Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you in favour of happy endings, or sad endings?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

I like both. For instance, Elfen Lied does a good job of making people shed liquid pride. Although a lot of people seem to think they overdid it with the sad moments, but I thought the scene where a certain girl and her father died was a pretty emotional, sad, and touching scene. I dunno, maybe I'm just addicted to sadness =/

Also, Grandia II's ending wouldn't have been nearly as impactful if not for the sad things that happened earlier in the game.

I can definitely enjoy both if they're done well, but of the two, I think I prefer happy endings. I think my favorite type of ending, though, is a bittersweet one. That kind of ending where the villain was defeated and the problem was solved, but with a price.

Like many others said, you can't force an ending. You can't force a happy ending in to a doomsday movie, and you can't force a sad ending in to a goofy comedy. If the ending works, I'll like it.

I don't like happy endings in stories because there are more stories with happy endings then sad out there when I write I make my stories have sad endings because you want your audience to have an emotional attachment to that character then if they were to die it eats your audiences emotions just take the ending from The Walking Dead season 1 the video game it was a very sad ending but a very good one as well