Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario Kart 8

Envy

What's wrong with the smash roster? I can agree that MK8 has issues (koopalings everywhere) but what's wrong with smash?

Have you seen the leaked roster list? 99% sure it's confirmed, as a Nintendo employee working on the game was fired less than 24 hours after the leak happened.

Honestly, though, they need to stop making variants and have Mario franchise characters that never even became playable yet.

Because, we totally need:

Two metal variations of two people from the same class, making two unneeded heavyweights

Five baby versions of characters instead of making people like Boo, Rex, Reznor or whoever playable.

And now, two variations of people from a middleweight class, making two more middleweight racers.

Anywho, I'd love to see Villager be a bit customizable, and, honestly, even if kirby isn't popular at this point, he's had a recent game. More recent than animal crossing. Sure, he's had one racing game. One. And it's not on virtual console or anything. Unlike F-Zero.

The stars could be pretty good for karts, Bulk Star, Warp star and Slick star.

You've got Kirby Air Ride for Star Karts. I'm actually kinda hoping they're working on a new one of those too.

You know we're gonna get to choose Yoshi and Shy Guy's colors if we buy both expansions? That's what Reddit seems to think.

Have you seen the leaked roster list? 99% sure it's confirmed, as a Nintendo employee working on the game was fired less than 24 hours after the leak happened.

And what about it? What's wrong?

And what about it? What's wrong?

Some employee at Nintendo or Namco leaked the entire roster for the new Smash game. I think it's legit, because somebody got fired not long after the leak first popped up two days ago. Not to mention they included video of the alleged 3DS version of the game, with some of the new characters playing. I was asking if you'd seen it yet.

Some employee at Nintendo or Namco leaked the entire roster for the new Smash game. I think it's legit, because somebody got fired not long after the leak first popped up two days ago. Not to mention they included video of the alleged 3DS version of the game, with some of the new characters playing. I was asking if you'd seen it yet.

I never trust leaks. I always wait for official announcements. 

Personally I've never had problems with rosters because if i don't want to play as a character i don't play as them. If there's a character I want but isn't on there oh well :/

Edited by Ami Mizuno

"$11.99 for 16 new tracks, 8 new vehicles, and 6 new characters"

Damn, that sounds like an AMAZING deal.

That's exactly how DLC is supposed to be done. ^.^

Oh! Mariokart discussion. That's right. My Nintindo Network ID is "Descant". We should play sometime, random brony reader of forums. :P

That's exactly how DLC is supposed to be done. ^.^

Oh! Mariokart discussion. That's right. My Nintindo Network ID is "Descant". We should play sometime, random brony reader of forums. :P

I'd be totally up to play sometime

I was playing online... so many yoshi's and shyguys in Benzes... I was like I feel left out being the only non-special character...so I changed to black shy guy and drove the little drag racer benz.

Second: Because Captain Falcon isn't nearly as popular a Nintendo character as Mario, Peach, or Link, even if the first two are wearing stupid costumes from a TV show almost nobody knows about, or from old games that most of the target demographic for MarioKart won't remember. Besides, Captain Falcon already has his own racing game, why bother including him in another?

- Captain Falcon isn't as popular? Last I checked, Captain Falcon is one of the most popular Nintendo characters out there(even if F-Zero isn't), and the fact that he's from a racing series makes this even more of a missed opportunity, especially considering we haven't had an F-Zero game in nearly a decade

Third: Literally same argument as the second. Kirby's popular, but nowhere near as popular as Legend of Zelda or Animal Crossing lately

Again Kirby is popular, and would fit in well with the rest of the Mario cast(more so than Link). Again it just feels like another missed opportunity, especially with people wanting another Kirby Air Ride

Fourth: There's no Bowser Jr. because literally all of Bowser Jr.'s siblings are in the game. I don't even know why you'd want Birdo, and Diddy Kong is probably gonna be getting another Diddy Kong Racing soon, so why bother including him? Same argument as Captain Falcon here.

Because so many baby versions and of characters and multiple versions of Mario and Peach are so much better right? Regardless, there's really no reason to cut those characters, and tons of people enjoy playing as them, myself included

I think the roster for SSB4 looks fantastic, by the way. Don't know why you're complaining about that.

The recent leak makes me believe otherwise, especially with Dr Mario and Dark Pit's inclusion(and cutting Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers)

Edited by Megas75

<>

I have a theory that Captain Falcon is getting his own game again soon. Sakurai's miiverse post after his revael, the fact that he got a reveal in stead of being a hidden character, the Blue Falcon dlc in MK8, and a map based of of F-Zero. I mean Nintendo doesn't bring a character back into the spot light after a long time if they aren't getting something (i.e. Kid Icarus Uprising).

Also don't trust leaks no matter how legit the look the still can be fake. Then you end up looking like a fool screaming about things that don't exist when the full release happens.

• Brohoof 1

I have a theory that Captain Falcon is getting his own game again soon. Sakurai's miiverse post after his revael, the fact that he got a reveal in stead of being a hidden character, the Blue Falcon dlc in MK8, and a map based of of F-Zero. I mean Nintendo doesn't bring a character back into the spot light after a long time if they aren't getting something (i.e. Kid Icarus Uprising).

Also don't trust leaks no matter how legit the look the still can be fake. Then you end up looking like a fool screaming about things that don't exist when the full release happens.

I really hope that's the case with F-Zero

And honestly, I really hope that the leak is fake, but there's too much evidence that supports it(like Nintendo taking down the content)

Also I don't mind looking like a fool if the leaks do turn out to be fake, I'll probably be too happy to notice :P

Well, I don't know... It came with accompanying video, and video's pretty tough to fake. And Nintendo's response pretty much confirms it the rest of the way in my eyes.

I'm not really upset if Ice Climbers didn't make it back in. Although I wouldn't really be surprised. I don't know whether they've actually had any new games since NES or N64. 

• 8 months later...

I have a Wii U somewhere in m house, but I'm not sure where it is. I wish I could play this game sometime...

When I can play it, I'll probably enjoy it :squee: And the character I'll probably race with most would be Pink Gold Peach.

"Turn... now!!!" OOOOOH SHIT WAAAAAAAALL!!!!"

Yes I have played 200cc...

Lol! It's such a completely different style of play! You actually have to anticipate turns, slow down into the turn, and speed up out of it. And pretty much all boosts—drift boosts, jump boosts, and that boost you get when you trail behind someone—basically get you killed.

• 7 months later...

Also, the music is good, but I think they should stick to synthesised music.

Who would come into my own topic and post such tripe?!

I would say it's more how some of the instruments were used/played than that they were real. As a usual big fan of the saxophone, I really don't like how it's used/played in a lot of the music in the game.

However, songs where you have a trumpet/trombone/saxophone section are very well done, and I'm very glad they used the real thing, like here:

Or even the new Bowser's Castle track:

Synthesized just can't compare.

I got this game with Wii U for Christmas amd Im pretty good at it!

However, i think tje left joystick is broken since sometimes I will steer off the road with no control ? Does it on the menu screen too. I still manage to win more than lose but ita unfortunate

Ill still do a race with any of you o: