Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What indie or less known games do you play?

NightFury

(edited)

I made this thread for two reasons:

1. For people to find new, creative and funny games to play. Usually indie games can run on slow computers and everyone can enjoy them.

Here are some games I play(that I consider less known): Kerbal Space Program, Don't Starve, Europa Universalis IV, Broforce, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Age of Empires, Heroes III, Rogue Legacy.

2. Because I am a game developer I love indie games but I don't have anyone to play with atm and I don't like playing alone(all the games mentioned earlier I played them with somebody on one computer or online) and I can create a server for everyone(or just a co-op), chat on Skype and have fun.

The only multiplayer games that I could think of are: Starbound and Terraria(I played it once with my friend in the early versions and I had sooo much fun playing it and since then the developers added 1000+ more items). [maybe even Minecraft, it is also an indie game]

So, leave as many indie or less known games that you can think of!

Edited by NightFury

Alpha Prime, Papers Please, Chaser, Chrome, Underrail, Red Faction, Thief Gold, Ubersoldier II, Verdun, Vampire Bloodlines, Cold Fear, Miasmata, The Forest, World in Conflict..

(edited)

Broforce, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Fist Puncher, Jazzpunk, Turbo Dismount, Kerbal Space Program, Goat Simulator, Surgeon Simulator 2013 and a bunch of others I can't remeber

Edited by Evil_Derpy

The one game I've really been keeping a close eye on lately is Freedom Planet. If I had to describe it, Freedom Planet is like hybrid between the Sega Genesis era Sonic the Hedgehog games, and Gunstar Heroes. The game was supposed to launch last week but was pushed back to June 30. For anyone interested, there is a free demo available on the developer's site.

The one game I've really been keeping a close eye on lately is Freedom Planet. If I had to describe it, Freedom Planet is like hybrid between the Sega Genesis era Sonic the Hedgehog games, and Gunstar Heroes. The game was supposed to launch last week but was pushed back to June 30. For anyone interested, there is a free demo available on the developer's site.

I voted for this game on steam greenlight like a year ago didn't know it was coming out yet

I have a few I like, mainly on steam.

Space Pirates and Zombies - Its a top-down space shooter where you can customize the ships and upgrades.

Ultrabundle - Comes with a few, old-school 8-bit style shooter games. There is a classic spiced up Space Invaders and also a really good Tower Defence game.

Don't Starve - Ok this is pretty well known, but its one of the best games I've ever played.

I play a lot of lesser-known games but most of them are console and handheld games. Any lesser-known PC games I own are that way just cuz they're old like Blackthorne, Treasure Adventure Game and Ultima IV (if you wanna call any of those lesser-known by any extent)

I'm primarily a console gamer so probably couldn't help in this topic.

• Brohoof 1

A "less known" game that I play is Severance: Blade of Darkness, a horror, hack and slash brutal game.  It is a fantasy game.  You can slice the limbs of your enemies and hit them with it, also you have the possibility of the enemy remaining alive for a while, screaming in pain after they have been mutilated.  It is one of the few games I've seen where your character shows their damage for example, at low health your character may be bloody and have one eye.  The game also has a decent selection of mods.

Considering the amount of blood and gore in this game I'll upload a screenshot with no gore.

post-27345-0-40899800-1402254391_thumb.jpg

the only less know game i play is space station 13 and i am just starting deadly sin 2, most indie games i play are popular (hotline miami, don't starve, prison architect and project zomboid)

I love WayForward (indie, but not necessarily lesser known nowadays); they developed the excellent "A Boy and His Blob" remake / reimagining on Wii, Mighty Switch Force, DuckTales: Remastered, the Shantae games, etc.  I'm really looking forward to Shovel Knight by Yacht Club Games, I thoroughly enjoyed Unepic (Wii U version), I like the developer Renegade Kid largely for Mutant Mudds (though I'm eager to play Treasurenauts).  There are several indies I just don't have the $$$ right now to purchase on Wii U: Ittle Dew, Squids Odyssey, Stick it to the Man, 1001 Spikes, etc.

My absolute favorite not very well known game series is unquestionably Disgaea. I love the heck out of their games (and I love the heck out of NIS too). It's always surprising running into to someone else that's even heard of Disgaea, much less played one of the games. That's so sad.

Oh, Dokapon Kingdom is really high on my list as well. Super fun game if you want to ruin your friendships.  :catface:

I mostly play console games so I suppose this post doesn't really help much of anyone who would actually read this thread. Still, I wanted to share some of my picks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I play "Baseball Mogul" :D

It's a game that most people wouldn't find much interest in other than me - it's just numbers and baseball history. You don't get to play baseball, there's no music and hardly any pictures, but I still enjoy it because I'm a bit of a sabermetrician when it comes to the sport :D Can't really call it much of a game past the fact you play it, though.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

(edited)

I guess if games workshop games count as "indie", I've been playing a TON of space hulk recently. Even if that game breaks 40k lore on like every level ever, it is a fairly fun turn based (kinda) strategy game, and can be kind of difficult.

And again, if you count it as indie, Arma III.

Edited by Miaq_The_Truthful

(edited)

My absolute favorite not very well known game series is unquestionably Disgaea. I love the heck out of their games (and I love the heck out of NIS too). It's always surprising running into to someone else that's even heard of Disgaea, much less played one of the games. That's so sad.

Oh, Dokapon Kingdom is really high on my list as well. Super fun game if you want to ruin your friendships.  :catface:

I mostly play console games so I suppose this post doesn't really help much of anyone who would actually read this thread. Still, I wanted to share some of my picks.

I've played the DS version of Disgaea, and I used to own Dokapon Kingdom on Wii.  I'd say I actually prefer Phantom Brave over Disgaea; I still have PB (Wii) and should really pick it up again sometime.  Though I probably wouldn't remember what the hay I'm doing lol.

Edited by PegaMister

I've played the DS version of Disgaea, and I used to own Dokapon Kingdom on Wii.  I'd say I actually prefer Phantom Brave over Disgaea; I still have PB (Wii) and should really pick it up again sometime.  Though I probably wouldn't remember what the hay I'm doing lol.

I like Phantom Brave ( I have the Wii version too) but I just prefer the Disgaea games more. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's just the feel of the Disgaea games I guess. I still like to use Marona in Disgaea though. (And I really should at least finish Phantom Brave soon)

(edited)

I like Phantom Brave ( I have the Wii version too) but I just prefer the Disgaea games more. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's just the feel of the Disgaea games I guess. I still like to use Marona in Disgaea though. (And I really should at least finish Phantom Brave soon)

Don't get me wrong; it's likely I'd buy a future Disgaea game if it came to either of the consoles I own and play.  Both Disgaea and Phantom Brave are delightfully wacky in their own, special way.  At first, when playing PB, I thought, "Oh look!  I can toss characters out of bounds!  Joy!  I shall do it always and indiscriminately!"  And then I realized doing so made the remaining enemies stronger lol.  And Disgaea does have a neat feel to it.  PB leans a bit towards saccharine, at times.

Edited by PegaMister

So I really liked Antichamber, SpaceChem, Q.U.B.E. These are some really awesome tndie puzzle games.

Apart from that there's also Factorio, Miasmata, Mount & Blade: Warband, Prison Architect, Plague Inc: Evolved...

I'm realy into the indy horrors like amnesia, outlast and among the sleep. And the triple a studios says horror is dead. Good thing indy studios show them wrong!