Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc World War II: Battle of the Bulge

Wardaddy

This is a tough decision....but since I can't be my soviet sniper (will update bio soon) I will vote ze Battle of the Bulge

Once everyone has signed in their new OCs, I will start the RP as soon as I can. As I type, I'm preparing to go to bed, so I can't do it now. For the time being, everyone needs to write up a fresh character sheet if they wish to join. 

I made mine

Here's my new RP character

Name: Jacob Griffen

Apperance: brown hair. Stubble. Brown eyes.

Personality: Loyal to his fellow soldiers. Fearless.

Uniform: Standard US Army uniform. US army trench coat. M1 helmet. 'Shoepack' combat boots.

Here it is. Tell me if I'm missing something on him. Edited by Lighting Bell

So... do I need to re-submit a character?

No, but you do need to edit your character's backstory to fit with the canon. It's up to you on what part of the war you choose to be in before the battle, but you need to have your character on the Western Front by the time the Germans begin assembling their forces. I assume there's no problem with that?

(edited)

As part of the armoured division pushing into the heart of Russia, he has helped his men and their tanks to survive the severe Russian weather. But as winter approaches his skills will surely be put to the test.

You need to edit that part so he joins the divisions on the Western Front ahead of the battle. As I said before, I trust there should be no problems with that?

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

No, but you do need to edit your character's backstory to fit with the canon. It's up to you on what part of the war you choose to be in before the battle, but you need to have your character on the Western Front by the time the Germans begin assembling their forces. I assume there's no problem with that?

Hey FireBolt do you have to have a backstory? Cuz I'm trying to think of a backstory for my guy and can't think of any ideas.

Hey FireBolt do you have to have a backstory? Cuz I'm trying to think of a backstory for my guy and can't think of any ideas.

No no no it's completely optional. You could just say your character has a past he doesn't like to talk about. 

Alright here's my character finished

Name: Jacob Griffin

Appearance: Brown hair, stubble, brown eyes

Primary Weapon: M1 Garand

Side Arm: Colt M1911

Personality: Battle hardened. Will give you the time of day. Loyal to his fellow soldiers

Uniform: Standard US Army uniform. US army trench coat. M1 helmet. 'Shoepack' combat boots.

Backstory: Jacob landed and fought at Normandy. His experience there is what hardened him into the soldier he is know. At Normandy while fighting to capture a German occupied village he was wounded. When his wound healed he was put back into the Army's ranks. And it was just in time for him to fight in the Bulge.

Edited by Lighting Bell

Made some minor backstory alterations to be contemporary:

Name&Rank: 1st Lt. Will Fouquets (pronounced foo-k)
Primary Weapon: Springfield M1903A4
Sidearm: Colt M1911A1
Uniform: 75th Army Ranger uniform, wears a crimson sash around his waist.
Personality: Focused and disciplined, Will is predisposed to being a lone wolf, rarely traveling with 
more than one other person acting as his spotter. This is not due to a lack of amiability though. While at 
first quiet around those he doesn't know, Will can be rather boisterous when with his friends.
Backstory: Born in 1919 in the town of Liberty, Virginia, Will joined the United States Army at the age of 
21 after graduating from college. While in training he received several commendations for his skill with a 
rifle, prompting him to apply for advanced training. In 1941 he graduated from Scout Sniper school and 
joined the 1st Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment. He has served in multiple conflicts, the latest of 
which was the Battle of Cisterna, among only 6 out of 760 who survived the attack. He has recently 
returned to action from recovery leave.

Name: Clancy Orlov

Affiliation745th Tank Battalion

Primary: M36 Tank Destroyer

Secondary: Thompson Sub Machine Gun

Uniform: Standard US Tanker Uniform

Personality: Natural commander, take charge attitude for his crew. Since he drives a low armor vehicle, Clancy is patient and loves ambush tactics.

Backstory: Born in Montana in 1922, Clancy was raised in Russian family until he was 18. He joined the army and became a tank commander. During the fight in France, he served in a Sherman and got several kills. However, his tank was destroyed in a duel with a Tiger, but suffered no causalities. Since then he was moved to a tank destroyer when the M36 was brought to France.