Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mrs. Cheerilee perfect choice?

Old Fluttershy

During Hearts and Hooves Day the CMC say that Big Macintosh is "the perfect one" for Mrs. Cheerilee their teacher. Do you believe that Big Mac is the best choice for Mrs. Cheerilee or is their somepony else that would be better?

Yes and i think they may match them in canon

WHY?

At comicon they made it clear that Applejack parents are dead and trying to made it into an episode.

I think that Big Mac would look for a pony who is good with children and more talkative than he is. This comes from the fact that he wish to support Applejack in raising Applebloom and Cheerilee is already in good terms with her. She would act like a perfect aunt/mother and a moral compass along with Applejack.

(edited)

I think Big Mac is adorable, but I don't know that he is perfect for Cheerilee. I mean, the CMCs picked Big Mac to be Cheerilee's date in the first place simply because he seemed to be the least defective of the single stallions, not because of any true personal compatibility between the two. :P The only reason Cheerilee and Big Mac got along in the first place was because they were drugged, essentially. When they weren't under the influence of the love poison, they were awkward and didn't really feel any chemistry. And I think that was the whole point of the episode: that you can't force love onto two ponies that just aren't feeling it.

I personally see Cheerilee with someone a bit more well-spoken and professional, I think. Maybe another teacher, a doctor, a librarian... someone like that. But maybe that's just me!

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure if they're completely perfect for each other, but they seem to be on good terms.

And those terms seem to be good enough for them to pretend to still be under the Love Potion's effects.

I dunno, I still have a thing for Fleetfoot & Big Mac considering how she fell head over heels for Big Mac in the comic. XD

"At Comicon they made it clear that AJ's parents are dead and they want to make an episode on it" yes, they want to. but let's face it, Hasbro won't allow it.

I think some pony might be bothering her over it which is why when Sweets brought it up, she was annoyed.

I always thought of her reaction as 'Just rub it in why don't you? All the kids think I'm great so what are the guys not seeing?' :lol: 

Thats just my interpretation though of course :)

It is an interesting one. I always thought it was more like, "What are you, my mother?" if she is tired of hearing about it. Makes sense if she is a little older than the mane six like Big Mac's age.

It is an interesting one. I always thought it was more like, "What are you, my mother?" if she is tired of hearing about it. Makes sense if she is a little older than the mane six like Big Mac's age.

Amazing how much a simple moment can be analysed /interpreted in different ways :lol: I like that interpretation actually, definitely makes sense :)

(edited)

"At Comicon they made it clear that AJ's parents are dead and they want to make an episode on it" yes, they want to. but let's face it, Hasbro won't allow it.

I never thought in a million years they would ever green light something like the fight between Twilight and Tirek in the season 4 finale but they did so after that aired without much controversy it does make something like that still a long shot but a bit more likely.

I don't know if Big Mac and Cheerlie woudl be a good match because we don't have enough info, but it is possible. I could kind of see Big Mac with Fluttershy or Twilight actually.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Amazing how much a simple moment can be analysed /interpreted in different ways :lol: I like that interpretation actually, definitely makes sense :)

That's just what I see. It certainly makes sense if her mother is whining about grandchildren and she can't do much but be annoyed when the foals remind her of it. She can't exactly say anything to them about it but act like she does not mind and to turn the feeling into something good like being happy about the appreciation of the class. Of course we can not assume definitively that Cheerilee does not want a romantic partner or is putting that off for a later time. It is hard to guess. Some say that Rarity is the oldest of the mane six and Cheerilee might be as old as her. If she and Rarity are as old as Big Mac then that might be why the fillies see him as a good match.

They're both around the same age, they've both been so focused on their profession that they haven't taken the time to indulge in things like love life, they both respect what the other does, and indeed, both professions are cornerstones of Ponyville, and they also both seem to be on good terms. Their relationship as it stands currently, is not a romantic one, but they seem to be really good friends, and that's as good a start as any. I'm not the one to ask about romance, so I'm not going to go as far as to definitively say they're "perfect for one another", but they do have chemistry, and it would be believable if they did hook up. I'm kind of glad the show keeps romantic sub-plots at an arm's length though. That sort of thing has been done to death in other series.

I don't know if they're perfect for each other, but there may be some feelings there. We have seen a non-drugged Cheerilee swoon and faint at the very sight and sound of Big Mac at the Ponytones show. This was just a silly comic moment in a single episode (and possible fan service as a lot of fans started shipping Macilee after Hearts and Hooves Day), but it's canon now.

"Do you think Mom and Dad would be proud AJ?"

"I reckon they would never have been more proud in their lives. Now get your flank out there before you miss you big day."

That is how Hasbro would allow it. And the quote ... was they ... they implying Hasbro ... is interested ... but not sure how to approach it. I just handed you the best way to do it.

And to the OP ... yes Big Mac and Cheerilee would make a great cannon shipping.

They're both around the same age, they've both been so focused on their profession that they haven't taken the time to indulge in things like love life, they both respect what the other does, and indeed, both professions are cornerstones of Ponyville, and they also both seem to be on good terms. Their relationship as it stands currently, is not a romantic one, but they seem to be really good friends, and that's as good a start as any. I'm not the one to ask about romance, so I'm not going to go as far as to definitively say they're "perfect for one another", but they do have chemistry, and it would be believable if they did hook up. I'm kind of glad the show keeps romantic sub-plots at an arm's length though. That sort of thing has been done to death in other series.

Its like most of the fanbase seem to be convinced that "Friendzone for life" exist and its not possible to evolve friendship into something more. Am i the only one who think that the more 2 people are friends with each other the more stable romantic relationship they would form in the future? Yet spontaneous romantic relationships before forming friendship like in FlashLight case seem to be more canon than Cheerimac

I always thought of her reaction as 'Just rub it in why don't you? All the kids think I'm great so what are the guys not seeing?' :lol:

For the longest time I've thought her reaction meant "The parents asking, and now the kids. Sheesh, give me a break."

Considering we're trying to establish a treatsie out of a cotton-pickin' eyeroll I'd say any direction chosen on this is flimsy at best.

• Brohoof 1

Its like most of the fanbase seem to be convinced that "Friendzone for life" exist and its not possible to evolve friendship into something more. Am i the only one who think that the more 2 people are friends with each other the more stable romantic relationship they would form in the future? Yet spontaneous romantic relationships before forming friendship like in FlashLight case seem to be more canon than Cheerimac

I didn't mean to imply that I think their relationship is stuck in the friend-zone forever. On the contrary, like you, I think it can be the start of something more. I was just pointing out that, as it currently stands, their relationship is not yet romantic.
  • Brohoof 1