Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flutters needs a self esteem team

Buck Testa

Fluttershy has made great strides to building up her self esteem since the pilot episode. That being said her friends (as much as they care about her) are not doing much to help her development along. That is why she needs an entourage to be her cheerleaders and an overall positive influence on her.

Who would be on flutters self esteem team?

Bulk Biceps: While he is over the top he gets along pretty well with Flutters and she does not seem nervous around him at all. YEAH!!!

Iron Will: Iron Will was a great character and whether or not you liked her in putting her hoof down, Flutters NEEDED to get some of that rage out, and he could easily help her in a more positive direction

Discord: not sure how but he needs to be there

Any other ponies you can think of to be on her self esteem team? Do you think if would work or would it ebd up being another Putting your hoof down? Do you want to see a more confident but still cute flutters?

post-28557-0-51023600-1409528435.jpg

post-28557-0-65020700-1409528739_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

I think Fluttershy mostly just needs some counseling. Discord is still a little too self-absorbed (and socially awkward) to be able to help her much in that direction. Iron Will I don't think she particularly wants anything to do with anymore. Yes, she may have needed an outlet for her pent-up frustrations but she soon realized she did it totally the wrong way.

Bulk Biceps, however, may be the perfect foil for her. She not only seems oddly comfortable around him, but, being a weightlifter, he'd probably know a thing or two about ways to channel your emotions that are a little more healthy than abusing other ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I think Fluttershy mostly just needs some counseling. Discord is still a little too self-absorbed (and socially awkward) to be able to help her much in that direction. Iron Will I don't think she particularly wants anything to do with anymore. Yes, she may have needed an outlet for her pent-up frustrations but she soon realized she did it totally the wrong way.

Bulk Biceps, however, may be the perfect foil for her. She not only seems oddly comfortable around him, but, being a weightlifter, he'd probably know a thing or two about ways to channel your emotions that are a little more healthy than abusing other ponies.

From my understanding (could be wrong havent read them) Iron Will and Flutters actually become friends in the comics and go to the spa together. I personally love that image for a slew of reasons

I agree about Bulk being a foil for flutters in a number of ways. I also would love to see her giving a hearty "YEEEEAAAHHHH!!!" in unison with Bulk at some point complete with flexing pose cause that would be damn adorable.

From my understanding (could be wrong havent read them) Iron Will and Flutters actually become friends in the comics and go to the spa together. I personally love that image for a slew of reasons

I agree about Bulk being a foil for flutters in a number of ways. I also would love to see her giving a hearty "YEEEEAAAHHHH!!!" in unison with Bulk at some point complete with flexing pose cause that would be damn adorable.

Haven't read the comics, so I didn't know about that scene, however, I would love to see Bulk and Fluttershy give a hearty "YEEEEAH!" together in the show.

I don't think she needs a "team" but more something like a good friend (or new character introduced)to help counsel her, on giving her some better self esteem, and with that comes confidence, as well as assertiveness. I don't think any of the mane 6 would be right for the  role, to play as her counselor. I think if they did an episode on it, they'd introduce a new character, solely written, to help Fluttershy with her issues. Yes there's Iron Will and Bulk Biceps...but Iron Will was a one time antagonist, Bulk Biceps is more of a comic relief character. Example being, the Key Episodes, they introduced a new character in each episode, to help assist th each of the mane 6. I think if they went along with that idea again for an episode, but instead of it being about kindness, it'd be about self esteem. Or even a revamped Iron Will episode. But with a new character.

Edited by :Flutterdash:
  • Brohoof 2

I think her self-esteem levels are just fine.  Letting people "walk all over her" all the time isn't about thinking they're better than her or that she somehow deserve poor treatment, it's just wanting to put their needs before hers and not make anypony unhappy.  There is nothing wrong with being shy and reserved.

I think her self-esteem levels are just fine.  Letting people "walk all over her" all the time isn't about thinking they're better than her or that she somehow deserve poor treatment, it's just wanting to put their needs before hers and not make anypony unhappy.  There is nothing wrong with being shy and reserved.

I agree, it's part of what makes her, her. My above post was just hypothesizing on if there was ever an episode about it. Either way, I still love her as she is. If they change her a bit for the better, that's fine, it's called character development. I'mall for character development. It helps the show grow.

• Brohoof 1

There is nothing wrong with being shy and reserved.

Oh I agree, it is what makes her an interesting character. That being said there is a difference between reserved and suffering from crippling social anxiety. Her team, or just a friend as some posters have pointed out, would be able to help her through THAT part so she is healthier in her approach to other ponies. Possibly someone who has been in that kind of situation before. I bring up Bulk cause there are things about his character that flutters could learn from and vice versa.

