Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv I like Frozen, but.....

PartyWithPinkie

It's a movie where the good guys win.

Well, f###. Imagine that. :huh: Clearly this makes it the most formulaic film in all of cinema.

Anna won't die...No, really? It's almost as if good guys don't often die in Disney films and literally everyone everywhere knew she would survive. Congratulations on "predicting" obvious things, I guess. I can do that too. The next MLP episode will have ponies in it. :catface:

• Brohoof 3

I agree with some of your points that the movie definately had it weaknesses and I would have loved to cut down on the trolls so we've could have seen more of Elsas magic, more plot or eventually the relationship between Anna and Elsa even though Elsa shut herself in, so it's a bit difficult.

Also you can't really find the answer in The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, because Frozen was loosely based on the story and they're very different from each other, so if you want answers, maybe send a mail to Disney so you possibly can get answers? 

Well, f###. Imagine that. :huh: Clearly this makes it the most formulaic film in all of cinema.

Anna won't die...No, really? It's almost as if good guys don't often die in Disney films and literally everyone everywhere knew she would survive. Congratulations on "predicting" obvious things, I guess. I can do that too. The next MLP episode will have ponies in it. :catface:

I would enjoy discussing with you, but you're coming off extremely rude so I'm afraid I won't be talking about this with you any longer.

Also seeing as how you didn't answer my question, this has gone no where.

Let's not forget that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I respect yours, and hope you would at least be able to do the same for mine.

Very good points. How did Elsa get these powers? Did she have a family History? Was she blessed with them? Did something happen to her mother when she was pregnant? SO many questions. 

What I did not like was, how their parents just died so fast, like right in the beginning of the movie practically. It was all so quick too. They were on a ship and thats it. I wish they would have done it less "lazy" if they were going to kill off their parents or something (Not that I wanted them to die). 

I felt like they did get lazy with some parts of the movie. But, I DID LOVE the movie however.

• Brohoof 1

First off, I'd like to make it clear like I like the movie Frozen, but I have a few things I'd like to point about it that bothered me.

Im not trying to bash this movie in any way either, I am just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

1. Elsa's powers. We hardly saw them in action, but what bothered me was that we knew no origin of these powers other than Elsa was born with them. I at least wish they could have had some sort of explanation of them and why she had them.

It seemed almost lazy to me that they decided to just say "oh she was born with them" and give no further explanation. It just felt sloppy to me :/

2. The trolls..... OK.... WHAT? we know next to nothing about those trolls or what their deal was. Who are they? How did the king know them? How did the king know to come to them for help when Elsa's powers got out of hand? And I honestly did not enjoy the song they sang...

I can't be the only person to wonder about these things.... So I look forward to responses,

Again, I like Frozen but I just feel like Disney films are becoming so predictable and the formula is always the same for their storylines now.

(I'm afraid people will be mad at me for this, I know there are lots of Frozen fans here... Eek!)

Sounds like a prequel is an order. Maybe the prequel can help clear things up for you! :) it's ok if some things bothered you. The movie is not perfect! Everything has it's flaws.

Yeah, a few things at the start went on unexplained and moved a little too fast. It's just magic stuff though, magic stuff like being born with ice powers and rocks that are actually trolls, but magic stuff often goes unexplained in most fictions anyway so I forgive it. :lol:

I saw Frozen today it was awesome the special effects were breath taking !

Ok if any of you remembered what the towns people called her a sorceress so she was a witch born with ice powers that had a trouble adjusting with life and love in her heart !

Like... how does Elsa have icy blonde hair? Why dont Anna have it too?

But her parents' have dark hair. Not blonde.

Blonde hair is a recessive trait, so if any of her grandparents had blonde hair it could have been passed down through her parents.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but a squeal is planned, and will probably be released around thankgiving in 2016 or 2017.

And I agree with the trolls, they were lacking a good story.

Apart from that - great movie.

Also, is it just me that feels like the troll's song went forever?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just to let you ponies know, Frozen is base off a book called Snow Queen. It is by Hans Cristian Anderson. Maybe the answers lie there.

Hans Cristian Anderson also wrote Little Mermaid.

