Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music I listen to Justin Bieber. I'm a 25yr man. Is that wrong?

Rarity Paige Belle

At the risk of being hounded  :ph34r:, I would also add that even if someone happens to like something that we may think is disgusting, distasteful, bland or contrary to our senses, doesn't make it wrong for them to have that preference or opinion. Look, I follow politics all my life and there's a lot of people I disagree with on both ends, sometimes strongly, but that doesn't make their views wrong if I find them disagreeable. 

If people can, hopefully, learn to tolerate one another despite their racial, political and ethnic differences, or at least strive to, something as mundane as a preference in music shouldn't be an end all be all. After all, the very fact that we are in the "brony" MLP fandom means that we follow a show many find distasteful and girly, even those non-bronies outside the "haters."

So as the motto goes "love and tolerate." Rise above your biases and differences. It makes the world a better and more colorful place to live in with others.

You like what you like; don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I won't stop listening to Black Sabbath just because someone believes it's devil music.

I don't like JB or his music, but that's me. Period.

"Ah that's wrong, listening to justin bieber at all." Said by a lot of people.

Nah, it ain't wrong, listen to whatever you want, whatever your age. It don't matter if you enjoy it.

• Brohoof 1

This thread name made me laugh a bit, sorry xD

No, it's not wrong, I can't say I am fan of him (Both person and music) but it's everyone's personal matter what is he listening to. Music is supposed to be entertaining for person who listens to it, if You enjoy listening to modern pop music (or whatever does JB play) then by all means. Miley Cyrus is pretty much same case. 

I also listen to a bit of Miley Cyrus now and again!

There's nothing wrong with any of that, just because they're so hated or polemic, doesn't mean you mustn't listen to their music 

I used to be one of the haters, but then I realized something. Why am I hating him? Because he's popular, and he was a little full of himself even early on? He's a kid, of course he'll get excited! And his part of We Are The World 2010 sounded AMAZING! (autotune or no autotune)

I used to be one of the haters, but then I realized something. Why am I hating him? Because he's popular, and he was a little full of himself even early on? He's a kid, of course he'll get excited! And his part of We Are The World 2010 sounded AMAZING! (autotune or no autotune)

He pissed on the American flag and called one of his fans a whale. He's a douchebag

• Brohoof 2

He pissed on the American flag and called one of his fans a whale. He's a douchebag

The thing about peeing on the American flag is fake, according to this video. It was one of the things they made up when talking to fans to see if they would still support him, or ask questions.

Still, if he really did call one of his fans a whale, then yeah, that's bad. But I guarantee that rock stars have done far far worse (even "harmless" things like trashing hotel rooms, the hotel has to pay to replace all the broken things, and the poor room service people are stuck cleaning up the mess. No apology gift basket or offer to pay the damages.

And I for one, although I wouldn't do it myself, I really don't care if someone pees on the American flag. It's freedom of speech, people have turned physical flags into idols. Although then again, I'm not exactly patriotic.

The thing about peeing on the American flag is fake, according to this video. It was one of the things they made up when talking to fans to see if they would still support him, or ask questions.

Still, if he really did call one of his fans a whale, then yeah, that's bad. But I guarantee that rock stars have done far far worse (even "harmless" things like trashing hotel rooms, the hotel has to pay to replace all the broken things, and the poor room service people are stuck cleaning up the mess. No apology gift basket or offer to pay the damages.

And I for one, although I wouldn't do it myself, I really don't care if someone pees on the American flag. It's freedom of speech, people have turned physical flags into idols. Although then again, I'm not exactly patriotic.

http://www.ranker.com/list/douchiest-things-justin-bieber-has-ever-done/ariel-kana?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-27.IWS5qTkdT1y0VVg72wOjSw.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Have fun reading through this list

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I didn't even need to pass the first one to come to the conclusion that he's pretty twisted. He has done a lot of good that doesn't make it to the media, but I think he is an immature prick.

• Brohoof 1

I personally can't stand Justin Bieber, his music or the kind of person he portrays. But, we're talking about music here and what you like. When it comes to Music, there is no real "Right" or "Wrong" You like who you like, and we all like whatever we want. I have a bunch of movies I like, that others here would really, not like. I'll admit, it's a little out of the Norm and maybe just a tad strange. But, so is watching FIM. It's not like you are asking us to condone his actions, or tying us to a chair to listen to it too.

BTW, I used to really be a fan of Miley Cyrus, some years back. In fact years ago, I am not to ashamed to say that I had a real crush on the "Old Miley" Now, I still really like her, but not really as much as I did before.

There's nothing wrong if you like it, we are all unique people, with different tastes in anything and everything.

I don't listen to much modern music at all, am not a fan of modern pop, but that's my taste.

But it's those kind of differences that make our world a more vibrant place....I mean come on, you watch a show for little girls too, and that's not bad :D

Nah, not really.

It's just about as wrong as us watching a show made for little girls about colorful cartoon ponies.

It's YOUR interests.

Nope, everyone's entitled to their own tastes. I think it's perfectly fine. It's only music, after all.

Even if I wanted to like JBs music though I couldn't. All the crap he's done recently has dug him into a hole so deep he'll never be able to recover.

Oh, of course not! His music, in my opinion, is actually quite fine, and I admit, I'll listen to Baby whenever it comes on if I feel like it at the time.

... Just as long as you don't go out of your way to support that little crapstain. <<;

You are free to like whoever you like, however you are always going to find people who hate who you like or think you are stupid for liking that particular thing. Stay strong. I'm not a fan of Bieber but to each is own I guess. 

You are free to like whoever you like, however you are always going to find people who hate who you like or think you are stupid for liking that particular thing. Stay strong. I'm not a fan of Bieber but to each is own I guess. 

each to their own thats what i say to myself all the time when i find something weird or not to my liking.

• Brohoof 1

I also listen to a bit of Miley Cyrus now and again!

Dude I'm the same age as you... You're on a forum there are men our age who like G3 and Hell MLP in general... G4 not withstanding G1-3 are mediocre at best. So why would we criticize your taste in mediocrity while enjoying our own?(Again G4 not withstanding?)

My point is, while I don't like Beiber or Miley's music, I'd like to think you're in good company... Besides I'm more of a Nsync and Backstreet boys guy... :P 

each to their own thats what i say to myself all the time when i find something weird or not to my liking.

Exactly! Same as me, that's what I tell myself. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this has probably been said abundantly already, but I just wanted to chime in and say, you ask if listening to music that is typically targeted towards teenage girls is wrong?  You're on the MLP forums.  So, in answer to your question, I will have to say:

post-26336-0-28876000-1405771828.gif

• Brohoof 1

This post was not meant to be offensive to anyone in any way. Notice has been given.

Don't hate the music. Just hate the person who does FUCKING DRUGS ON A PLANE AND JUST FUCKS AROUND IN ANY WAY HE WANTS BECAUSE HE THINKS MONEY GIVES HIM SUPREME POWER AND FAME HAS GOTTEN TO HIM AND JUST HATE HIM BECAUSE HIS ENTIRE EXISTENCE IS A WASTE OF LIFE AND JUST GET HIM DEPORTED ALREADY NOW WOULD YOU?