Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator!

SCS

I submitted my application when this was first announced.

Id be proud to be a moderator of these forums. I would honor the tag and respect of this country(website.) and honor those that live in it.

The few. The proud. The bronies.

:)

Id be proud to be a moderator of these forums. I would honor the tag and respect of this country(website.) and honor those that live in it.

Don't get your hopes up too soon. They have to go through the ones they see fit, and then leave your application for later use. I sure as know that I won't see myself making the spot ever.

Are there applications for other positions within the MLP Forums staff?

This. I'd like to see a little more opportunity and a little less cronyism when it comes to choosing forum staff.

Are there applications for other positions within the MLP Forums staff?

A while ago we were accepting applications for the Q&A team, but we aren't accepting new applicants right now.

If a MLPF staff position is accepting applications, a topic will be posted about it. Keep an eye on Canterlot Castle!

• Brohoof 4

This. I'd like to see a little more opportunity and a little less cronyism when it comes to choosing forum staff.
Not having applications open for other positions doesn't mean we're being cynical, it just means we don't need anybody in that position right now.  

Applications have been used for a long time for many other positions with poniverse... about six or so months back there were applications opened for several public relations positions, a couple months ago there were Q&A positions opened up, and of course mod applications now.  They do happen, but only when we are in need of more people in those role because but we can't open up applications when we have no need in a position.

Just keep an eye out for more announcements about staff applications and you'll see them come up when the need arises.

So how long is this gonna end?
That's not known right now.  Whenever we find enough moderators to fill the current need, applications will be closed.  They could close at any time or be open for a long time, so it's best to just get your application in early if you haven't already. 
  • Brohoof 3

I sent one in. Not sure if my chances are all that great though. Not because I wouldn't be a good moderator, just other reasons. Still, I have had experience doing that before on different sites so I know I could do pretty well. Plus, this is literally the only forum I care about now and I am on here throughout a lot of the day. I guess it depends on what they think. I will just keep my expectations low on it for now since I cannot really know for sure. So there it is.

so... will you be sending messages to those that don't make it informing them of it?

That's what I've been wondering too. Lol.

Everyone who applies will be contacted at some point to inform them whether or not they are going to become a moderator.

• Brohoof 7

So uh... it's been about a little less than a month since I sent my app in and I haven't gotten a reply, do they generally take that long or might I have entered the wrong e-mail? 

• Brohoof 1

So uh... it's been about a little less than a month since I sent my app in and I haven't gotten a reply, do they generally take that long or might I have entered the wrong e-mail?

It generally takes that long. We received a ton of applications and it takes a lot of time to comb through them with the level of rigor necessary to ensure that we bring the right individuals into the moderation team.

• Brohoof 4