Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is so wrong with New born cuties/3.5?

Everleaf

Do you want to know how "young" the target audience was? Newborns; Newborn Cuties was aired on a Newborn channel.

Yep exactly it's pretty much the (Newborn) version of G3...

Do you want to know how "young" the target audience was? Newborns; Newborn Cuties was aired on a Newborn channel.
I don't see this as an excuse for the show's laziness.  I've seen shows aimed at that audience that still put a little bit of effort into it if for no other reason than to save the sanity of the parents watching the show with their kids.  If a company isn't willing to put in the effort it takes to make a quality show, they shouldn't be making the show.
  • Brohoof 3

That's no excuse for NC's extreme laziness. You can have shows with a base demographic as young as this and still succeed in attracting multiple audiences. Look at Sesame Street, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, FIM, and the last two seasons of Thomas & Friends. All shows with demographics as young as Newborn Cuties, but executed their work SO much better.

Like what @@Simon says ;), if Hasbro won't put effort into their show, then why bother making it at all? It's a waste of money that only hardened MLP's laughingstock status.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

That's no excuse for NC's extreme laziness. You can have shows with a base demographic as young as this and still succeed in attracting multiple audiences. Look at Sesame Street, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, FIM, and the last two seasons of Thomas & Friends. All shows with demographics as young as Newborn Cuties, but executed their work SO much better.

Like what @@Simon says ;), if Hasbro won't put effort into their show, then why bother making it at all? It's a waste of money that only hardened MLP's laughingstock status.

I don't see this as an excuse for the show's laziness.  I've seen shows aimed at that audience that still put a little bit of effort into it if for no other reason than to save the sanity of the parents watching the show with their kids.  If a company isn't willing to put in the effort it takes to make a quality show, they shouldn't be making the show.

Of course, I'm fully aware that Newborn Cuties was severely lacking in effort; my earlier statement was not intended to defend the show.

• 1 month later...

I'll tell you why. It's bloody terrifying.

g3_5_sweetie_belle_by_cuber4x4-d5c8jq5.p

M??????y????? ??????Li??t?????t???l?e? P???on??y?,??? ??M??????y??????? ??L?????i??t??????t???l??e??????? ??Po?????n????y?????,
???I?sn??????'??t????? ??t??????h??????e wo??r??l?d?? ??a?? ???l??o??v??????e?l????y ??????pl??a??c??????e??????

G3 was G3.5 was made for little girls only. But so is G4 if you think about it.

G3 had a few good things. The best thing was the intro. Best MLP intro ever, better than G1's or G4's.