Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Guardians of the Galaxy - Thoughts?

The Pony Pianist

I just saw this today and could definitely feel the Avengers chemistry throughout. Gunn did an amazing job at connecting these characters together and getting the execution down within two hours compared to all of the hours leading up to The Avengers.

It's a fantastic movie, and while I did like the Winter Soldier better, it is definitely one of the best superhero movies in a very long time. The music surprisingly worked well, sympathetic and great protagonists, and tons of world building. Only downside was generic villain.

And I was dying at the Howard the Duck thing at the end, and the whole 'I do not get metaphors' running gag. Raccoon and Groot were handled well, and I quite possibly like Star Lord / Peter Quill better than Tony Stark. Actually, I want Peter and Tony to have a sass off one of these days.

If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. It's fantastic.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

And I was dying at the Howard the Duck thing at the end, and the whole 'I do not get metaphors' running gag.

The Howard the Duck reference went over my head ("Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast!") until someone explained it too me.

I loved the literal Drax, but there were some points I think they could've milked that more. For example, when one of the characters mentions Drax "single-handedly" trying to take down Ronan, I was waiting for Drax to respond: "No, I used two hands." :lol:

Actually, I want Peter and Tony to have a sass off one of these days.

Peter Quill reminds me of the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler characters in Star Wars the Old Republic who much like him and Tony Stark are huge smartasses which makes him my 2nd favorite character.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't seen it, for it has not been premiered in my country yet. It will be premiered here in two days, but I don't careless of seeing premieres, specially of the high amount of people making me uncomfortable. Anyways, I'm planning in seeing it in a week or two, Cap Winter Soldier was a kickass movie, and I expect this one to be as great. 

Although, to be honest, the main reason I care about Marvel Cinematic Universe is because of their tie-ins content in Marvel Avengers Alliance  :yay:

Just watched with a fellow friend of mine, and it was a huge plus we didn't sat in the middle because we laughed so much. I didn't have many expectation when I first went into see it (seen with the procrastination right before the film) because the trailer seemed simple and boring to me, but after the 30 minutes into the movie, I was laughing so hard. I didn't think I've ever laughed that much to a Marvel film, and I've only very few, but Guardians of the Galaxy is my current personal favorite.

+ The music was perfect and just fitted to the moments!

Edited by HeiressofArendelle

I've been waiting for this flick

to come out for a year and

its sooo worth going.   The humor

is sharp and the action nuff to make

you happy,  Rocket steals a lot

of moments just being the smart

ass.  Grout,  man i loved the

walking tree and and i loved

the rest of em.  Go see it!

I saw it with some friends last night, and I can definitely say that I enjoyed this movie. It had a decent blend of humor, and action. One of my favorite things about this film was the characters. The main characters were perfect, in my opinion. Some of them were a little different than I expected, such as Starlord and Gamora. I was expecting Gamora to be more "badass" since she was one of the universe's best assassins supposedly. Yet she kept failing her missions time and time again. On the other hand, I was expecting Starlord to be a petty thief, yet it turns out that he was the badass one in the end. 

One of the only probems I had with the movie was when Gamora, and Quill were in space. Wouldn't that have killed Quill since he was at least half human? Oh well, who cares. It was a decent enough movie where I can overlook a flaw or two. I really hope this movie has a sequel. I'd love to see more of Rocket Raccoon, and Groot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I loved it. 

To my personal opinion, it is better than The Avengers. 

I loved everything about it. 

The soundtrack brought so much memories of when I was younger. 

I HOPE the sequel to it will be just as good. I hope. 

• Brohoof 1

I had a lot of fun with this movie. Feels like it's been a while since I had a dose of anything Sci-Fi, so it was a nice breath of fresh air. The characters were entertaining (Rocket and Quill in particular) and it was even better to see all those guys get closer together and become something of a family, in spite of some initial differences ^_^. Visuals were super too, and I thought the music did just fine in establishing the tone of the movie. I'll throw out the common complaint about the villains not being interesting enough, though I had more of a problem with Gamora's sister than Ronan >_>, but I felt the main cast carried the film just fine. I'd love to see some more of these guys :D

It's a fantastic movie, and while I did like the Winter Soldier better, it is definitely one of the best superhero movies in a very long time. The music surprisingly worked well, sympathetic and great protagonists, and tons of world building. Only downside was generic villain.

And I was dying at the Howard the Duck thing at the end, and the whole 'I do not get metaphors' running gag. Raccoon and Groot were handled well, and I quite possibly like Star Lord / Peter Quill better than Tony Stark. Actually, I want Peter and Tony to have a sass off one of these days.

If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. It's fantastic.

If you want to see that interaction sooner rather than later, check out the most recent GotG comics; Iron Man/Tony Stark is part of the group, and his interactions with Star-Lord (and everyone else) are pretty funny.