Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario Kart 8

Envy

I don't have Mario Kart 8, but I do have the one for the normal Wii and it already caused my family to despise each other for a week. Good times...

...still, MK8 looks pretty darn sweet. I might check it out.

I swear this song... everytime tears...so beautiful!

So many childhood memories!

Same but agony is included. It takes 5 minutes to complete that course in Mario Kart 64. Plus whenever you hit the cpu, they come back instantly as if nothing happened to them. That rubber band effect.

post-26501-0-50164000-1402808223_thumb.jpg

I swear this song... everytime tears...so beautiful!

So many childhood memories!

I guess the music and track are so far removed from how they were in the original Mario Kart 64 that I don't actually feel a thing when playing that stage.

Then again, even though I loved Mario Kart 64 to death as a child, I'm not sure I actually have much nostalgia for it to begin with. For example, I have more nostalgia for playing Bowser's Castle N64 on Mario Kart Wii, than I do playing it in Mario Kart 64. lol

(edited)

3 starred every GP! Woohoo! ...........darn... Now I've completed it! xD Wish I'd savoured it more! Still, it was an awesome game, with awesome music and I have to say a great roster (metal mario and gold peach maybe a little disappointing, but meh :P ). Certainly the best yet! And when I heard that beautiful remastered N64 Rainbow Road theme, I felt tears of joy roll down my face! The nostalgia! Oh, the nostalgia...

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

I guess the music and track are so far removed from how they were in the original Mario Kart 64 that I don't actually feel a thing when playing that stage.

Then again, even though I loved Mario Kart 64 to death as a child, I'm not sure I actually have much nostalgia for it to begin with. For example, I have more nostalgia for playing Bowser's Castle N64 on Mario Kart Wii, than I do playing it in Mario Kart 64. lol

People who do not play the current Mario Kart games and are super nostalgic about Mario Kart 64, well, that bothers me a little bit, just because the games have improved so much over the last several years that people have no idea what they are missing.

Playing Mario Kart 64 feels very slow and boring to me. I would play an HD remake with grinding any day (using the courses in the new games, except making Rainbow Road 3 laps) but no way would I think that Mario Kart 64 on the N64 with N64 controllers was any better than any of the new games. Nostalgia really confuses people sometimes. XD

People who do not play the current Mario Kart games and are super nostalgic about Mario Kart 64, well, that bothers me a little bit, just because the games have improved so much over the last several years that people have no idea what they are missing.

Playing Mario Kart 64 feels very slow and boring to me. I would play an HD remake with grinding any day (using the courses in the new games, except making Rainbow Road 3 laps) but no way would I think that Mario Kart 64 on the N64 with N64 controllers was any better than any of the new games. Nostalgia really confuses people sometimes. XD

I really do agree. I loved Mario Kart 64, but I have long since let the idea of it being the 'best' Mario Kart go. The only Mario Kart title that I really could not see as 'better' than Mario Kart 64 was Double Dash. I just never enjoyed Double Dash as much. However, once Mario Kart DS came around, I was beginning to let the idea of Mario Kart 64 being the 'best' go. However, it really happened with Mario Kart Wii, and being able to play online.

• Brohoof 1

I think Rosalina's voice is decent in this game. It captures her personality pretty well overall, but it has some problems. What nearly ruins it for me is, for example, when she says "wee", it sounds like Peach's voice. That stuff doesn't go well with her and how she is, to be honest.

The first voice for her in MKWii was perfect, the MK7 version was pretty good (perhaps a bit too high pitched), but this one is eh, alright I guess. Just felt like I had to get that out there.

I really do agree. I loved Mario Kart 64, but I have long since let the idea of it being the 'best' Mario Kart go. The only Mario Kart title that I really could not see as 'better' than Mario Kart 64 was Double Dash. I just never enjoyed Double Dash as much. However, once Mario Kart DS came around, I was beginning to let the idea of Mario Kart 64 being the 'best' go. However, it really happened with Mario Kart Wii, and being able to play online.

I did not play much of Double Dash or DS when they came out because my brothers decided which consoles we were going to get, and by the time the Gamecube was out, my brothers all wanted Xbox. I guess I could have gotten a DS, but I didn't have money of my own to spend and I was in high school, and there were other things that I wanted to get and spend my time doing over video games at the time.

Then I started dating my now-husband, and he and his brother are "we love all video games" types, which means that they always had multiple consoles from the same generation. Which meant that they had Mario Kart Wii. When we played it together, I loved it so much that I had to get the Wii bundle with Mario Kart for myself. Being able to have bikes, drifting that exceeds in dependability compared to Mario Kart 64, wheelies/flips and tricks in the air, playing online, etc. I played Mario Kart 64 after playing Mario Kart Wii and it was so... I mean, the courses are great. But you don't go very fast, drifting sucks, the character selection is minimal, so in that regard, the game lacks a lot of what makes the later games so fun and endearing.

• 2 months later...

I already pre-ordered!

My only complaint is Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach... Seriously, Nintendo? Why not add characters that we actually needed, like Diddy Kong, Birdo, or Bowser Jr.? -_-

It continues to amaze me that they can send out these nonsensical 'clone' characters in a DLC pack for a series where characters are not completely, but are mostly visual swaps.

• Brohoof 2

I already pre-ordered!