Fluttershy's animal friends are a self-esteem team for her already. Hurricane Fluttershy, she was training to get stronger after her wing power was an embarrassment, and all her little woodland critter friends were there to encourage her and help her stay the course. Maybe not quite the same as ponies to do the same, but I'm sure it means a lot to her.

As others have said, I too think Bulk Biceps would be perfect for the task. Those two really seemed to hit it off. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie would be the one who could most fall into that role.

I like the idea. :) Although Bulk Biceps or Iron Will seems more logical, I don't want to see that on the show... But I'd love to see more Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy episodes.

There is nothing wrong with being shy and reserved.

Agreed. Here the tricky thing with Flutters - Her personality (shy, kind, timid) tends to be endearing, especially to her fans. Her 'flaw' isn't really a flaw as so far as it is a fully realized character trait. Any major movement from it would undermine what some of her fans love about the character. I actually think that bringing her too far out of her 'shell' would be detrimental to the character. Just write a good story around her. No need to remake what works well already.

Alright first off, no side characters/villains. Why? Flutters is much too low on self esteem & wouldn't be as open to people outside her circle of friends. Discord is the exception to this rule but I feel his help would not be the kind Flutters would need... His is a bit to trollish & aggressive, she would need a much more positive attitude & gentler approach. So my money is on her friends being the best of the options available to help... Let's begin, shall we?

Rainbow Dash;

I'm... Iffy on this one. It seems like a good idea, since Dash would have the most experience dealing with FlutterShy's innate... Well shyness (btw going to call her FS from now on, otherwise going to be really annoying to type the full name out each time lol...), would be bolder than most of the group, & would also be able to help her in Cloudsdale & other areas that are pegasi only. She has shown to understand why FS tends to be very scared, & when one on one RD's attitude towards helping FS has been nothing short of beautiful, as seen in Hurricane Fluttershy. This episode is a prime example of how well RD can understand her yellow counterpart, & how to make FS come out from her shell. RD was able to be very kind & gentle with FS, giving her time to work on her issues & didn't try & force her into anything, which shows great patience on her end.

However... This is one example of her attitude towards FS. RD has also shown to be quite bold & blunt with her attitude towards others. She is much more confrontational than any of the other Mane 6, especially FS. This makes me a bit worried that RD wouldn't be the best for helping, if only because she might be to aggressive in her attempts to help...

Pinkie Pie;

Ok, this one should work, right? The party planner pony, who else would be good at getting someone's self esteem & ability to talk to other ponies up?! Well... Let's start with the good. She definitely fits the bill of someone who has great skills in talking to others & being able to roll with what life gives her. She is constantly bouncy & seems to understand what FS's limits are... Sometimes... She really does try her hardest to be happy & friendly with everypony, & I would argue that if self esteem is what you need, nothing works better than the clown pony herself.

However... No wings, so she is restricted to ground (balloons & crazy contraptions not withstanding), leading to much less in terms of ponies to talk with. Also... Her ability to gauge what FS needs for confidence varies drastically... I would be worried she would go through a moment of Filli Vanilli... Ergh... I won't go on that for long, I know it is a touchy subject... I will just leave it at more of the stopping the pranks moment from the "Gildan the Brush Off" (that title feels wrong...) & less of the... Whatever was going through her mind in Filli Vanilli... Lastly, same problem as Dash; I am worried she would overdo her attempts to help, pushing FS into moments where she needs the most help.

AJ;

Probably the most grounded & cool-headed of the group, AJ is a very good candidate for helping keep another's spirits up. She is very calm & collected, & would be good for thinking things through & not letting things get to her. This would be great for FS's self esteem & ability to be with others, since it would keep her calm & collected (saying she would learn how to do the same as AJ). I do feel that AJ would be the best at discussing things with FS & keeping her collected whenever FS would otherwise break down.

As you can tell, this one is the shortest of all... That is due majorly in part because... AJ & FS have had very little interaction. They had 1 shared spotlight moment, Bats, & all THAT did was show how little AJ understands FS & vice versa. AJ had 0 trust in FS's ability to help the bat problem in her way, instead preferring to force FS to do things her way, not the way of the one whose job it is to take care of animals... This blatantly shows how little AJ trusts & understands FS, & kind of makes it hard to recommend her... I mean, on paper & looking at the positives, it sounds amazing. However once you realize how little they know each other... I'd rather not use AJ.

