Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could erase all MLP knowledge and re-watch the show, would you?

Azureth

Would you erase your memory to watch MLP fresh again?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. Would you erase your memory to watch MLP fresh again?

• Yes.
    • No.

As the topic says, would you like to be able to erase your memory of MLP so you could watch it fresh again? Sometimes I do, I have re-watched S1, 2 and 3 so much I wish I could watch them with a blank slate again.

(edited)

That's a tricky question.

I think I wouldn't, MLP is a big part of my life, rewatching everything would take a lot of time (I have other things to do :x), and that would also mean I'd forget everything about the MLP forums and the members, and I'd hate that.

Plus, I'm not that nostalgic.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

While I agree that the first time watching each episode was amazing, and that I would love to experience that feeling of newness again, I couldn't happily erase my memory of mlp to watch it again. It's had such a big impact on me and I've made so many memories through watching the episodes, chatting on the forums and going on epic RP adventures that I couldn't bear to erase my memory. A very good question by the way!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3
  • Brohoof 1

Nah.  MLP has become an inextricable part of who I am.  It would be tantamount to erasing my knowledge of H.P. Lovecraft stories and / or J.S. Bach compositions.  Besides: I'd potentially be erasing my love for Rainbow Dash in the process, and I'd never agree to something like that.

The first episode I watched which I remember was Canterlot Wedding, I would have liked to first experience MLP:FIM from the first episode.

I wouldn't want to erase my memory of MLP. For me, my love for the show grows as my knowledge of it grows, so I love rewatching episodes over and over again. I often notice details I missed, even after the 7th or 8th time I've rewatched a particular episode. It's one of the very few shows for which I truly enjoy doing that.

• Brohoof 1

All knowledge of MLP? Definitely not. :P As nice as it would probably be to re-watch the show "fresh", I'd also be forgetting about the forums and all the wonderful friends I've made here. I wouldn't want to lose that! :)
  • Brohoof 1

No way... I couldn't.  Besides, even though the feelings I got watching it through the first time were stronger than now, I still am not burnt out, and likely won't ever be.  

(edited)

Never would I even consider that. I mean, yeah it's nice to come back with a fresh mindset, but it's also great to have a matured mindset as well. I mean, I had to let some episodes simmer before they became ones I ultimately enjoyed (Crystal Empire, for one) and have the perspective of multiple viewings isn't something to just be thrown away.

Plus I have enough mental time and effort invested to consider it too valuable to lose. I mean, I have my own team of OC ponies, backstories, villains, places, etc., I wouldn't want to lose that.

I mean, love these guys.

Edited by PathfinderCS

Great question! Hmmm....you know I don't think so. The experience I've had watching ALL 91 EPISODES (I can't believe I've watched that much in such a short time) has been great and I wouldn't trade it. Come to think of it, there really aren't any series I think I'd do that with. I have so many fond memories of this and other shows, so I just don't think if want to lose any of that

Nope. I hate feeling out of the loop. Just getting into something, especially this big, I feel like I need to spend hours a day looking through content to catch up, and actually feel like I'm a part of the fandom who knows all about it. I'm glad I've gotten there since then x)

Interesting question. Usually, for questions like these, i'd say no. This time i'll say a healthy yes. I miss the feeling of nostalgia watching the lazy moments of S1 and S2, wondering why i like this show so much. Those were my favorites.

Absolutely not. 

I am who i am because of my exact experience with MLP,forgetting everything could drastically change who i am even if i ended up liking the show again(which who knows if i would). 

Imean my name could be Twilight Sparkle-Pills on here instead and let me tell you,i like the sound of Pinkamena-Pills better buddy. 

• Brohoof 1

Nope, it was a coincidence that wouldn't necessarily happen again. Besides it would mean that I would forget the experience that followed.

Mine was also a coincidence!  I mean, holy cow it all boils down to this:

I would never have become a brony if my friend (whom I met in college) did not ironically (because he's not a brony) say "ponies" as an interjection to mean "what's up?" on skype.  What is laughable is that once I told him that I looked up MLP because of him, he never says "ponies" anymore on skype. LOL.  So I annoy him by sending him pony links sometimes, bahaha.  

• Brohoof 1

No, (and i realized i read the quesiton sort of wrong but ill post this anyways). While I have had fun being a brony and have enjoyed taking part in this fandom, it has negatively effected my personal life as well. I'm not saying i regret being a brony or am no longer a fan of mlp, but if I could stop myself from being a part of it, I would.