Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario Kart 8

Envy

(edited)

We seriously don't have a topic over this? I'm shocked! So here's one!

Certain aspects of this game may not be up to par (that character roster!), but I do have to say everything else is pretty much amazing!

Surely I'm not the only one here playing this?!

If you have a NNID and are playing Mario Kart 8, you should post and become friends with other members! I will try to keep this topic updated.

Form:

Forum Username - Nintendo Network ID

Envy - WoodwindsRock

Evil Derpy - Evil_Conker

Steve - STVH1295

Felix - XSilver

Bojo - elBojo

Biznis Kitty - EldinRanger

Gernia - FaloRoy010203

Jamaican Jam - Resolute_Blue
Mars Caramel - Sherwood_McCloud
AppleDerpy20 - AppleDerpy20
RockinRarity - SillySallyBanana
Mixbeat - Yosukex3
ErBoi - ErikB314

Forlong -Thunderflare

Geek0zoid - Geek0zoid

Nick1925 - Fade xViZZioNz

Soullite - Soullite

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 7

I don't friend anyone on Miiverse that I don't know in real life, but I'm certainly playing (and loving) MK8 xD.  I even posted my first MK8 Youtube vid yesterday:

^ 100cc, nothin' special; just wanted to put something up / see how it "worked" lol.

• Brohoof 1

I must say that one thing I like about it is that you recover much quicker when you fall of the track. So instead of "Oh, you fell off? How about I put you straight into last place?" it's "Oh, I got you, brah. Lemme get you back into the race real quick."

The vehicle customization is neat, too.

I don't friend anyone on Miiverse that I don't know in real life, but I'm certainly playing (and loving) MK8 xD.  I even posted my first MK8 Youtube vid yesterday:

^ 100cc, nothin' special; just wanted to put something up / see how it "worked" lol.

Yeah, I like how they made the highlight reel shareable and stuff. I thought that was a neat touch.

• Brohoof 2

I must say that one thing I like about it is that you recover much quicker when you fall of the track. So instead of "Oh, you fell off? How about I put you straight into last place?" it's "Oh, I got you, brah. Lemme get you back into the race real quick."

^ This, yes!  Lakitu is finally deserving of our coins lol.

Just started playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. The visuals and music in every track are spectacular! I bet everyone else is gonna love this.

The character I normally choose to race is Koopa Troopa by the way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I been playing alot its a fun game but the characters were way too easy to unlock

btw I created a bunch of tournaments but no one joinning them so I am going to post the codes for them below so people can join them

Derpys Muffin - 0384-6510-2933

Rainbow Dash's Dash - 9148-2633-3756 sorry I keep puting 4 where the 3s go

Fluttershy's Flight - 6124-8806-4485

Rarity's Rush - 5100-8257-8809 

Evil Derpy - Evil_Conker

Edited by Evil_Derpy

I don't have a Wii-U (yet) but kart racers are one of the few genres I willingly multiplayer in. If I ever manage to get a Wii-U and this game I'll be sure to find this topic again. <.< >.>

• Brohoof 1

Video relevant 

Anyway I need to get a Wii U soon. I've heard nothing but good things about this game

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

i got mario kart this morning. loving it. NNID is STVH1295

heres the id for a tournament a friend of mine hosts 7826-2426-1112

I been playing alot its a fun game but the characters were way too easy to unlock

btw I created a bunch of tournaments but no one joinning them so I am going to post the codes for them below so people can join them

Derpys Muffin - 0384-6510-2933

Rainbow Dash's Dash - 9148-2644-4756

Fluttershy's Flight - 6124-8806-4485

Rarity's Rush - 5100-8257-8809 

Evil Derpy - Evil_Conker

dashs dash doesnt work

Edited by Steve

(edited)

i got mario kart this morning. loving it. NNID is STVH1295

heres the id for a tournament a friend of mine hosts 7826-2426-1112

dashs dash doesnt work

I fixed it 9148-2633-4756 should work now I typed the code wrong the first time

Edited by Evil_Derpy

Video relevant 

http://youtu.be/PpxDuNFBVj8

Anyway I need to get a Wii U soon. I've heard nothing but good things about this game

The glare on that one is priceless, but overall I think I like this one better:

I literally was in tears laughing so hard when I first saw this one.

• Brohoof 2

I love the game. I'm not feeling it with some of the character choices for the roster but the visuals are fantastic.

I'm loving the updated look and design with some of the retro tracks :D

Why does everypony complain about the character roster? It looks fine to me :huh:

Probably because Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, and Pink Gold Peach don't even exist, meanwhile prominent characters from the Mario series like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. were cut.

A Mario Kart roster is one of the most simplest things to make. Sure not everybody will be satisfied with any roster, but what they did here is just... dumb.

• Brohoof 5

Thank you for creating this thread! This game's been amazing so far and from the ones I've played (MK3 to MK8, except MK7) it is absolutely the best!

My NNID: elBojo

I'll add you all guys when I get the chance. It may be too early for this but, if we're a lot in the forums who play the game, what if we make a tournament? :D

Why does everypony complain about the character roster? It looks fine to me :huh:

I've unlocked nothing but babies and koopa kids! ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES!

No, but seriously they could've done better.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

*Hits head on wall*

I swear those COMs in 150cc gang up on me. I'll be driving along and even when I'm not in first and they all target me. I haven't seen a single computer target another on purpose.

Nintendo thingy: EldinRanger

I've unlocked nothing but babies and koopa kids! ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES!

No, but seriously they could've done better.

I know I'm just like where are the good characters? Why are the koopalings here? Do people like them, cause I don't.

(p.s. I just finished playing and I would have gotten gold if not for Wendy and Morton teaming up on me!)

This game is so bad for my blood pressure and anger management.

Edited by Biznis Kitty
  • Brohoof 2