Twilight;

This is one I like quite a bit, truthfully. These 2 have had decent interaction, & since her alicornification, Twilight now has the ability to go to Cloudsdale whenever she wants. This widens her places to talk & help FS. Also, Twilight has gone through not one, but 2 of her own times of being thrust into unfamiliar situations & awkward moments. Firstly, going to Ponyville. This is the story of basically anyone who has ever moved to a new place & had to work with people they had no idea what they were like & what to do with. So she had to gain the friendship of each of them one by one. Secondly, she had to deal with becoming a Princess. Imagine the amount of pressure from THAT, as well as the attention garnered from that. That would be a serious detour from her old situation, & I would be lying if I said that didn't deserve some attention. Both of these events show that Twilight has had to deal with bad situations like these, & holy crap would it require some serious constitution on her part to keep up a good exterior with all the internal turmoil she must be going though. She would also be able to use the remaining Mane 4's strengths to help FS become a better pony overall. She was able to use the strengths of others to help Luna, I am sure she could do the same even easier with FS.

Flaws. Biggest one is that Twilight... Can be a bit unbalanced. She is easy to crack if she feels she has failed in her duties, & I worry if FS took too long to grow Twi would end up cracking under the pressure. Not the worst of all of the bad sides, since it is her issues & not FS's that are the big problem (since really FS is not the strongest in self esteem, the easiest way for her to crack is if one of her friends pushes her too far... I am worried that would happen with the other 3) but it would be worth pointing out that it would be... Problematic.

Rarity;

This one, despite me preferring Twilight personally, actually has probably the best chance of helping FS. Other than RD, FS & Rarity have had the best interactions in the show, with one of them being my all time favorite episode, Filli Vanilli (ok it got brought up one more time, sorry), & the other being a really good episode as well, Green Isn't Your Color. Both show that Rarity is actually surprisingly good at talking to FS, & that they spend quite a bit of free time together. Rarity is actually quite balanced in terms of talking to others while keeping the ability to be secluded & quiet at times. She is very good at talking FS down from her more upset moments. I truly think Rarity would be the best for showing FS how to be open without losing what makes FS herself.

Bad parts are... Ugh I cannot find any major ones, tbh. I truly feel Rarity keeps things pretty tight between her & FS, they spend a lot of time together, the one moment where Rarity didn't perform perfectly with FS isn't as overly excited as Pinkie's or blatantly pushy as AJ's, & Rarity does seem to understand what makes FS FS. I guess you could argue she was a bit blind on the Green Isn't Your Color deal but it could have been much, much worse...

So it appears survery says that the best ponies (of the remaining mane 5) to help FS be more confident are... Twilight and Rarity!

post-27099-0-10046800-1409718045_thumb.png

post-27099-0-17605800-1409718052.png

Did I just make an over 5.8k characters & counting deal for which of the remaining Mane 5 would be best suited for helping FS get more confidence? Hell yeah!

*What I am pretending to feel like*

post-27099-0-22746700-1409718074.gif

*What I really feel like*

post-27099-0-82464200-1409718123.gif

Agreed. Here the tricky thing with Flutters - Her personality (shy, kind, timid) tends to be endearing, especially to her fans. Her 'flaw' isn't really a flaw as so far as it is a fully realized character trait. Any major movement from it would undermine what some of her fans love about the character. I actually think that bringing her too far out of her 'shell' would be detrimental to the character. Just write a good story around her. No need to remake what works well already.

Personally, I love her shy nature, but there is much, much more to her than that... I personally find everything about her endearing, & I wouldn't mind her getting some strength up for herself. I wouldn't mind if she stayed exactly the same, I wouldn't mind if she became a whole different pony; FlutterShy is FlutterShy.

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 2

Alright first off, no side characters/villains. Why? Flutters is much too low on self esteem & wouldn't be as open to people outside her circle of friends. Discord is the exception to this rule but I feel his help would not be the kind Flutters would need... His is a bit to trollish & aggressive, she would need a much more positive attitude & gentler approach. So my money is on her friends being the best of the options available to help... Let's begin, shall we?

Rainbow Dash;

I'm... Iffy on this one. It seems like a good idea, since Dash would have the most experience dealing with FlutterShy's innate... Well shyness (btw going to call her FS from now on, otherwise going to be really annoying to type the full name out each time lol...), would be bolder than most of the group, & would also be able to help her in Cloudsdale & other areas that are pegasi only. She has shown to understand why FS tends to be very scared, & when one on one RD's attitude towards helping FS has been nothing short of beautiful, as seen in Hurricane Fluttershy. This episode is a prime example of how well RD can understand her yellow counterpart, & how to make FS come out from her shell. RD was able to be very kind & gentle with FS, giving her time to work on her issues & didn't try & force her into anything, which shows great patience on her end.

