Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

(I check out some of the songs you all posted here soon :D )

Here's some more lowkey songs by great bands, particularly ones that I really enjoy the drums tracks :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-08-28 at 10:17 PM, Miss said:

(I check out some of the songs you all posted here soon :D )

Here's some more lowkey songs by great bands, particularly ones that I really enjoy the drums tracks :fluttershy:

Yes!!!! So happy to see another Trivium fan on here. I’m so hyped for their new album coming out

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

Yes!!!! So happy to see another Trivium fan on here. I’m so hyped for their new album coming out

Yessss! Trivium is so great! I seen them in concert once and it was ahhh amazing! 

I'm assuming you already heard their new song but it's soooooo good think I'll post it for others who haven't 

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Miss said:

Yessss! Trivium is so great! I seen them in concert once and it was ahhh amazing! 

I'm assuming you already heard their new song but it's soooooo good think I'll post it for others who haven't 

Yes and I love it! I’m loving Feast of Fire too! So far I’m getting Shogun vibes from this upcoming album and I can’t wait.

Thats so awesome you’ve seen them live! I’ve been wanting to see them for a long time, never come my way though,

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Yes and I love it! I’m loving Feast of Fire too! So far I’m getting Shogun vibes from this upcoming album and I can’t wait.

Thats so awesome you’ve seen them live! I’ve been wanting to see them for a long time, never come my way though,

Hmmm I hadn't heard that one yet. Gotta honest wasn't liking it that much jaja

And yea I live in Chicago so they will likely always come through here

Edited by Miss
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Miss said:

Hmmm I hadn't heard that one yet. Gotta honest wasn't liking it that much jaja

And yea I live in Chicago so they will likely always come through here

Unfortunately I live in a small town so I gotta drive about 2/3 hours to one of the bigger cities to see any bands and that’s if they actually come to that city.

• Brohoof 2

Hey, you guys like power metal? Of course you do. 

Well, Unleash the Archers were supposed to be doing a US tour this month. Unfortunately they're quarantining, so they've had to cancel a few dates. Meaning that supporting acts Seven Kingdoms and Aether Realm are now stuck with no income to get around. Enter Lords of the Trident, who have offered to run a live stream event for them to help get donations and make up the difference. They'll be playing this Friday at 7:30pm CST. I can personally attest to both Lords of the Trident and Seven Kingdoms. Saw them last weekend and they killed it live. So don your battlevests and get ready to make Rarity proud.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey, you guys like power metal? Of course you do. 

Well, Unleash the Archers were supposed to be doing a US tour this month. Unfortunately they're quarantining, so they've had to cancel a few dates. Meaning that supporting acts Seven Kingdoms and Aether Realm are now stuck with no income to get around. Enter Lords of the Trident, who have offered to run a live stream event for them to help get donations and make up the difference. They'll be playing this Friday at 7:30pm CST. I can personally attest to both Lords of the Trident and Seven Kingdoms. Saw them last weekend and they killed it live. So don your battlevests and get ready to make Rarity proud.

I’ll definitely have to watch the livestream! 

On 2021-07-29 at 11:40 AM, Sonic Shimmer said:

Anyone listen to Band-Maid here? They've built up quite a big fanbase in the UK but I don't know if they're popular in America.

Always seen peeps talken bout this band decided to check it out. It sounds pretty great! Tho I will say it sounded like an anime opening.....turns out it is an anime opening jaja

But either way it was really great! Really loved the guitar in this song. Imma def. check out more of their stuff! Tbh tho don't care much for the maid aesthetic XD

On 2021-07-29 at 12:54 PM, Clawdeen said:

I love Band-Maid! Freezer is one of my favorite songs. (Can’t find an upload on YouTube of it. Just poor quality live it’s) Aldious’s older stuff is pretty awesome too if you like Bandmaid.

Not bad. Guitar solo was good

maybe I'll check out more from them in the future

On 2021-08-26 at 6:32 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

And the new Sabaton has finally dropped!

Interesting enough, I've never heard a sabaton song (well actually maybe I've heard like or two and forgot about it) so was excited to check this out, but like most music videos there's alot of other audio and openings and closings, which is why I don't really care for music videos. Couldn't find a version where there wasn't any of those other sounds. bleh

Guess I'll wait for a non-video release

Edited by Miss
  • Brohoof 1

No idea if these are repeats or not, but I'm not scrolling through 436 pages to check so here are some recent favourites:

I've been into metal since I was about 10, and have seen quite a few bands live over the years (was lucky enough to see Alexi live with CoB in 2013 before he died - RIP!). I've managed to get @ridaranka a bit deeper into the world of metal too - in my eyes, any girl who can handle the vocals of Arch Enemy, let alone actually enjoy them, is a keeper. :D

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not a follower of metal by extension of not being a follower of music other than videogame music in general. Still, I occasionally stumble on gems, and in that regard, Metal is my favorite. I appreciate the internet making situation funnier thanks to Metal :mlp_icwudt:

• 4 weeks later...

Listened to "In the Court of the Dragon" and hell yes! This album is amazing! 

The drums are absolutely monster, the progression is great, and lyrics too. There are times where some vocal decisions I found to be dull but other than that seriously wow. Also some of the songs I heard before grew on me. 

Literally one of my favorite Trivium songs now: 

The shortest song on the album also end up being on of my favs: 

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Miss said:

Listened to "In the Court of the Dragon" and hell yes! This album is amazing! 

The drums are absolutely monster, the progression is great, and lyrics too. There are times where some vocal decisions I found to be dull but other than that seriously wow. Also some of the songs I heard before grew on me. 

Literally one of my favorite Trivium songs now: 

The shortest song on the album also end up being on of my favs: 

I agree! It’s definitely an awesome album! Not only that but the album cover itself is really cool. 

I really like this song off of it

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dunno if there are any In Flames fans here, but this band are comprised entirely of ex-IF members and are in my opinion what the band always should've been before they fully embraced their "new sound". They've only got two tracks released so far (here's the better one of the two imo), but they make me pretty excited for the forthcoming debut.

• Brohoof 1