Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the ponies hygienic?

Rarity Paige Belle

(edited)

....................................really buddy? really? really...Really?

img-2791308-1-9892430.gif

Ofcourse they have good hygiene(unless its a pony who doesn't practice good hygiene)! 

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 2

There probably are some ponies just like there are some humans that don't have very good hygene but I think most of them at least take of the basics like bathing and stuff. The picking up with mouths thing though is one of the reasons why if I was a pony I would like to be a unicorn.

• Brohoof 3

Well, they have pools and spas, so it would make sense that they would bathe as well. Although, disease is probably common for a few reasons. (Picking up items with the mouth and nudity being two examples.)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In S2E14 The Last Roundup Pinkie Pie relieving herself in an outhouse is the butt of a joke. From these it's pretty clear that ponies do in fact use the restroom/washroom and do actually poop, so that's one mystery gone. (How Ponyville deals with its sanitation management I don't really think needs considering since I doubt anyone ever will make a fan-fiction featuring Equestrian sewage treatment.) We also see on numerous other episodes that ponies do sweat, described to have bad breath on occasion, spill food on themselves and burp.

For these reasons I think it is logical to assume that, like humans, ponies would default to smelling bad, without hygienic recourse.

As I recall, in S1E24 Owl's Well that Ends Well in the montage where Spike is trying to find a feather, we see that there is a bathtub in Twilight's treehouse home. We therefore also see that ponies do enjoy perfume, baths, spa-treatment, swimming, hoof-care and do ensure clothing is washed regularly.

For these reasons I think it is logical to assume that, like humans, ponies do take measures to ensure that they are hygienic.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 6

They are fine as long as they take their Strangles meds on time. Otherwise the Ponyville hospital is going to be busy if there's an outbreak.

O-0

Just the existence of Spa Ponies and Spas makes me believe that they are indeed hygienic. 

I mean, pedicures (hooficures? Is that the proper term?) as well as facials. They have hairdressers and the like as well.

Some ponies may be less hygienic than others, as hinted by the Cutie Mark Crusaders in "Hearts and Hooves Day" where they list off all the stallions in town who just don't seem right for Miss Cheerilee. "Too splashy, too smelly, too obsessed with tubs of jelly" to paraphrase, of course.

In S2E14 The Last Roundup Pinkie Pie relieving herself in an outhouse is the butt of a joke. From these it's pretty clear that ponies do in fact use the restroom/washroom and do actually poop, so that's one mystery gone. (How Ponyville deals with its sanitation management I don't really think needs considering since I doubt anyone ever will make a fan-fiction featuring Equestrian sewage treatment.)

Actually I am writing a fanfic where the Apple family goes into the bat guano business because of all the excess bat poop thanks the vampire fruit bats so I wouldn't be too sure about that. Without giving too much away I am going into quite a bit of detail as to how it is going to be handled and that may include some details about sanitation management.

(edited)

They are clean, I mean in the show we don't very often see them eating or what they do before they eat so they very well could wash their hooves before a meal it's just that we don't see it. Also one would imagine that Equestria being the magical verse that it is they don't have to many diseases, well at least compared to the human verse. ^_^

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

"Do ponies practice hygiene?"

As someone who's dealt with a lot of asanine criticisms against Rarity, I can tell you one of the common complaints was "She's too obsessed with being clean!" 

She's obsessed with hygiene, bruh :D Nothing wrong with that, but come on, man - she's a very ​hygienic pony, and that's something that's clear as daylight :D

As for eating grass, that's something all equines do, and walking on all fours? Do you expect them to walk like a human? :huh: That's not bad hygiene by equine standards. That's perfectly normal :D

• Brohoof 2

Obviously. We never even saw proof that ponies go to the bathroom until halfway through season 2, and thusfar have never seen proof since.

How many time we saw a cartoon character going to the bathroom anyway?  :huh:

I doubt anyone ever will make a fan-fiction featuring Equestrian sewage treatment.

Challenge accepted. "Wayne the Water-treatment Worker" will be a smash hit.

As to the question at hand, I would say no. Not by our standards at least. For starters, they're covered in hair. Even if they wash themselves regularly, hair still collects a lot of dirt. You will know the magical dirt collecting properties of full-body hair if you've ever washed a dog. Then there's the fact that they pick up a lot of things with their mouth. There's a reason we don't do that, it's 'cause it spreads shit around. I would also like to point out the fact that I did not see Pinkie or AJ wash up before beginning to bake in S1E4.

Now, I will say that their immune system's probably a little more robust than ours, so their hygenic shortcomings would be effectively nullified.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

img-2793194-1-Owlowiscious_taking_a_bath

S1E24 Owl's Well That Ends Well

img-2793194-2-Pinkie_Pie_waiting_at_the_

S2E14 The Last Roundup

I'd add Filli Vanilli, Feeling Pinkie Keen and Three's a Crowd:

140630110950578439.png

140630110720754379.png

140630111021944301.png

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

They're ultra hygienic

Their pee is like applejuice and their poo is like milk chocolate. Maybe i'll write a fanfic about that. And it would contain humans :yay:

Edited by Gary S.

You're asking "Are Ponies hygenic from a human's standpoint?". Probably not. But from a Pony's standpoint, most likely yes. They've had to adapt enough to live in a cartoon world. And think about REAL horses, are they Hygenic? Human POV: No. Horse POV: Yes.

It's Equestria.  There's no such thing as germs there.  Come to think of it, that means that the answer to all the hypothetical threads about what would happen if the ponies were transported to our world is that they would die instantly when exposed to our germs a la War of the Worlds.

• Brohoof 2

Obviously. We never even saw proof that ponies go to the bathroom until halfway through season 2, and thusfar have never seen proof since.

And exactly how much proof do you need?

I really don't think we need to see them have to use the bathroom again. Lol. Although it was funny in that episode, it's insignificant and irrelevant to the show's points. People really take this show too seriously.