However... This is one example of her attitude towards FS. RD has also shown to be quite bold & blunt with her attitude towards others. She is much more confrontational than any of the other Mane 6, especially FS. This makes me a bit worried that RD wouldn't be the best for helping, if only because she might be to aggressive in her attempts to help...

Pinkie Pie;

Ok, this one should work, right? The party planner pony, who else would be good at getting someone's self esteem & ability to talk to other ponies up?! Well... Let's start with the good. She definitely fits the bill of someone who has great skills in talking to others & being able to roll with what life gives her. She is constantly bouncy & seems to understand what FS's limits are... Sometimes... She really does try her hardest to be happy & friendly with everypony, & I would argue that if self esteem is what you need, nothing works better than the clown pony herself.

However... No wings, so she is restricted to ground (balloons & crazy contraptions not withstanding), leading to much less in terms of ponies to talk with. Also... Her ability to gauge what FS needs for confidence varies drastically... I would be worried she would go through a moment of Filli Vanilli... Ergh... I won't go on that for long, I know it is a touchy subject... I will just leave it at more of the stopping the pranks moment from the "Gildan the Brush Off" (that title feels wrong...) & less of the... Whatever was going through her mind in Filli Vanilli... Lastly, same problem as Dash; I am worried she would overdo her attempts to help, pushing FS into moments where she needs the most help.

AJ;

Probably the most grounded & cool-headed of the group, AJ is a very good candidate for helping keep another's spirits up. She is very calm & collected, & would be good for thinking things through & not letting things get to her. This would be great for FS's self esteem & ability to be with others, since it would keep her calm & collected (saying she would learn how to do the same as AJ). I do feel that AJ would be the best at discussing things with FS & keeping her collected whenever FS would otherwise break down.

As you can tell, this one is the shortest of all... That is due majorly in part because... AJ & FS have had very little interaction. They had 1 shared spotlight moment, Bats, & all THAT did was show how little AJ understands FS & vice versa. AJ had 0 trust in FS's ability to help the bat problem in her way, instead preferring to force FS to do things her way, not the way of the one whose job it is to take care of animals... This blatantly shows how little AJ trusts & understands FS, & kind of makes it hard to recommend her... I mean, on paper & looking at the positives, it sounds amazing. However once you realize how little they know each other... I'd rather not use AJ.

Twilight;

This is one I like quite a bit, truthfully. These 2 have had decent interaction, & since her alicornification, Twilight now has the ability to go to Cloudsdale whenever she wants. This widens her places to talk & help FS. Also, Twilight has gone through not one, but 2 of her own times of being thrust into unfamiliar situations & awkward moments. Firstly, going to Ponyville. This is the story of basically anyone who has ever moved to a new place & had to work with people they had no idea what they were like & what to do with. So she had to gain the friendship of each of them one by one. Secondly, she had to deal with becoming a Princess. Imagine the amount of pressure from THAT, as well as the attention garnered from that. That would be a serious detour from her old situation, & I would be lying if I said that didn't deserve some attention. Both of these events show that Twilight has had to deal with bad situations like these, & holy crap would it require some serious constitution on her part to keep up a good exterior with all the internal turmoil she must be going though. She would also be able to use the remaining Mane 4's strengths to help FS become a better pony overall. She was able to use the strengths of others to help Luna, I am sure she could do the same even easier with FS.

Flaws. Biggest one is that Twilight... Can be a bit unbalanced. She is easy to crack if she feels she has failed in her duties, & I worry if FS took too long to grow Twi would end up cracking under the pressure. Not the worst of all of the bad sides, since it is her issues & not FS's that are the big problem (since really FS is not the strongest in self esteem, the easiest way for her to crack is if one of her friends pushes her too far... I am worried that would happen with the other 3) but it would be worth pointing out that it would be... Problematic.

Rarity;

This one, despite me preferring Twilight personally, actually has probably the best chance of helping FS. Other than RD, FS & Rarity have had the best interactions in the show, with one of them being my all time favorite episode, Filli Vanilli (ok it got brought up one more time, sorry), & the other being a really good episode as well, Green Isn't Your Color. Both show that Rarity is actually surprisingly good at talking to FS, & that they spend quite a bit of free time together. Rarity is actually quite balanced in terms of talking to others while keeping the ability to be secluded & quiet at times. She is very good at talking FS down from her more upset moments. I truly think Rarity would be the best for showing FS how to be open without losing what makes FS herself.

