• Boy (cis/not transgender)
    • Girl (cis/not transgender)
    • Transgender boy
    • Transgender girl
    • Bigender
    • None of the above
    • Questioning

• 3 weeks later...

This "gender identity" thing doesn't really make sense. People just mistake "gender" with "sexual orientation". About gender, in the case any space aliens happen to be reading this, for humans there are only two for humans: male and female, this is not a matter of how people identify themselves, it just is in the genes.

Sexual orientation is another story.

• Brohoof 1

This "gender identity" thing doesn't really make sense. People just mistake "gender" with "sexual orientation". About gender, in the case any space aliens happen to be reading this, for humans there are only two for humans: male and female, this is not a matter of how people identify themselves, it just is in the genes.

There is a difference between biological gender and gender identity. For most humans, the two align. For some, they don't. Sexual orientation is a whole different level.

I've noticed that many people seem to have problems understanding or even acknowledging transgenderism, me included. It just seems weird if you can't relate to it in a way. But I'm not going to say that transgenderism doesn't exist or something equivalent.

• Brohoof 1

idk, I'm pretty sure you can feel attracted to boys but feel like you're a girl when you're actually a boy, or any combination of those things. Gender and sexual orientation are two different subjects.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm agender. I just can't seem to feel right any other way (feel right calling myself either gender or anything in between, anyway).

But I am biologically female, so usually just go with that and let people treat me like a female, since it's fine with me (I'm plenty used to it).

• 3 months later...

If a few of you are wondering why your posts have been hidden, gender identity jokes were in the mix...

I'm actually non-binary, so I was wondering: is there anyone else here like me? If you have suggestions for poll choices, please let me know! EDIT: I put boy/girl and transgender boy/girl as separate options simply because I want to know if there are other LGBT people here...

They have little to contribute to the discussion. It completely detracts and derails from the OP's contextual intention. :) Let's stick to discussing our actual gender identities just as this topic was intended to attribute and amalgamate.

A hopeful note for the future---

MLPForums strives to be that kind place where people from all sorts of upbringings and demographics can feel welcome and inclusive. MLPForums should feel safe, tolerant, and respectful. I'm not throwing your post under the bus here. If your only intention was to get a good laugh out of it, that's completely fine.

However, there's a time and place for everything.

Gender identity is a universally sensitive topic. People who are not cis very often experience ridicule in their day-to-day lives. Take note that a lot of LGBTQ+ people flock to this thread looking to spread awareness and somewhat celebrate the non-binary community here. The OP's very intent revolved around that very sentiment. Such a joke would strike impressions to most (especially to the non-binary) that you don't take gender identity seriously. I simply ask you take the OP more into account and refrain from gender identity jokes even if you have provided your true GI. Let's give the LGBTQ+ members here an accepting environment.

• Brohoof 1