Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Why are these topics popular among teenage girls?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

To the point that there is so much shipping, and unusual-looking animals everywhere, missing the point and focus of the original shows or concepts:

my_new_wolf_oc_by_winter_rainbow_owl-d71

Horse_OC_for_Adopt_a_something_by_Moondr

greenpaw_my_warrior_cat_oc_by_captianrai

We all wonder what caused these poor franchises to attract such a miserable crowd of an audience, such as those teenage girls to create awful works of art.

Tl;dr: What caused these franchises to attract teenage girls?

I'm a warriors fan myself :P I like it because...Actually I don't remember why i liked the books originally, I haven't read any of them in a while. I do remember the reason I read them in the first place, because my friend would not shut up about the series.

As for the other stuff, I really don't know. Wolves, I guess because of twilight, and I can't explain at all why anyone likes twilight. I do not believe the twilight series deserves a capital letter at the beginning of it's name. It does, however, deserve pink words and comic sans. Because I like to abuse these functions.

• Brohoof 2

Warrior Cats by "Erin Hunter"

These are decent children's books. While they aren't too well written, the premise is decent and the culture in the stories can be pretty interesting. There's a huge Warrior cats roleplaying community, which is where I've found most of the hype. The roleplay is pretty varied, allowing room for both new roleplayers who use asterisks to express their character's motions and those who prefer to write 800-1000+ words per post. This is the largest area of the fandom. I was formerly a part of it. Honestly, I think teenage girls only really like it because the community is made up of other teenage girls. It's a largely peer-pressured group. A lot of people liked it when they were ten, and rejoined the fandom because they were teenagers and hormonal and needed something to fall back on.

The Warriors fandom is the only thing on your list I've had any personal experience with, so I'll leave it to someone else to try to rationalize the other options.

• Brohoof 1

Warrior Cats by "Erin Hunter"

These are decent children's books. While they aren't too well written, the premise is decent and the culture in the stories can be pretty interesting. There's a huge Warrior cats roleplaying community, which is where I've found most of the hype. The roleplay is pretty varied, allowing room for both new roleplayers who use asterisks to express their character's motions and those who prefer to write 800-1000+ words per post. This is the largest area of the fandom. I was formerly a part of it. Honestly, I think teenage girls only really like it because the community is made up of other teenage girls. It's a largely peer-pressured group. A lot of people liked it when they were ten, and rejoined the fandom because they were teenagers and hormonal and needed something to fall back on.

The Warriors fandom is the only thing on your list I've had any personal experience with, so I'll leave it to someone else to try to rationalize the other options.

There! That's why I like the series. xD She explained it perfectly.

JERIC SEES TOPIC AND READS ITEMS. PROMPTLY CALLS 13 YEAR OLD AND 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS ONE AT A TIME. READS LIST TO THEM.

Reaction can be summed as thusly.

Source @Starry Aurora and

• Brohoof 3

I see not how an entire fanbase came from the Warriors series. I read it when I was about 10, and I don't see girls getting into this. At least not the ones I know. What insanity is this? The book series is unique and has some interesting speculative ideas on natural cat culture, but I see no reason for girls to get up and start roleplaying as cats. I see no reason for people in general to be doing roleplaying at all, really. And wolves? Is there some kind of impulsive "make the wild animals cuter" thing going on?

As a teenage girl myself, I personally like Sonic and most animals (especially cats, wolves, and foxes), mainly because I like the designs or I think they look pretty/cute. However, it's not fair to group teenage girls as the only ones creating art as such, I've seen more boys do it than girls. Most other girls I know who likes the above mentioned things like them because they're fun to draw or look at, simple as that, the reasoning is different for everyone, I just think Sonic is fun to play and animals are cute/pretty.

Uhh... to be honest, I don't see how most of the subjects in the OP are gender focused one way or the other, at all.

(Exception being the first thing on the list - the "Warrior Cats")...

I'm a guy, and I like Sonic (though I'm not an enthusiastic fan), wolves (probably one of my favorite animals), horses (kind of... okay, not really, but, my mom has horses, so...), cats, and foxes.  

How can you think that liking animals has anything to do with age and gender?  That's quite pathetic, if you ask me.  Anyone can like animals.

You'd have done best to just ask about Warrior Cats by itself, in relation to teen girls.  Because, there is a logical correlation there.  

• Brohoof 3

Stereotypical, not to mention inaccurate. I'm a fifteen-year-old girl and I'm not a big fan of any of these; I liked the Warriors series and Sonic before, but I've never been crazy over them. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't base the entire group on me, but I have been involved in these fandoms and they're definitely not limited to females only.

• Brohoof 3

The only one I like from this list is cats (and horses, I suppose xP). I don't care for the rest.

It's probably because all of them have to do with animals, and people like animals because they're cute. I find it silly for you to think that all teenage girls are scatterbrains who do nothing but make gaudy fan art and recolours. That's generalising. On a related note, I've seen some teenaged girls who drew some great Sonic/cat/wolf/horse/etc. art, you shouldn't assume that all teenage girls make bad art. -3-

Not all teenaged girls like this sort of stuff. I've seen some who even dislike Warrior Cats, Sonic or whatever you listed (Teenage girls like sparkledogs? I've seen more who dislike them). To think that teenage girls are the only people who enjoy animals is stupid. Anyone can like animals, or anything really. -3-

Edited by Mienshao

I'm almost 15, and I like the overall fandom of the Warriors series. Plus, wolves are cool. :catface:

A new Warriors came out recently (Dawn of The Clans) but I can't get into it. I'm losing interest in the books, but I love the characters and I think the writing is very well-done for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I am indeed a teenage girl myself, so here are my thoughts on those:

-Warrior Cats: I never really got into these, since they were awfully confusing and not very well written IMO (though many would disagree). I guess girls like them because they're popular books... and cats are nice too.

-Sonic: Really? I've seen a lot more guys than girls get into the sonic fandom. :wacko:

-"Sparkledogs": Never heard of them :blink:

-various animals: They're cute or pretty, I guess... but I don't see why it would be just girls that like them.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Out of all of the things you listed

Cats and Warrior Cats

Warrior cats is a decent story not like twilight franchise where it's all about choosing a puppy or disco ball. While its not up there with Harry Potter on this scale it's got a decent story line and charterers you can love

And cats are just animals I love like dogs IM AN ANIMAL PERSON.

Not all teenage girls like these things just the majority of the populace that feed stereotypical girls those stuff in shovels