Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I tell my best friend I'm a brony?

Stone Cold Applejack

Ok here it is. I'm in the 8th grade one of my best friends is in 7th grade but he rides my bus and lives in my neighborhood. I want to tell him I'm a brony but I don't know how. He knows what bronies are but I don't know what he thinks of them. I don't own any pony shoes,shirts,hats whatever. Nothing. So my only option is to straight up tell him. So how do I tell him?

Make sure you can trust him, and then you tell him. Don't go around people telling them something if you don't trust him.

Once that happens, just straight up say you're a Brony. It isn't anything to lose a friendship over, unless your friend's a stuck up moron who can't accept others for what they like. I wouldn't worry so much about what he thinks, bro.

"Hello friend, I enjoy a cartoon called Friendship is Magic."

And then you continue fromthere based on his reaction. If he is your best friend then his reaction should be along the lines of either apathy, as he does not care that you watch a tv he does not, or support and interest.

Ok here it is. I'm in the 8th grade one of my best friends is in 7th grade but he rides my bus and lives in my neighborhood. I want to tell him I'm a brony but I don't know how. He knows what bronies are but I don't know what he thinks of them. I don't own any pony shoes,shirts,hats whatever. Nothing. So my only option is to straight up tell him. So how do I tell him?

There's your answer. "I watch MLP/I'm a brony". That's all. You can also ask him about his opinion about it, at the same time implying that you think it's cool. This way you can find out how he might react. Although, I don't really see a problem. You're not telling that you're a homosexual. Or admitting that you rape little girls at nights. Even if he doesn't like cartoons or thinks that watching MLP is odd, as long as he doesn't mock you because of it - it's okay. He's allowed to have different opinion. It's really no big deal. Some of my close friends are bronies and some are people, who don't really understand why I like it. They sometimes make silly jokes, because of it, but that's all, they have no problem with me liking MLP. If your friend does, then he's not really your friend. 

I had the EXACT same problem back in 8th grade. Literally the exact same. Just go in DEEP. What happened is we were talking about our favorite T.V. shows, and I told him something on the hub. He gave me a few weird answers and I said I wouldn't tell him, but he told me to tell him and I eventually did. At first he was like "man thats gay, thats gay." but about a week later I told him to just watch it. He did, and I got him hooked.

And if he's a real friend he won't be a huge dick about it.

You know what I think this thread gave me the confidence to tell my friend I like my little pony.

• Brohoof 1

Just wait. Don't rush, just be a good friend, and see if he'll accept you no matter what. I don't think it'll matter if you're a Brony unless you've made it a lifestyle. At the very least, he'll be your friend regardless of the things you like.

Edited by CriticalStylus

>Wake up in the morning

>catch bus

>locate friend and promptly sit by them

>"*insert greeting of choice here*"

>Get their full attention

>look them dead in the eyes

>"Bruh....."

>create a pause for effect

>hold the pause

>look away and back for more effect

>"....I fucking love ponies. My Little Pony is a bawss ass show and friendship is the fucking shit."

>have a a giggle or two

>go about your day as normal

>Feel swag as shit

• Brohoof 1

"Hi.I like a cartoon called MLP:Friendship is Magic"

Stop from making a world of that,and be straight.

Whatns wrong with that,anyways.You just like a cartoon.You trust him(?).So there's no problem on telling him that you like MLP.

After all,on the deep,is just a cartoon,like much others on the world.

I would not do the same as what the people above me said.

First, try to bring up MLP in a conversation. Do not do it abruptly,just use your best judgement. Then, ask him what he thinks of bronies.

If he has a positive reaction, then just go straight up and tell him. 

If his reaction is negative, then I do not know what to say in that case.

Edited by boiteporte

Well what I did is played a game of truth or dare with my friend and then he dared me to scream I'm a brony after that I admitted it, if he's a true friend he'd be Ok with it and even if not just be like "kidding why would I be a brony" then wink your eye still act serious though then yes you'd put yourself out but then you could know it's Ok just take it slowly though.

I don't really see why you need to tell him quite honestly, I'm sure you've watched other shows, did you ever have to confess to liking them? But if you truly feel strong about it, just be upfront about it, be blunt.

• Brohoof 1

1. Really think about it. Does he REALLY need to know?
2. Make up your mind.
3. Just tell him.

If he's childish enough to end your friendship based on something as ridiculously vapid as this, he's not deserving of your friendship, period.

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 1