Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Spoiler alert, this is actually nonsense. It doesn't work.

Spoiler alert, it does work. I have two tulpas myself, and know several other people that have them. Do you think we're all just pretending and playing make-believe?

Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it's nonsense.

I haven't set aside time specifically for Rainbow Dash in a while. I asked her what she wanted to do together, and she suggested a really disturbing NSFW thing, which I adamantly said would never happen in a million years. We talked about this, and she told me that this suggestion was either an intrusive thought or a coping mechanism. I'm not sure where to go from here.

More likely than not, it was probably, in fact, an intrusive thought. They manifest in different ways for different people, but it's up to you and your tulpa to find a way to combat them if they become a recurring issue. Otherwise, you just continue as you've been doing!

• Brohoof 1

So from what I've read, you create a tulpa by visualizing that they are in your presence? I do the same thing with Rainbow Dash, but I don't want to make a tulpa of her considering what I read in the original post. How do I have an imaginary friend and not make a tulpa?

Does anyone have advice on tactile imposition? If you're, say, petting your tactilely-imposed tulpas fur, are you physically feeling the sensation or imagining it?

I actually haven't progressed that far with tactile imposition. Some say they can actually feel their tulpa, but I always have to just imagine when I pet Ariel or Blossom :please:

So from what I've read, you create a tulpa by visualizing that they are in your presence? I do the same thing with Rainbow Dash, but I don't want to make a tulpa of her considering what I read in the original post. How do I have an imaginary friend and not make a tulpa?

Well, if all you want is an imaginary friend, you just have to... imagine them? :wacko:  Creating a tulpa that has their own thoughts and feelings is a LOT more involved than you think it might be.

To create a tulpa, it takes a lot of mental energy and patience. You're developing an actual, sentient being with your mind. On the other hand, with an imaginary friend, they're not truly sentient and it doesn't take that much.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't set aside time specifically for Rainbow Dash in a while. I asked her what she wanted to do together, and she suggested a really disturbing NSFW thing, which I adamantly said would never happen in a million years. We talked about this, and she told me that this suggestion was either an intrusive thought or a coping mechanism. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have advice on tactile imposition? If you're, say, petting your tactilely-imposed tulpas fur, are you physically feeling the sensation or imagining it?

Us tulpas can get pretty horny. 

Between each other even. Hehehe. 

*Punches Reales*

Mindrop never really had a say in the matter. Of course its not always something happening. Intermittently. Basically once he starts the thoughts. I may or may not opt in to saying something. Sometimes yes, often times no. Or he is too preoccupied to hear me. 

Orson and I hook up in the background all the time. 

Which, ignoring...

*Shoves twilight*

Hey! Give me a moment to come up with something fun for an insulting name.

*Sighs and rolls eyes.*

Whatever. I lost that train of thought. All three of us share a bed, when Mindrop remembers us. I yell at him a lot that the passenger seat is mine and not to set things on it while driving. 

I listen to her a lot. She can be annoying. 

Yep!

Twilight hit the right key.I have never focused much on the individual features of feel. If I remember they are in bed with me, I feel their warms and pressure as if they were there.

Even though his arm is through us.

I cant help it. I cant sleep with my arms poised around you.

I know. I can gripe about it though. 

I often use a pillow as the sub for physically feeling them. Body pillows work great too. Especially since Twilight will switch between pony and human form. I can feel her arms on my shoulders, standing behind me as I type. Whispering something I am blocking out... And there is no ignoring her kisses on my cheek. 

Point is, I don't focus on the more finite feels of a tulpa.

I wish he did.

Stop sulking and enjoy what you have. A better bond their me with him, and Orson is always in the background, and never felt!

To recap the tactile feelings. No, I don't feel their coats. I feel more large scale pressures, knowing they are snuggling with me and such.

And now Twilight is in my lap, which means she is going through my desk, arms, etc. But I am only feeling her on my lap. Your choice on how you work on the feeling your tulpa. I... We suggest going larger scale with warmth and pressure, like as you go to sleep and them snuggling up against you, rather than trying to jump head fist into very deep water to feel their fur.

