• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Argumedies

Argumedies

Bird

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

I wish I had a clip to share but...

I was re-watching the latest episode when right after the very first song and Twilight was talking to Rarity and Rarity was working on the cloud patterns when she said.

"Doesn't my sky look fabulous or what?"

Then as everyone was getting mad at her she came up with the line.

"Too last season?"

I had not heard that line before and I had one of those moments where ya go WWHHHAAT!!! (moan groan, Oh my sweet Celestia!, this is why I love Rarity)

Too last season. As in a reference to when Discord in season 2 "last season" turned things into a checker board pattern much like the sky Rarity just created, leading into the chaos that was about to begin this story into Twilight's ascension.

DID ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS! cause I'd hate to think I'm going nuts by myself.

Register now to remove this ad.

#2 Leafeon

Leafeon

Your friendly, neighborhood pyromaniac and Trixie enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Not sure if this is just over thinking, or the best catch in a while. Quick! Someone put this on memebase! Maybe I should make it into a comic? :P

#3 hawkflame

hawkflame

Pony

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I think she meant "last season" in fashion terms, rather than television show. Rarity isn't one for fourth wall humor, and I think the joke would be a bit out of place there.

#4 Twinhead B

Twinhead B

Bunny

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's very possible the line was just a fashion joke, but the fact that it applies to Return to Harmony is very funny regardless. Good find!

#5 Fhaolan

Fhaolan

Goon!

• Subscribers

Hah! A triple joke! Well done, I hadn't caught that before. 'Too last season', referring to the fashion term, the weather term, and last show season.

#6 Crispy

Crispy

Wasted Youth

• Members

Run with this one, I think you're on to something.  That's just subtle enough to be on purpose and not an accident of phrasing.

Well done.

#7 WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Bird

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't think that was a bit of fourth wall humor.

I think that Rarity asks about how the clouds look (as she would do with clothing) and subsquently asks "Too last season?", worrying that the ponies thought her design was too much like a previous fashion season.

But of course, the writers could have always thought of a genius way to make one sentence have multiple meanings, one of them maybe a reference to Return of Harmony.

#8 Scootalove

Scootalove

✮The Best in The World✮

• Subscribers

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

I guess Rarity thought that the clouds look as fabulous as her clothing boutique.

Pretty much, Rarity is a delight when it comes to fashion.

#9 Argumedies

Argumedies

Bird

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Coincidence? Possibly… Well its not too far fetched of an idea that this is a subtle joke and from an unexpected source. Your right, I could be over thinking it but then… who knows. Either way it has made my day

#10 I am Lunar Fire

I am Lunar Fire

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I thought the pattern looked familiar too. I think you're onto something.

However it didn't have the chocolate milk rain. I loved the chocolate milk rain (and Pinkie too obviously).

#11 ~Chaotic Discord~

~Chaotic Discord~

>Dat DJ Berrybutton

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Ha, that is clever, and a nice catch that might be on purpose. Seriously, stop talking and someone make a meme for MLB or something. Before I do x3

#12 Fluttermena

Fluttermena

Bunny

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Seriously, stop talking and someone make a meme for MLB or something. Before I do x3

I'm doing one right now, hopefully it'll make it to the voting page. 

I think I'll start making content for MLB more often, my first one went pretty well.

#13 Betez

Betez

べテズ。

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Haha, I didn't notice this. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers did actually do this on purpose. I hope they did, because that's too good to do on accident. :)

#14 Fluttermena

Fluttermena

Bunny

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm having trouble uploading to MLB for some reason. I have no idea if it worked or not, so I might have to try again later.

Anyway here's what I made if anyone wants to have a look at it:

Last Season.jpg

#15 Anadu Kune

Anadu Kune

Bunny

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

hmmm...maybe this is a little reference. I mean its not far fetched given the episode. This episode draws upon the very first episode of MLP so you may have something here.

#16 Princess Cadance

Princess Cadance

Butterfly

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

That is pretty neat, intended or not. I (like others) took it to mean something in fashion terms as in "sooo last year" but you could be completely right since she could have said anything along the same lines...hmmm

#17 Toa of Ponies

Toa of Ponies

Butterfly

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thats a pretty interesting find there.I stil just think its a Coinicedence. Or maybe it's Just a little throwback.

But never the less, Good Find!

#18 I am Lunar Fire

I am Lunar Fire

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

That is pretty neat, intended or not. I (like others) took it to mean something in fashion terms as in "sooo last year" but you could be completely right since she could have said anything along the same lines...hmmm

That's called a pun. The show's writers seem to be fond of them, as they have been everywhere in the show from the beginning.

Anyway, nice meme. Keep up the good work.

#19 Fluttermena

Fluttermena

Bunny

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yay It worked!

http://cheezburger.com/7077311744#

Now I need to make a Star Swirl version of Bad Luck Brian, and Hasbro Dash in the cooking pot...

This is gonna be so awesome /)^3^(\

#20 Dusty Soul

Dusty Soul

Once a Dusty Soul always a Dusty Soul

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow that is one of those things that are very hard to catch, I heard it but honestly never thought it could be a referring to last season.  Very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Register now to remove this ad.