Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc World War II: Battle of the Bulge

Wardaddy

(edited)

No, I'm still pondering the idea of combining the two fronts. It would be convenient, yes, but also very confusing. You'll have one guy saying he's fighting in Stalingrad, and another at Guadalcanal, so I'd rather put this down to a vote. The vote will decide which theater of war we'll fight in, which front and which armies should be involved. There should be no more than two armies allowed at a time, and all the belligerents shall be included. 

What do you think guys? Should we call a vote?

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

(edited)

Well, it seems the majority has spoken! In that case, I will begin rewriting the thread, but before I do, we must choose a battle. For this, I'm going to roll out a vote. 

Normandy

Battle of the Bulge 

Italy (Anzio or other)

Operation Torch

Germany 1945

Falaise 1944

Operation Market Garden

Vote now!

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

I don't know whether you meant that as a compliment or criticism, but in case of the latter, what else can I do? The US was involved in numerous conflicts in Europe during the war. I had to zero it down to one somehow.

I don't know whether you meant that as a compliment or criticism, but in case of the latter, what else can I do? The US was involved in numerous conflicts in Europe during the war. I had to zero it down to one somehow.

Oh comparing this USMCBrony141's RPs is a huugge compliment. And do you think I could change my character a bit?

Oh comparing this USMCBrony141's RPs is a huugge compliment. And do you think I could change my character a bit?

Well, thank you! My interest in the war is among the highest on this forum, and yeah, you can modify your character profile. In fact, everybody else here will need to change theirs as well.

No, but I have played Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway. That's as close as I'll ever get to the bridges of Nijmegen and Arnhem and that other one I forget. There's also a PC game I've played called Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, where one American mission is to secure Nijmegen.

Here's my new RP character

Name: Jacob Griffen

Apperance: brown hair. Stubble. Brown eyes.

Personality: Loyal to his fellow soldiers. Fearless.

Uniform: Standard US Army uniform. US army trench coat. M1 helmet. 'Shoepack' combat boots.

Edited by Lighting Bell

Well, I live in Nijmegen. It's so funny how Americans say it. I heard James Hetfield say it once. 

On the contrary, I've not heard how they pronounce it. Do they say something along the lines of Nij-megen or do they leave out the J?

I'm gonna go with the Bulge. I'm curious as to why you say we need a character alteration @.

Well, in your case, all you've to do is change the place where you're fighting, because otherwise you're fine. For now, things look like we'll be fighting in the Ardennes, the only difference being my character will be German.

Well, James said it more like Nigh-Megan

So they don't pronounce the last E in the word Nijmegen? Heh, it's like how they say Ireland. They say it like "Irel-and" rather than "Ire-land" as we do over here.

So they don't pronounce the last E in the word Nijmegen? Heh, it's like how they say Ireland. They say it like "Irel-and" rather than "Ire-land" as we do over here.

They say it here:

Scanning the scene in Nijmegen tonight.

I'll take your word for it  ^_^

Ok, so far the Battle of the Bulge leads the running, however I'm not going to set it in stone just yet. I'm going to wait until everypony has cast their votes and only then will I make a decision. Thanks to all for restarting this RP, I was beginning to think fighting the war was an unfeasible prospect in the world of roleplaying.

Actually i think i am going to change my character too.

Name: Heinz Lindemann
Apperance: Blond hair with a small ponytail on the lower back
Personality: Fights for his country, not for Hitler. Does what he thinks is good.
Uniform: Something standard i guess.