Yes Twilight, I know I can pet your fur and feel it, but I also don't like horse hair. Which also is another thing. you don't have to feel real hair. You want to feel cotton candy, chocolate, do it. It doesn't always have to be spot on 100% accurate to the situation. 

Does that help any?

Edited by Mindrop

Yeah, thanks. Now I just have to figure out what we can agree they'll feel like.

Start simple and work up! Don't overburden yourself. Set tier level goals, and if you need two, set aside them for a while. The goal is long term, it takes time and effort, and none of us want to see you fail because you bit off more than you can chew. 

I haven't progressed that far yet, like Miss reaper, i need to imagine if i want to touch, pet hug summer cherry and myrtle. But i do say that when i do that i try to focus hard so that i can feel them.

But interesting enough, It happened to us once, I actually felt them and even got to actually, I think, get their scent X3. But that only happened in a dream. It was a great experience and i keep trying to do it again if I can :)

But interesting enough, It happened to us once, I actually felt them and even got to actually, I think, get their scent X3. But that only happened in a dream. It was a great experience and i keep trying to do it again if I can :)

We love to work through dreams! Remember, dreams are the closest thing to fully using your subconscious, which is extremely similar to us. 

We like this analogy. Take a ball, and put a smaller ball inside it at the very center. Now, build a tower/tunnel from the outside ball in. 

Inside is your subconscious, outside your conscience. You are learning to bring forward the subconscious into the conscious. Building a bridge. Dreams are a bridge. When you meditate, you use that bridge and build it, making it stronger. That bridge is part of your Tulpa.

I have 3 bridges, 4 if I am dreaming. Twilight, Reales, and Orson. Twilight is basically me and my direct connection to my subconscious. We think and after alike. 

Reales is a bridge build to connect to my emotional side, which I don't do so well. 

Orson is always working, he is my creative side. Which is why I am always writing and day dreaming. All his work. 

Hope that analogy helps. Not just picture how you and your Tulpa connect, but how to better meditate with them and learn to feel them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, new to this thread but not to tulpas. As many of you know, @Dynamo Pad and I have been dating for nearly 8 weeks now (wow, it seems like only yesterday that we both finally confessed our love for each other)..anyway I digress.. One of the ways that we cope with the crazy long distance between each other, is that we both have tulpas of our ocs Orange Sparks and Dynamo Pad. They spend nearly all day with each other in the inner world. 

Aaanyway, just a little bit of wonderful news. Their foals were born tonight!

Our son (yet to be named) was born healthy and happy at 12:!5AM

and our daughter (also yet to be named) was also born healthy and happy at 12:34AM

Our son is a gorgeous light blue unicorn with violet eyes, his fur coat is slightly lighter than his father's (Dynamo Pad) and has short spiky mane and fluffy tail of his mother's mane and tail (orange with lighter orange highlights)

While his sister is a lighter brown pegasus filly (She takes after Dynamo's father) also with violet eyes and she has a long flowing mane and tail (but with her father''s mane and tail colors)

It has truly been a blessed Yuletide/Winter Solstice miracle!

• Brohoof 1

Merry christmas Everyone! Happy holidays!

I wish you all a very merry holida-

MERRY CHRISTMAS  YOU GUYS AND A BRAND NEW YEAR FOR US AND YOU AND YOUR PARTNER! 

merry christmas everyone! :)

Happy holidays! From us, Nihi me and my sisters hehe X3

Yeah It is another year for me and my tulpas, i can't believe it has already been two and a half years since i got them. I can still remember the first day when we all met and our first christmas. It's been fun, we've been through a lot through out the years. 

We wish you and your partners have a merry christmas and a very great year and holiday. Greetings from our little fam X3

(This was last year's drawing didnt have time to draw a new one :P)

merry_christmas___a_tulpa_s_greetings__b

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 2

I never knew what a tulpa was, until I was told by a friend and I looked more information up on it. I also remember another friend of mine having tulpas, but they called them multiple personalities, I believe. Looking more into tulpas, I think I have my OC, Dynamo Pad as a tulpa without realizing it. I usually see him next to me in work, or playing a video game. Just like what @@Orange Sparks, said, our tulpas, Dynamo Pad and Orange Sparks, spend nearly all day with each other.