My only complaint is Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach... Seriously, Nintendo? Why not add characters that we actually needed, like Diddy Kong, Birdo, or Bowser Jr.? -_-

It continues to amaze me that they can send out these nonsensical 'clone' characters in a DLC pack for a series where characters are not completely, but are mostly visual swaps.

I'm just geeked for Link (Zelda fanboy since birth) and Isabella(mai waifu).

I just had a thought, Mercedes Benz DLC + Link DLC...

I CAN BE THE HERO OF TIME DRIVING A LUXURY CAR! Someone fan art this now.

• Brohoof 1

My only complaint is Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach... Seriously, Nintendo? Why not add characters that we actually needed, like Diddy Kong, Birdo, or Bowser Jr.?

Well... as for the lack of Birdo, I don't know. They're supposed to give you a bunch of alternately colored Yoshis and Shy Guys if you get both DLCs, maybe Birdo will be among that number. Bowser Jr? Weird they don't have him considering all the other Bowser kids are there. I agree with you.

No Diddy Kong? Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means they're releasing a new Diddy Kong Racing soon. You know, an open world kart game? 

MY NNID: JohnDoe1 (Sue me, I'm lazy as buck.).

I am suing you for 10 million on the account of being a lazy bucker, if you wish to have these charges dropped please surrender all your mario kart trophies to me.

Do we really need another variation of Mario and Peach.

Aside from that, there are some nitpicks I want to address:

- What are the stages

- Why include the Blue Falcon, but not Captain Falcon

- For that matter, if you're gonna include non-Mario characters, why not Captain Falcon or Kirby

- WHY IS DIDDY KONG, BIRDO, AND BOWSER JR NOT IN THE GAME BUT WE'RE GETTING TANOOKI MARIO AND CAT PEACH?!?!?!!?!?!? Between this and SSB4 it's almost like Nintendo forgot how to make rosters

But the DLC looks great nonetheless

- What are the stages

- For that matter, if you're gonna include non-Mario characters, why not Captain Falcon or Kirby

- WHY IS DIDDY KONG, BIRDO, AND BOWSER JR NOT IN THE GAME BUT WE'RE GETTING TANOOKI MARIO AND CAT PEACH?!?!?!!?!?!? Between this and SSB4 it's almost like Nintendo forgot how to make rosters

I don't know if this is a UK thing, but on the eshop, there's a thing called 'The Cat Mario Show' where it's literally Mario and Peach puppets dressed as cats doing something. I don't know what, though. The voices made me pull my hair out.

• Brohoof 2

- What are the stages

First nitpick: We get to see half of them if you look at the image. There's LoZ tracks, Excitebikes tracks, F-Zero tracks, and stuff. So yeah. I personally don't like knowing everything about a game (or expansion thereof) before it's released anyway.

Second: Because Captain Falcon isn't nearly as popular a Nintendo character as Mario, Peach, or Link, even if the first two are wearing stupid costumes from a TV show almost nobody knows about, or from old games that most of the target demographic for MarioKart won't remember. Besides, Captain Falcon already has his own racing game, why bother including him in another?

Third: Literally same argument as the second. Kirby's popular, but nowhere near as popular as Legend of Zelda or Animal Crossing lately. 

Fourth: There's no Bowser Jr. because literally all of Bowser Jr.'s siblings are in the game. I don't even know why you'd want Birdo, and Diddy Kong is probably gonna be getting another Diddy Kong Racing soon, so why bother including him? Same argument as Captain Falcon here.

I think the roster for SSB4 looks fantastic, by the way. Don't know why you're complaining about that.

• Brohoof 1

Between this and SSB4 it's almost like Nintendo forgot how to make rosters

What's wrong with the smash roster? I can agree that MK8 has issues (koopalings everywhere) but what's wrong with smash?

• Brohoof 1

First nitpick: We get to see half of them if you look at the image. There's LoZ tracks, Excitebikes tracks, F-Zero tracks, and stuff. So yeah. I personally don't like knowing everything about a game (or expansion thereof) before it's released anyway.

Second: Because Captain Falcon isn't nearly as popular a Nintendo character as Mario, Peach, or Link, even if the first two are wearing stupid costumes from a TV show almost nobody knows about, or from old games that most of the target demographic for MarioKart won't remember. Besides, Captain Falcon already has his own racing game, why bother including him in another?

Third: Literally same argument as the second. Kirby's popular, but nowhere near as popular as Legend of Zelda or Animal Crossing lately. 

Fourth: Why would you even want Birdo? There's no Bowser Jr. because literally all of Bowser Jr.'s siblings are in the game. Diddy Kong is probably gonna be getting another Diddy Kong Racing soon, so why bother including him? Same argument as Captain Falcon here.

I think the roster for SSB4 looks fantastic, by the way. Don't know why you're complaining about that.

Honestly, though, they need to stop making variants and have Mario franchise characters that never even became playable yet.

Because, we totally need:

Two metal variations of two people from the same class, making two unneeded heavyweights

Five baby versions of characters instead of making people like Boo, Rex, Reznor or whoever playable.

And now, two variations of people from a middleweight class, making two more middleweight racers.

Anywho, I'd love to see Villager be a bit customizable, and, honestly, even if kirby isn't popular at this point, he's had a recent game. More recent than animal crossing. Sure, he's had one racing game. One. And it's not on virtual console or anything. Unlike F-Zero.

The stars could be pretty good for karts, Bulk Star, Warp star and Slick star.