Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else prefers the night?

Commander Shep-herd

I prefer the night because it's colder so I can wrap up in more clothes when I go out. Also i love the stars. I always feel uncomfortable when I can't see the stars at night for some reason :P

It maybe because it feels like your staring into a dark void. A starless night is frightening in some way as it seem like your peering into the unknown. @Darker said it himself, the unknown is one of the biggest fears of man as you are unsure what to expect and it can get dangerous. Your curiosity could end up getting you in trouble.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 1

It maybe because it feels like your staring into a dark void. A starless night is frightening in some way as it seem like your peering into the unknown. @Darker said it himself, the unknown is one of the biggest fears of man as you are unsure what to expect and it can get dangerous. Your curiosity could end up getting you in trouble.

You are a glorious wordsmith. You could also be right. I do feel a sense of security when the sky is full of stars so maybe the empty sky makes me feel uncomfortable because what I'm looking at is like you said unknown and I like to know what to expect from things. I dunno :P

I'm unsure if I "prefer" the night over the day.

On one hand, the night is quiet, but this quietness brings a sense of mystery and uneasiness. I'm afraid of the dark in a sense, but that's why I usually have a light on. On the contrary, most people are asleep so activity is more sparse in general.

My favorite time of day would have to be the morning sunrise. It's quiet, but a peaceful, quaint kind a quiet.

The wonders, all those questions that linger in my mind. The infinity of the universe exposed upon us, showing its extreme beauty and making us realize how petty we really are. 

Looking up there, seeing hundres of thousands of millions of stars, planets and such celestial bodies drawn over the sky. 

That's what I love about the night. The feeling of my intrigue, of all the questions inside my mind, my whole being boiling in quiet despair. The sensation of being so small to the point of being an outsider to everything else, but at the same time knowing that wandering in the vastness of the Universe there's a place called Earth, a place where life was able to spread freely. One of many for sure.

That's what the night haves to offer: Another perspective that will not only change the perception of your surroundings, but it will make you question yourself and everything you've and will ever know.

That's why I love the night.

Edited by ShadowBeam
  • Brohoof 1

I've been preferring night a lot more lately. Possibly because I haven't been sleeping all that well. Doesn't help that my mouth pretty much keeps me up most of the night as well, so there's not really much choice for me. >< The pain can be absolutely agonizing sometimes. :(

I was just curious because I think a lot of things are better when it's night. Rain is better. Thunder and lightning are better. The sky is better. Cities look awesome at night as does the countryside and other areas. I find it more peaceful and relaxing. Plus people seem to have a lot more fun at night. So yeah, just wondering if anybody else agrees. 

I used to like the nighttime better but since i've made an effort to get up early I much prefer the morning daylight or the midafternoon sun :)

I love the night and the darkness.  It's the quiet peace knowing that no one is going to bother me.  It's serene.  I naturally fall towards a 2AM to 10AM sleep schedule.

Unfortunately, the world isn't set up that way.  The world is up and at work by 8AM and many jobs don't have multiple shifts.  I'm sorry Luna, but this is the way it is.

Well, i pretty much love the night. Being somewhat Nocturnal(Not literally, but i dont have the right word for it), i always work better at night time for whatever reason, be it homework or writing or playing games, doesnt matter. I also love to open the window and look up at the sky occasionally at night. The stars and sometimes visible moon really calm me down, and i always feel great after watching them along with the dark backrgound... Wow, im starting to sound like a Lunatic. Hah, Hah, get it? Lunatic has Luna in it, and, and Luna is the princess of the night a-And she controls the ni- Alright, i'll shut up now.

• 2 years later...

Definitely, but this is my first time regularly working 1st shift so I want enjoy it now. I love staying up late when nobody can judge me 8)

I used to have a kind of gaming addiction so in actually proud of myself for having a bed time