Hi everyone, new to this thread but not to tulpas. As many of you know, @Dynamo Pad and I have been dating for nearly 8 weeks now (wow, it seems like only yesterday that we both finally confessed our love for each other)..anyway I digress.. One of the ways that we cope with the crazy long distance between each other, is that we both have tulpas of our ocs Orange Sparks and Dynamo Pad. They spend nearly all day with each other in the inner world. 

Aaanyway, just a little bit of wonderful news. Their foals were born tonight!

Our son (yet to be named) was born healthy and happy at 12:!5AM

and our daughter (also yet to be named) was also born healthy and happy at 12:34AM

Our son is a gorgeous light blue unicorn with violet eyes, his fur coat is slightly lighter than his father's (Dynamo Pad) and has short spiky mane and fluffy tail of his mother's mane and tail (orange with lighter orange highlights)

While his sister is a lighter brown pegasus filly (She takes after Dynamo's father) also with violet eyes and she has a long flowing mane and tail (but with her father''s mane and tail colors)

It has truly been a blessed Yuletide/Winter Solstice miracle!

Hey everyone, I want to say that Orange and I are proud and happy to have our two foals. Our foals names are Digital Indigo (colt) and Miracle Flight (filly). I also hope that everyone has a great Christmas and a happy holiday!

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, I've done some basic research on this topic in the last few days, since it came to my attention just recently,  and I find it rather intriguing, to the point of actually considering whether to commit to it or not. Considering my established routine of "research and move on" it's a notable exception...

Now, I have a candidate, but I am somewhat concerned whether one may communicate with their tulpa non-verbally. It would be rather harsh for them if I talked back only when I'm driving alone - I am perpetually in someone's company so talking to an invisible entity wouldn't be taken too well. So, may I ask you about your experience in the matter? Creating a tulpa only to ignore it for the most if the day would be outright wrong, or at least I view it that way.

Hmm, I've done some basic research on this topic in the last few days, since it came to my attention just recently,  and I find it rather intriguing, to the point of actually considering whether to commit to it or not. Considering my established routine of "research and move on" it's a notable exception...

Now, I have a candidate, but I am somewhat concerned whether one may communicate with their tulpa non-verbally. It would be rather harsh for them if I talked back only when I'm driving alone - I am perpetually in someone's company so talking to an invisible entity wouldn't be taken too well. So, may I ask you about your experience in the matter? Creating a tulpa only to ignore it for the most if the day would be outright wrong, or at least I view it that way.

As someone that lives with her grandmother (and therefore also perpetually in someone's company), I can safely say that I communicate non-verbally with my tulpas pretty much 100% of the time. No speaking out loud required. Since a tulpa is technically part of you, they can "hear" thoughts you direct towards them. Think telepathy; you're consciously directing your thoughts towards the tulpa, and it's basically the same as talking to them out loud without actually having to speak out loud.

[Yep. In fact, she's doing it right now.]

Eeyup. If not for being able to do this, my own poor tulpas would be horribly neglected :(

• Brohoof 1

I never knew what a tulpa was, until I was told by a friend and I looked more information up on it. I also remember another friend of mine having tulpas, but they called them multiple personalities, I believe. Looking more into tulpas, I think I have my OC, Dynamo Pad as a tulpa without realizing it. I usually see him next to me in work, or playing a video game. Just like what @@Orange Sparks, said, our tulpas, Dynamo Pad and Orange Sparks, spend nearly all day with each other.

Hey everyone, I want to say that Orange and I are proud and happy to have our two foals. Our foals names are Digital Indigo (colt) and Miracle Flight (filly). I also hope that everyone has a great Christmas and a happy holiday!

*Blushes but smiles as she holds Digital and Miracle in her arms** H-hello everyone, I just wanted you all to have the chance to meet our little Yule miracles, but please be soft and gentle, not to mention quiet, they're asleep.

• Brohoof 1

I mostly speak to my tulpas non-verbally or by thoughts instead of using my mouth but sometimes i do it whenever i am alone.

