Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some bronies do this?

JamesBobbyDReed

Reminds me of the "2D Girlfriend" phenomenon in Japan. I think people attach themselves to fictional characters because they are too scared of the responsibility of an actual relationship.

...But, that only applies when they take it seriously.

Edited by CriticalStylus
  • Brohoof 6

Problem here is that that hate is coming inside brony fandom and it just makes me sad that people have to make fun of other people.

These guys are actually just same as the normal brony haters from YouTube comments. They are in every fandom but it still disturbs me that they have to attack guys who are lonely and who want to make themselves feel better with these pics.

But you need to learn to deal with this kind of people because they never stop.

• Brohoof 10

So some bronies photoshopped themselves with some ponies. So what? You don't know them and you shouldn't assume they're lonely just because they made photos like these. It isn't your business.

Just because someone has a crush on a fictional character doesn't always mean they're desperate for a relationship. That's generalising. I had crushes on fictional characters before and even then I was not interested in a relationship at all (And I'm still not interested to this day). It's just harmless fun, but the media treats it like some tragedy. Just ignore it. :P

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 9

I don't see anything wrong with it, and I don't necessarily think it means that the people are lonely or anything either. I think a lot of bronies wish that they could meet the ponies in real life, and they are just having fun using photoshop to make it look like they are hanging out with them.

• Brohoof 1

Because they are sad (possibly depressed) and life sucks without cartoon pone waifus. (I want a pony waifu)

I much rather see a self-insert drawing, then real life photo with a cartoon pony. 

They are people you should feel sorry for. That or they are trolls that just want you to cringe.  

Edited by Rush

I don't see anything wrong with it, and I don't necessarily think it means that the people are lonely or anything either. I think a lot of bronies wish that they could meet the ponies in real life, and they are just having fun using photoshop to make it look like they are hanging out with them.

thank you, everyone else is not answering the question

people really,really,really,really like ponies.

sometimes, they like them a bit too much.

some of these edits are actually quite good, but if you really think that rainbow dash is your girlfriend, then i would advice you to ..maye spend a little less time on the internet? :(

i also think that this is not even comparable to the real problems the fandom has.

• Brohoof 2

Truth is, the reason for such things is more or less a factor of loneliness. Some are seeking a relationship with the only thing that gives them comfort, the ponies they watch on the show. They seek a fantasy where they are really with them. Somepony to understand their pain and sooth the pain of their miserable lives. It's kinda what furries do with their imagination but with drawn art. The most common thing people seek in their personal time can sometimes be a anime girl even. It's all in the mind of the one who creates it. Some go as far as making Tulpas or imaginary friends of their favorite characters. It maybe weird, but we have no right to judge. I admit to having a number imaginary friends. My communication with them has been mostly mental due to them being figments of my imagination. My point being that we all have something that we use to occupy our minds. Whether we fabricated from our imagination or through image editing software. We all are not all that different with eachother.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 3

For most of these people it harmless fantasy/wish fulfillment, a lot of people have crushes on the ponies and some take it to the step of creating pictures like that. They are not harming anyone and I am sure most of them recognize that this is fantasy and not reality.

• Brohoof 1

youre not answering my question

I kinda did answer your question.

This actually looks pretty creative.

I basically stated that it was a creative thing to do.

It's a form art I guess?

Edited by Emerald Starlight

I don't see a problem with it either. Okay yeah, I get it, it's kinda weird, but why would I give a fuck. If you wanna photoshop ponies in your pictures and say they're your girlfriends, that's cool with me.