Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Shame this thread isn't more active. This thread was probably cool af back in the day. Hopefully G5 will bring more Metalheads to the forums lol

• Brohoof 2

On 2020-07-28 at 7:53 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Seriously? The latest Testament album has been out for 3 months and there's been no talk about it? 

That was pretty good. I really like Testament and def. gotta check out more of their songs. Maybe I'll check out this album. 

On 2021-06-26 at 12:18 PM, Clawdeen said:

Pretty great song def. was bopping my head hard. I love Jinjer. Macro/Micro are my jam. 

Gonna check this album out soon. 

I will say I did find her Britney Spears-esque vocals in this track to be a little stale in the beginning. But yea def. turned around. Even if the breakdown at the end was a little simple sounding for a band like Jinjer. 

On 2021-07-15 at 5:11 PM, Clawdeen said:

Shame this thread isn't more active. This thread was probably cool af back in the day. Hopefully G5 will bring more Metalheads to the forums lol

Yea, it's cuz no one like listening to each other's songs. Just posting songs. One of the reasons why I stopped posting pretty much. 

On 2021-07-17 at 3:33 AM, Lunaholic said:

Nocturnal Rites - Never Ending

Sounded alright. The vocal style isn't really my thing. 

38 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

New Iron Maiden is out and we're not talking about it why? 

Damn. Dickinson, imo, is showing his age with his vocals. Never been the biggest Iron Maiden fan but yea that was song was kinda boring. 

----------------------------------

Throwback song. Double kick pedal work is fantastic in this track from the 70's

And a newer track. Really loved this band's work so far. Can't wait to hear what more they have to offer. 

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

This is actually very good! I didn't even know IM is still around

1 hour ago, RarityEQG said:

Don't know if anyone seen this, but just in case.

Great song. I don't know them but I'll check out their other songs

• Brohoof 3

On 2021-07-23 at 4:17 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Already preordered the album. 

Sick cover as well. 

E6xHnXiXMAEntN1?format=jpg&name=large

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-23 at 5:02 PM, Miss said:

That was pretty good. I really like Testament and def. gotta check out more of their songs. Maybe I'll check out this album. 

Pretty great song def. was bopping my head hard. I love Jinjer. Macro/Micro are my jam. 

Gonna check this album out soon. 

I will say I did find her Britney Spears-esque vocals in this track to be a little stale in the beginning. But yea def. turned around. Even if the breakdown at the end was a little simple sounding for a band like Jinjer. 

Yea, it's cuz no one like listening to each other's songs. Just posting songs. One of the reasons why I stopped posting pretty much. 

Sounded alright. The vocal style isn't really my thing. 

Damn. Dickinson, imo, is showing his age with his vocals. Never been the biggest Iron Maiden fan but yea that was song was kinda boring. 

----------------------------------

Throwback song. Double kick pedal work is fantastic in this track from the 70's

It’s a shame since I’m always up for new metal to listen to. Like always. 

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, RarityEQG said:

This song deserves more listens, because the lyrics speak to Me, like Slipknot song called - Diluted a something that I can feel, those lyrics mostly and the dark past.

Not bad. Def. was banging my head

but didn't like the way the chorus sounded 

• Brohoof 2

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all of the passing of Metal Church frontman Mike Howe at the age of 55. Metal Church were a staple of 80s speed metal, bridging that gap between Judas Priest and Metallica, with their first three albums hailed as classics as well as their last two albums following their reunion being hailed as returns to form. I'm grateful to have had the chance to see Howe and Metal Church live back in 2016 as part of Megadeth's last arena tour. We all gave them a standing ovation after their set. After all those years, they didn't lose a step. 

Rest in Power, Mike. May your legacy live on. 

See the source image

5 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all of the passing of Metal Church frontman Mike Howe at the age of 55. Metal Church were a staple of 80s speed metal, bridging that gap between Judas Priest and Metallica, with their first three albums hailed as classics as well as their last two albums following their reunion being hailed as returns to form. I'm grateful to have had the chance to see Howe and Metal Church live back in 2016 as part of Megadeth's last arena tour. We all gave them a standing ovation after their set. After all those years, they didn't lose a step. 

Rest in Power, Mike. May your legacy live on. 

See the source image

I loved Metal Church and its saddening to hear of his passing. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure yall heard about Joey Jordinson passing away. 

Incredible Drummer. Def. always enjoyed listening and learning to play his Slipknot drum tracks. 

joey.thumb.jpg.eb6319c11b21dee24dc06d1e29d199db.jpg

probably my fav drum track from him (wish I could do double kick pedal that fast and smooth)

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Miss said:

I'm sure yall heard about Joey Jordinson passing away. 

Incredible Drummer. Def. always enjoyed listening and learning to play his Slipknot drum tracks. 

joey.thumb.jpg.eb6319c11b21dee24dc06d1e29d199db.jpg

probably my fav drum track from him (wish I could do double kick pedal that fast and smooth)

And the bad news keeps coming. Sucks that he and the rest of the nine couldn't reconcile. Among his side projects he could've had a promising career as a producer. He helped craft the Road Runner United album that featured a who's who of metal royalty from RR's stacked 00s label. 

Rest in power, Joey. May your legacy live on.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Sucks that he and the rest of the nine couldn't reconcile. Among his side projects he could've had a promising career as a producer.

Totally just reminded me. This is actually my fav track from Joey Jordinson

Got to see them live and it was incredible

I was like the only person who knew the songs. Def. was interested in the band because of Joey but yea fell in love with the track and band. 

Unfortunately, they never released more songs (than like the 5 they had out) and perhaps won't now. Def. makes me feel sad. 

Joey is legendary. 

Edited by Miss
  • Brohoof 4