Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Not the biggest fan of black metal, but been really into this band lately. Abbath is the only guitarist I've ever heard who can make it sound like three guitarists are playing in a band at once, when in fact it's just one.

• Brohoof 1

So we all know what's going down in Ukraine. Everyone around the world has banded together on their behalf. Even the metal community. 

Wanna help and get some Metal swag and music for it? Here's a list of artists offering just that. 

https://www.metalsucks.net/2022/03/08/updated-a-running-list-of-ways-that-metalheads-can-donate-to-ukraine/

Band Offerings

Ukrainian hard rockers Jinjer are selling exclusive shirts with 100% of the proceeds going to charities in Ukraine. Check them out here.

Polish death metallers Behemoth are selling rare and limited merch items, with all proceeds going to help the Ukrainian people. Buy them here.

Russian punk rock activists Pussy Riot have partnered with UkraineDAO to sell NFTs, with proceeds going to the war relief. Find the link via the company’s Twitter.

Massachusetts metalcore act The Acacia Strain are selling a limited-edition shirt and hat to aid the Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund. You can purchase them here.

Japanese drummer and songwriter Yoshiki of visual kei act X Japan is raising money for the war effort. Find more info via his Twitter.

Dutch horror metallers Carach Angren have released a shirt with all proceeds being donated directly to UNICEF. Check that out here.

Prosthetic Records have released a label sampler and a series of rare test-pressings, with all proceeds going to UNICEF.

Polish metallers Decapitated will play a benefit concert in Krakow on March 13th, admission to which will be via a donation to Ukrainian relief. Here’s the event’s Facebook page. Meanwhile, guitarist Vogg has set up a PayPal for donations to help him with supplies at the border of Ukraine and Poland, at krkteam2022@gmail.com.

Finnish folk metallers Ensiferum will be donating all proceeds from their new album Thelassic and the T-shirt from it to UNICEF. Find out more in their Instagram stories.

Dutch symphonic metal act Epica are giving all proceeds from their merch store to Stichting Vluchteling until March 13th. You can buy their merch here.

Finnish melodeath act Insomnium are selling a shirt with all proceeds going to UNICEF. Find out more here.

Irish thrashers Gama Bomb have released a T-shirt that benefits UNICEF’s Ukraine Crisis Fund. It can be purchased here.

Swiss experimental black metallers Zeal & Ardor will perform at a charity festival in Pratteln, Switzerland, that will benefit Ukrainian relief. You can find out more about the event at their Instagram.

Serge Streltsov of Ukrainian death metallers Selfgod is selling rare and signed items from his personal collection to help refugees in Poland.. They can be purchased here.

Former Tribulation guitarist Jonathan Hulten is selling his new single “Dance of the Water Spirits,” with proceeds going to the International Committee of the Red Cross. It can be purchased at his Bandcamp.

Bandcamp Offerings

The following albums and compilation records are being sold on Bandcamp, with proceeds going to benefit Ukraine.

• Brohoof 2

Listened to Our Endless War by Whitechapel (full album)

and gotta be honest wasn't too big on it. After the first two songs (not including the intro) pretty heard everything imo (those first two songs are incredible). Not too much variability in the album. The songs begin to meld together.

tho psychopathy was pretty great 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing this Swiss metalcore band for the first time when I was 15 and thinking they'd become big some day. 10 years later and their debut single only has 7K views on YouTube so I suppose I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Still think they are a very underrated band though, wanted to share this one purely out of my own nostalgia.

In happier news, The Halo Effect released a new song and it's amazing. One of the signs of a great guitarist is that you can instantly recognise when it is them playing, and anyone familiar with 'the Gothenburg sound' could pinpoint Jesper Strömblad's guitar melodies in this from a mile off. To me this band are everything post-2005 In Flames should've been. Super excited for their debut album.

• 2 weeks later...

2022 good good:

Undeath - It's Time ... To Rise From the Grave (death metal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGvguJu0lNY

Voivod - Synchro Anarchy (prog/thrash)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgY8LNK8H4

Cryptworm - Spewing Mephitic Putridity (death metal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ZGNDv4Alw

Wormrot - Hiss (grindcore/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufC1IrO12A

Edited by Twiliscael
links no work
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

American Metal has not quite been a thing I am into. Only for certain moods, most of the time it feels like it is trying too hard. I prefer non-American music instead.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to give a shoutout to the Italian symphonic/folk/power metal band Black Corsair. This is by far the best symphonic power metal with folk/neoclassical leanings I've heard since classic Rhapsody of Fire (when Turilli, Staropoli, and Lione were still the big three there) and that is saying a LOT!