.  I really want to like this.  Please let it be awesome."  After a couple of episodes, I thought, "I love this.  I love that I love this.  I want to be a part of the fandom, and I love that I want to be a part of the fandom."  And it's been a great ride.

• Brohoof 2

I became a brony a bit differently than everypony else back in 2012. It was more through fan content than the actual show. I learned that there was a name for people who liked the show and enjoyed the characters & design. I thought "Why not? I don't belong to any particular fanbases. I'm weird enough as is. I like this franchise. Yeah sure, I'll be a Brony." It wasn't a process, but a choice that led me to who and what I am today, and didn't require much thinking.

• Brohoof 1

I'd heard about the show thru a friend who was an ex-brony (or so he says he is) and I always poked fun at him, as well as a cousin who works at anime conventions and gets annoyed with bronies asking her where their booth is. I just thought the whole idea of watching MLP at my age was weird. After that, I started noticing all this stuff on the internet. So finally, when I had some free time in June 2014, I just sat myself down thinking, "Alright, it can't be that good. Lets just see what all the fuss is about." So I pull up that first episode online. I watch.

Then I think, "Ok, well this one's a two parter, so I gotta watch the other one." Its not bad. The ending seemed a little cheesy, but the Star Trek sound effect when Twilight goes Avatar State makes me literally laugh out loud, and convinces me to watch another. And another. And another! I can't tear myself away. Oh god, what is happening to my brain? Is this even the real world?!

I finish half of the first season in one sitting. My brain is now filled with: :lol::P:wub::yay::proud::smug:

And I ask myself, "Did I really just spend all that time watching MLP and really really love it?" The answer is yes.

And it was that day that I learned that resistance to the Herd was futile. :umad: So I kept watching, and I haven't regretted it since!

Edited by The Boulder
  • Brohoof 1

"Why do I like this? This isn't something I should like, but I like it! I like it a lot! HALP!"

This went through my mind the whole time I watched the first episode.

Edited by Deadlyblack
  • Brohoof 1

I started watching the show a couple years ago. Like right after season 3 ended or was about to end or whatever. I saw it on netflix, wanted to watch it cause it looked lame and girly, and ended up falling in love.

I had never heard of bronies and the huge following behind the show until I watched s1-s3. I wanted more so I looked up season 4 only to find that it was still in development. And then I discovered the bronies on the internet after looking up "fans of my little pony" because I felt like a loser for liking ponies, only to find out I wasn't the only one. So I had no idea I was a brony until I watched all the episodes at the time. It was an instantaneous thing. Like oh, 'okay I'm a brony I guess'.

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember being surprised by how good it was. I had such low expectations that when I first saw it I was amazed. 

But since I'm a pretty old Brony, when I first started watching the show, I didn't even know there was such thing of a Brony fandom. But when I did find out I was sort of relieved and glad that there were many others my age that liked it too. So the whole "being a Brony" aspect didn't affect me as I was starting to watch it

I first became aware of Friendship is Magic when I saw a clip of Twilight trying to introduce herself to Fluttershy in the very first episode on youtube---at the time, I was doing some research for a parody of MLP Generation-1, a parody I've never really gotten a chance to start on in earnest.

Some time after seeing that clip, I became aware that the show had a huge adult fanbase.  Probably it was tvtropes.org that made me aware of it, but maybe it was somewhere else; I'm not sure.  But having watched some G-1 stuff and deciding it wasn't all that bad, I decided to watch some episodes, starting with the first one where we're introduced to Twilight and the magical land of Equestria...

And I was immediately hooked:  the characters, the fantasy world, the adventure---all of it just resonated with something in me.  That was all the way back in 2010.

Of course, until a few months ago, I didn't actually frequent any brony forums or discuss it online, so I wasn't sure how much of a brony I could really call myself.  Even though I've spent a lot of time working on a fanfic and building a fangame since then...