Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Is this the most poorly animated cartoon ever?

Wingnut

I found this little gem on a friend's Deviantart page today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFnLirXjjto#t=22

How little animation can a cartoon have and still be called animation? :o Clutch Cargo, which made its debut in 1959, seems to be an attempt to answer that question. The most distinctive feature in this clip is the superimposition of live human mouths over animation cells. This technique is described briefly in the cartoon's Wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_Cargo

Special thanks to @PittyPaws for finding fascinating piece of animation history. :)

• Brohoof 6

Man thats terrible XD I thought it was fake or a spoof at first :lol:

I won't lie anymore.This is the most majestuous piece od animation of the histoty of animation.

It's so perfect....The mouths are soo perfect...They were drew with soo many detail,that they seem real,and we don't see that level of animation nowadays.

11/10.Would watch again.

• Brohoof 7

"Out of the way, everybody!  Even though...  None of us can f*****g move most of the time.  Or have any running animations.  Quick!  Move your lips rapidly!  This will surely save us!!"

I loved that thing lol - thank you.  Swampy = best character EVER.  Honestly surprised they didn't put a human mouth onto the dog.

(edited)

Honestly, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as you guys say it does, IMO. I mean yeah, the mouths are weird, but I liked the style there were going for. Kinda reminded me of an old comic.

Really, as much as I loved Dexter's Laboratory, I believe that had worse animation in parts.

Edited by PathfinderCS

(edited)

You haven't seen poorly animated until you've seen Mell-O-Toons animation. Looks like a child drew them and there's almost no movement whatsoever. At least the video in the opening post had some semblance of proper proportions and details. :lol:

There's also the Dalmations 3 cartoon. Pretty bad stuff.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1