Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is so wrong with New born cuties/3.5?

Everleaf

Okay okay okay I know this is gonna get crazy but honestly it's for little girls it's not like it's aimed for adults or teens it was aimed for younger children (and that's what it got)

okay the writting on 3.5 IS sloppy I understand but it was meant to be cute nothing much more as far as I know 

okay I don't like 3.5 myself but the way some bronies can't help but get angry over just a previous version of the show...

I get it it was bad the animation was not the best and so on but I repeat it's not meant for the grown fans and it seemed this is what little girls liked back then...

if I'm wrong I'm sorry I'm just saying my option (and I repeat I don't like 3.5 myself).

• Brohoof 1

Those things are sickly looking...... Cute is great, but those cuties just looked evil....

I know and I kind of agree but as I repeat it was not aimed for older fans but more of the younger/youngest.

• Brohoof 1

Little girls deserve better than that. We should be treating them like they are stupid. G 3.5 had terrible animation, characters with no personality, awful art, and some really boring stories. It's not good entertainment at all. There was no effort put into it, none.

I wouldn't make anyone watch that. If I had a daughter, or a little sister or a niece or something like that, I would find them something more interesting to watch than that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Little girls deserve better than that. We should be treating them like they are stupid. G 3.5 had terrible animation, characters with no personality, awful art, and some really boring stories. It's not good entertainment at all. There was no effort put into it, none.

I wouldn't make anyone watch that. If I had a daughter, or a little sister or a niece or something like that, I would find them something more interesting to watch than that.

Which once again I understand but okay they did not meant to make it bad it just ended up pretty bad but some actually enjoy/enjoyed it even if the writing was bad....

No Real Effort was put into it

Just watch a episode and you'll know what i mean

I watched a episode before and I agree I don't like it but I just think some young girls liked it and that is who it's aimed at....

Edited by Everleaf
  • Brohoof 1

Which once again I understand but okay they did not meant to make it bad it just ended up pretty bad but some actually enjoy/enjoyed it even if the writing was bad....

They didn't mean to make it bad necessarily. They just didn't mean to put in any effort or create something of substance.

They didn't mean to make it bad necessarily. They just didn't mean to put in any effort or create something of substance.

Well we do get shows like this and it IS a part of MLP even if it can be awkward at times...

Well I have a theory on where all previous gen hatred stems from, you see all bronies think that my little pony friendship is magic is a darn good show and that most things with the MLP logo is awesome. But what if a show with the MLP logo on it is bad, well in the mind of some people this might create extreme hatred as it has challenged their thought process on MLP. Although I'm not in the of everyone who hates the previous gens I do believe that if the bronies never existed no one would make a big deal out of the previous gens and everypony would just view it as a regular little girls show and nothing more, but that's just my opinion and if you have a specific reason for hating the previous gens then please let me know.

Well we do get shows like this and it IS a part of MLP even if it can be awkward at times...

Which is why MLP didn't have nearly the following it does now before FIM. I don't like the previous generations. The original G1 show had a few cool things here and there but it still isn't nearly as good as FIM.

I'm really only a G4 fan, and there's a reason for that.

The difference here is that we're talking about the shows not the toys, not mention these new born cuties have never had an episode dedicated to them on FIM.

I know we was having a bit of a joke from the fact that that is one of the fim toys however it looks much like a New born cuties.

The difference here is that we're talking about the shows not the toys, not mention these new born cuties have never had an episode dedicated to them on FIM.

Bronies need to learn My Little Pony is a toyline franchise and that the shows are advertisements for the toys.  :wat:

Still, it's ironic that G4 has it's own Newborn Cuties toy.

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Brohoof 1

Bronies need to learn My Little Pony is a toyline franchise and that the shows are advertisements for the toys.  :wat:

Yeah it sells I guess XD

but hey even if MLP is for the toys we can still enjoy it, it is still a show, even if most is for a toyline but yes it is ironic that FIM has a toyline pretty much the same as em,.

• Brohoof 1

I don't care about the toys. I don't even care if the toys appear in the show. As long as they can make good quality episodes then they can make whatever toys they want. It's a massive advertisement but it's the most well written advertisement I've ever seen.

• Brohoof 2

I don't care about the toys. I don't even care if the toys appear in the show. As long as they can make good quality episodes then they can make whatever toys they want. It's a massive advertisement but it's the most well written advertisement I've ever seen.

