Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Do you still buy CDs/DVDs?

FadedSkies

I buy CD's CDs and more CDs...  I really DON'T belong in this era of time >.> .....

There is a used music store where I live and its like my 2nd home. You should see all the CDs I have o.O it makes me feel like I have a gem from the band. Having a physical copy is just awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I still buy dvd's and games... I see not point in buying them off things like iTunes or the game stores on the device.... You only have so much memory on such devices.... AS for music I just download it off iTunes cause I don't wanna have to import it all to my laptop then try to get it on my phone... (still haven't figured that out)

You gotta get physical CDs from your favorite bands, I mean come on now. :o

As for DVDs, well, renting them is how I see movies the vast majority of the time. Haven't bought many lately though save for some MLP ones. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I still buy music CDs, because I just like having them, I like having books with lyrics included to them and most of bands I listen to also has pretty great CD covers. 

About games though... I stick to buying them on steam. Nearest store with computer games is very far so it is obviously better solution than going there just to buy one game lol.

When I have a little bit of cash laying around (which is, unfortunately, an impeccably rare occurrence), absolutely!

I love the feeling of buying a fresh CD from the store, heading home, tearing open that smooth cellophane, then sliding that phat CD into the radio to give that baby a spin. I'm a sucker for bonus material too - I always case through the entire booklet that comes with the disc. Then I prop it up on my shelf and enjoy the view. Same applies for DVDs.

You just don't get that same feeling with digital products. When buying digitally, you purchase the item and it's just there. You watch it then you're done with it. I like having an actual token of sorts to hold onto and be able to feel like I "actually have it".

Edited by Rivendare

not really..i usually get all my music online, same as my games and movies 

i find it riddiciously expensive sometimes to buy a dvd when it's a dvd/blue ray combo pack when i dont even own a blue ray player

as for music i have an iphone so..basicly i get it mostly all off itunes or youtube..i probably have more pony music then popular music lol

Occasionally I'll pick up a DVD/Blu-Ray of a movie I liked, but even when CD's were a thing I hardly ever bought them. Especially now that I can pick and choose songs I like off Itunes rather than buy the whole album for only 1 or 2 good songs.

For movies and TV shows I love enough I buy DVDs (I'm not on Netflix)

I still buy CDs occasionally, but only for converting into MP3s: Vinyl is still the best format, and MP3s are the most useful format. CDs don’t have a place other than being able to be ripped off into MP3s

Edited by Scootaloodle

I know I posted here before, but I forgot if I said that:

I have a freaking boatload of VHS tapes... 

LOL then I remember being tricked into "rewinding" when dvd's first came out.  imeanwut.  lmao. 

Just this past Tuesday I purchased the physical copy of Pentatonix's PTX Vol. III, because I do prefer to have physical copies of everything I purchase digitally, just in case data gets corrupted and all. So, yes, I still do purchase them. There is a such thing as CD Ripping, and I do it all the time. 

• Brohoof 1

Just this past Tuesday I purchased the physical copy of Pentatonix's PTX Vol. III, because I do prefer to have physical copies of everything I purchase digitally, just in case data gets corrupted and all. So, yes, I still do purchase them. There is a such thing as CD Ripping, and I do it all the time. 

PTX

:D

I watched them on the Sing-Off i.e. the tv show that makes them exist. i knew they were going to win.

• Brohoof 2

@@Starflower, @,

I always loved Pentatonix... And well... Avi's insanely amazingly deep voice...

(What?  Surprised this rocker-to-the-core [even though he's a country-boy] has a softer side of music, too?  Heh.  Ikr.  All the wows.  Have them).