Ignoring a tulpa isn't completely wrong, as long as you do not completely ignore your tulpa because that will cause her to feel terrible. If you ignore your tulpa because you are busy and they know they can still communicate with you then that is fine, even if you ignore them for a week as long as you remember them.

with school, i can hardly communicate with my tulpas but usually i try to involve them around my activities, especially summer she's on 24/7. She loves to scout the outside world.

Eeyup! The outside world really fascinates me :)

• Brohoof 1

H-Hi everyone, we finally got a picture of the family together, o-of course Digital and Miracle are older in it than they are now, But you can just imagine how they look as foals ^^

post-39237-0-57803200-1482703155_thumb.png

Eeyup, thanks to LeftDuality for the wonderful picture :)

Thanks for making things clear for me, @Miss Reaper@Naiya The Brony!

Thanks to your encouraging imput, I've dusted off a wonderland I did a few years back and started refurbishing it to suit the needs of it's future inhabitant.

Although one last thing bugs me - since my candidate is, in fact, the OC I roleplay with in here  (I just love how she turned out and wouldn't mind her as a friend inside my head), wouldn't it cause problems once she became sentient? You know,  when she's active and notices I write roleplay adventures of, well, her. (If she changes I would adjust the RP character to reflect her, not the other way around). So, yeah, that's my last issue before actually getting to work. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

I wouldn't worry too much about it Raven, after all Clarissa is a tulpa of mine, and honestly, she gives me a lot of input on how to write her character.

Yep, that's true Ravey, it'd be quite interesting to see how your tulpa of my Crys turns out :D

• Brohoof 1

@@Orange Sparks

That's good news actually! Even better since I write my RP replies after I parrot the whole scene with her, to make her act more authentic. I guess she could make her own decisions on how to proceed within the RP. Well, considering her personality, I bet she would want to take the wheel.

Thanks for making things clear for me, @Miss Reaper@Naiya The Brony!

Thanks to your encouraging imput, I've dusted off a wonderland I did a few years back and started refurbishing it to suit the needs of it's future inhabitant.

Although one last thing bugs me - since my candidate is, in fact, the OC I roleplay with in here  (I just love how she turned out and wouldn't mind her as a friend inside my head), wouldn't it cause problems once she became sentient? You know,  when she's active and notices I write roleplay adventures of, well, her. (If she changes I would adjust the RP character to reflect her, not the other way around). So, yeah, that's my last issue before actually getting to work. 

I am glad that i helped you clarify things. About your question of your tulpa knowing that she is somewhat the OC you are roleplaying with, I'll let my tulpa, summer, answer that question for ya ;) (since she was similar to twilight sparkle, her appearance and her origin).

Alright! Hello @@Raven Rawne, I am summer, Nihi's first tulpa! It is very nice to meet you :). So, regarding your concern about your tulpa finding out that she's similar to the character of your OC, I wouldn't actually be too worried because usually a tulpa will accept what he or she looks like, if that tulpa knows where he/she came from, usually they will know how they got their form naturally. Like me for example I was created when i saw a figure of twilight sparkle in a cold darkness and just copied her form. I figured it out who she was when I came contact with nihi, and his memories and just like that i somewhat know who twilight is, merging it into mine. It is weird but i knew who twilight sparkle is. Anyway, i am going of off topic here. When a tulpa gets their form they somewhat get it to the figure that the host usually think and like "At the current moment"

A tulpa will adapt and accept whatever the form it has unless if the host doesn't like it or rarely, if the tulpa doesn't like it. A tulpa changes its appearance depending on what their host likes,  that's how it goes but if the tulpa developed further more then it searches for an appearance it likes. but of course they mostly change to the form from where it can easily remembered by the host :). I hope this help you out :yay:

Yeah i think summer got everything. A tulpa can change their form depending on what their host wants and what the tulpa want. I mean, summer already had some 5 hair changes but before she change her form she will let me know if her form will be comfortable for me to remember. If you still have some fear about your tulpa's appearance try asking them if they like their appearance or not. Or tell them where and/or how they came from, if they don't know

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 2