Well I know FIM is way, way way way way way and way better however there have been worse shows even if that sounds false...

Okay no

The way you said it is as if you were saying "the mlp tv shows are advertisments for toys"

The show is BASED off of the MLP toys but the show nowdays (at least i think) is a legitimate Tv Show 

Sure everynow and again hasbro tries to basically juice out the advertisments (End of Season Finale) But right now if Mlp Started as a tv show and NOT a toyline It would be just as successful

Okay no

The way you said it is as if you were saying "the mlp tv shows are advertisments for toys"

The show is BASED off of the MLP toys but the show nowdays (at least i think) is a legitimate Tv Show 

Sure everynow and again hasbro tries to basically juice out the advertisments (End of Season Finale) But right now if Mlp Started as a tv show and NOT a toyline It would be just as successful

Okay no

Well both of you are kind of right how to explain I do not know....

Well, to be blunt...

The stories were bland, the visuals were ugly, animation that wouldn't pass if it were a NES game, and it overall completely abuses the right to be girly.

Yes, it was a giant toy commercial, but so is G4, so it can't use that as an excuse.

Edited by MilesTheLunar

I know and I kind of agree but as I repeat it was not aimed for older fans but more of the younger/youngest.

Its base demographic being female toddlers doesn't excuse poor writing. G3.5 took G3's worse qualities (lazy storytelling, one-dimensional characterization, stupid conflicts, obnoxious pandering to young girls) and worsened them along with terrible animation (one of the few things in G3 that was genuinely good). Like what I wrote in my blog, standards need to be higher, and Newborn Cuties is a lazy, bottom-of-the-barrel animated show that disrespects kids, their parents, and periphery demographic. It's a factually awful animated show that doesn't deserve any praise.

As what FIM (and pre-Tales G1) demonstrated, you can attracted a wide range of demographics young and old, male and female, and everyone in between with respect and without segregating them.

1. Hasbro treats their franchises as toy first, everything else in between. For the past four decades, the company shoves in inane concepts into various canons in hopes of gaining short-term revenue, and the writers behind the scenes either don't hide it well or don't hide it at all. Its track record hasn't been very good, and it's obvious Hasbro doesn't get it. People watch to be entertained, not to be hit with an infomercial. As several of Hasbro's franchises are on TV, home video, and big screen, they're not simply a toy company anymore. In fact, they're a toy/media hybrid.
  2. FIM's biggest purpose is to be a high-quality, entertaining TV show where upon watching, your mind don't have your mind clicking, "Here comes their latest toy." There's a certain level of quality to expect in not only FIM, but every single form of self-respected family entertainment altogether. Because the Mane Six are so relatable, the mind doesn't say they're toys; instead, they're characters. It's based off the toys (for the most part), but it's legit and objectively good. Something that can't be said with the likes of G3.5.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Okay okay okay I know this is gonna get crazy but honestly it's for little girls it's not like it's aimed for adults or teens it was aimed for younger children (and that's what it got)
I don't like any show that doesn't have effort put into it regardless of who the audience is.  The reason I love FiM as much as I do is because despite the show being targeted at young girls, it's well animated, well written, well acted... it's just well.  They didn't do what so many media companies do today and hide behind the Y rating and decide to put absolutely no effort into a show just because it was aimed at kids.

Newborn Cuties did exactly what I can't stand... it tossed together a cartoon with absolutely no effort put into it.  It's beyond no effort really... take a look at the animation.  They don't even have the mouths move in places because they were too lazy to animate it.  And even when the lips are moving the bodies are lifeless and have absolutely no realistic animation.  Beyond that the scripts and plots are horrid with no attempt at developing an actual story.

The reason Newborn Cuties gets flack is because FiM stands for everything it doesn't.  FiM is a show which has crossed gender and age boundaries by making a show which is appropriate for children while being smart enough for adults.  Newborn Cuties hid behind the fact that it has a young audience to put out complete garbage.

I have no problem with the older generations and think everybody should be allowed to like what they like in this fandom, but Newborn Cuties is so insulting to the children that it is designed for that I can't get myself to have respect for it.

• Brohoof 3

Do you want to know how "young" the target audience was? Newborns; Newborn Cuties was aired on a Newborn channel.