1. 1. Which do you identify as?

• Boy (cis/not transgender)
    • Girl (cis/not transgender)
    • Transgender boy
    • Transgender girl
    • Bigender
    • None of the above
    • Questioning

If anything I'm transgender, I seem to have more feminine qualities than masculine. I've always gotten along better with women and girls than with men and boys growing up. Always played with the more girly toys as a kid. Liked the shows more for girls, Kim Possible, Power Puff Girls, Totally Spies and of course My Little Pony to name a few. Even now guys at work will be talking about boobs and the like and I'll be looking at pictures filly Rainbow Dash in a box going so cute... So very very adorable...

If anything I'm transgender, I seem to have more feminine qualities than masculine. I've always gotten along better with women and girls than with men and boys growing up. Always played with the more girly toys as a kid. Liked the shows more for girls, Kim Possible, Power Puff Girls, Totally Spies and of course My Little Pony to name a few. Even now guys at work will be talking about boobs and the like and I'll be looking at pictures filly Rainbow Dash in a box going so cute... So very very adorable...

I am transgender male, but I like things for girls more than things for boys. Gender expression does not mean gender identity. 

I am transgender male, but I like things for girls more than things for boys. Gender expression does not mean gender identity. 

For most it does tie directly in to it. The majority of trans individuals do relate the ability to express ones gender to gender identity as being one in the same. Due to the stiff lines on gender roles, as like girls like dolls boys like football. It is hard hard to express identity through anything else aside from behavior due to fear of reprisal from society or family. Little Billy can't borrow mom's makeup and say "I'm a princess" or Sally making cardboard armor and say "I'm king Arthur" without being sent to a shrink. Expression and behavior have a lot to do with identity, Especially when dealing with trans people. All they have is the expression to confirm the identity.

• Brohoof 1

For most it does tie directly in to it. The majority of trans individuals do relate the ability to express ones gender to gender identity as being one in the same. Due to the stiff lines on gender roles, as like girls like dolls boys like football. It is hard hard to express identity through anything else aside from behavior due to fear of reprisal from society or family. Little Billy can't borrow mom's makeup and say "I'm a princess" or Sally making cardboard armor and say "I'm king Arthur" without being sent to a shrink. Expression and behavior have a lot to do with identity, Especially when dealing with trans people. All they have is the expression to confirm the identity.

So you're saying that since I like styling hair, drawing pictures, watching My Little Pony, hate violence and sports, that I'm a girl? 

So you're saying that since I like styling hair, drawing pictures, watching My Little Pony, hate violence and sports, that I'm a girl? 

No, what I am saying is you are whatever you identify and express yourself as. All I said is for most trans people all they have is the ability to express and behave as the gender they feel they are.

No, what I am saying is you are whatever you identify and express yourself as. All I said is for most trans people all they have is the ability to express and behave as the gender they feel they are.

It doesn't mean gender identity means gender expression. Sure a lot of transgenders act their gender role, but it doesn't mean anything. 

It doesn't mean gender identity means gender expression. Sure a lot of transgenders act their gender role, but it doesn't mean anything. 

I have studied this for quite some time, You talk to transgendered people as much as I have and ask questions. The big one is " What pains you most about being in the incorrect body?" For the most part is the answer is "I do not feel I can act as who I am without being judged." Actions and behavior do relate to identity. I do identify as a woman but I am judged for leaving the store with a Twilight plushie because I have a couple manly qualities. Does this mean I do not fall within the female identity? Sure I like cars and a couple sports but also like fashion, cooking and actually do care about personal relationships. I am a woman because I identify and express myself as such. Your expression of who you are is identity of who you are.

Edited by Rotary Hum

I am a male, of course, but I have feminine characteristics and there are tons of cutesy things I love. It's...odd. I have have fantasies of me being a girl and it's something I like the idea of, but I also like feminine males, they are really cute too, so, I suppose I am cute. I hope. :P With that I would prefer either but I don't mind being a male, just a cute male at least. Like my avatar. :3 It is basically, I like cutesy males, I think I am a cutesy male so, I like me, so, male would be the identity.

Did that make any sense? My wording is a disaster.