I am currently reading Andersen's The Snow Queen, and I gotta say, there are SO FEW similarities between the stories so far (I'm on story 4 of 7 right now). Also, Disney's The Little Mermaid is based on Andersen's The Mermaid. They also changed a lot there, considering Disney is "Happily-ever-after" oriented, while fairy tales are moral-oriented and were used to keep children in line!! The Mermaid is freaking depressing, but at least it teaches about the value of the human soul. HCA also wrote Thumbelisa, which I have not read yet, but am going to soon, but I'm going to assume it is the basis for Thumbelina.

Also you can't really find the answer in The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, because Frozen was loosely based on the story and they're very different from each other, so if you want answers, maybe send a mail to Disney so you possibly can get answers? 

I would stress LOOSELY! haha So far, the only connections I've found have been that there is a way that people can have their hearts frozen (magic vs particle of shattered mirror) but the fairy tale version is simply a metaphorical "frozen" as far as I've read, and they just become unloving of everyone and everything. There is a boy and a girl, but the boy goes missing, freezing heart and all, and the girl goes to find him. That's as far as I've gotten. 2 more short sub-stories to finish the fairy tale though.

3. Anna

Anna...

Also she's singing about finally being able to go outside and the gates opening up  and all that shit in song form

Why can't she leave?

Elsa is shutting herself in, but at no point is it made obvious that Anna had to be inside as well.

Elsa even says, "Then leave."

justgoanna

5. Hans

(it's been mentioned above that Frozen is based off The Snow Queen, and in that story it involves an evil mirror that freezes people's hearts. If you look at Hans in each scene, he's mirroring whatever emotion they have

3. Remember that it was Anna's parents who made the gates and windows etc be closed. Though it doesn't make sense why she wouldn't go outside but just remain within the castle walls themselves...got the question right there! However, that rule was obviously overruled by Elsa, who was now queen and had the authority to change the rules. 

5. I never noticed he was mirroring people! I'll have to watch him more closely next time I watch it. But the mirror itself doesn't freeze their hearts, but rather, after the mirror shattered, if a particle of the mirror gets in your eye, all the negative aspects of what you see become emphasized and good things diminished; but if a particle gets into your heart, you become cold toward everyone and everything. The scariest part is that the particles from the mirror are scattered throughout the entire world!

Edited by PE Brony

First off, I'd like to make it clear like I like the movie Frozen, but I have a few things I'd like to point about it that bothered me.

Im not trying to bash this movie in any way either, I am just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

1. Elsa's powers. We hardly saw them in action, but what bothered me was that we knew no origin of these powers other than Elsa was born with them. I at least wish they could have had some sort of explanation of them and why she had them.

It seemed almost lazy to me that they decided to just say "oh she was born with them" and give no further explanation. It just felt sloppy to me :/

2. The trolls..... OK.... WHAT? we know next to nothing about those trolls or what their deal was. Who are they? How did the king know them? How did the king know to come to them for help when Elsa's powers got out of hand? And I honestly did not enjoy the song they sang...

I can't be the only person to wonder about these things.... So I look forward to responses,

Again, I like Frozen but I just feel like Disney films are becoming so predictable and the formula is always the same for their storylines now.

(I'm afraid people will be mad at me for this, I know there are lots of Frozen fans here... Eek!)

( Not just alot. The entire internet is overpopulated by fans. I personally think the movie was great, but too many people are obsessed. )

• Brohoof 1

I don't really see the point in knowing where Elsa's powers come from. What's relevant is she has them, not why she has them.

Ya, I haven't seen the movie myself, but that doesn't sound like a serious plot hole, or even a plot hole at all. It sounds like one of those things that just is, and you don't question it. Unless it somehow contradicts previously established canon in some way. Like, you may as well question why wizards in a story with wizards have magic powers (It's 'cuz they're wizards).

( Not just alot. The entire internet is overpopulated by fans. I personally think the movie was great, but too many people are obsessed. )

Well, at the very least, I see so much fanart of the movie (primarily Elsa) on DeviantArt main page, tho maybe it's psychological (as in, I don't want to see it, so I when I see, like, 3 in a short span of time, I think "FROZEN FANART IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!", but if I was actually wanting to find it, I'd think the exact opposite)

• Brohoof 1