Bad parts are... Ugh I cannot find any major ones, tbh. I truly feel Rarity keeps things pretty tight between her & FS, they spend a lot of time together, the one moment where Rarity didn't perform perfectly with FS isn't as overly excited as Pinkie's or blatantly pushy as AJ's, & Rarity does seem to understand what makes FS FS. I guess you could argue she was a bit blind on the Green Isn't Your Color deal but it could have been much, much worse...

So it appears survery says that the best ponies (of the remaining mane 5) to help FS be more confident are... Twilight and Rarity!

Did I just make an over 5.8k characters & counting deal for which of the remaining Mane 5 would be best suited for helping FS get more confidence? Hell yeah!

*What I am pretending to feel like*

Awesome01.gif

*What I really feel like*

Funny01.gif

Personally, I love her shy nature, but there is much, much more to her than that... I personally find everything about her endearing, & I wouldn't mind her getting some strength up for herself. I wouldn't mind if she stayed exactly the same, I wouldn't mind if she became a whole different pony; FlutterShy is FlutterShy.

I like you. However as fun as all this is the fact remains that if they were going to help flutters with her self esteem they would of done it already. And they have... in a way. Also in a show about friendship they rarely go outside their clique. This would fix that AND help develop her character in one go. Bulk Biceps seems to be one of the best choices.

• Brohoof 1

I like you. However as fun as all this is the fact remains that if they were going to help flutters with her self esteem they would of done it already. And they have... in a way. Also in a show about friendship they rarely go outside their clique. This would fix that AND help develop her character in one go. Bulk Biceps seems to be one of the best choices.

Well... Thing is, I wanted to stick to her best friends. Why? Well because;

1. We know them the best, we know how they could help her, & they would be the most likely to be whom she would go to in her time of need.

2. Bulk Biceps is an outgoing guy who, while seeming nice, really hasn't done much & we truly don't know if he would be a good help. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. We don't know for certain. I'm not saying he CAN'T help her, I honestly think the writers could do it if they want too, it is just compared to them using the remaining Mane 5 it is... Unlikely.

3. In response to why her friends have not done it yet, we haven't seen FlutterShy herself directly ask for assistance from them. In fact, the last time we saw her trying to do anything to directly change herself (outside of the little changes, like singing in front of her animals or helping with the hurricane) was with Iron Will, which perpetually scared her into not wanting to change. This leads me to 2 theories why her friends might be hesitant to change her;

A. They do not want to push her to fast/before she asks. They might be scared to ask her if she wants to change, due to the fact that her last change ended very badly. Her friends could be anywhere from worried she might become FlutterRage too worried pushing her might make her upset with the memories of her attitude. This would certainly cause hesitation & a lack of want to do something in the idea of changing her personality.

B. Either they feel or FlutterShy has expressed the desire to wait before trying to change again. This could be a silent pact made, or maybe even some sort of agreement outside of the show. However it would stop them from trying to change FlutterShy without her express permission for the same reasons as A.

I would actually like to recommend a different option for a secondary character helping her; Princess Luna. After being helped by FlutterShy, she attempts to bring FlutterShy out her shell. This would be a very good reverse of roles, so to speak, with Luna trying to get FlutterShy to be louder & more open about herself, while FlutterShy is constantly trying to get Luna to be quieter & more willing to allow people to talk over her. This would create a very good black & white scenario, & I think it could lead to some really funny moments that end's with them falling in love & LunaShy becoming OTP!!! & create a very nice episode.

I am not saying Bulk couldn't work, however I feel that if anyone were to change her it would be her friends, specifically Twilight or Rarity yielding the best results. Whether it be fear or a silent pact, FlutterShy has not tried to change who she is since Putting Your Hoof Down, & does not show any hurry to do so. Maybe one day the show will address this, but for right now we can only speculate on whom would be the best help in her endeavors, & truthfully Bulk just seems more like a fun little gag at this point than a true blue secondary character. Maybe this will change, maybe not. All I can say for certain is that I would most likely count her friends as being her escape from her shell, with the exception of Luna & Bulk being options, but not the most likely picks in my eyes.

PS I like you too lol, thank you ^^

• Brohoof 1

Well... Thing is, I wanted to stick to her best friends. Why? Well because;

1. We know them the best, we know how they could help her, & they would be the most likely to be whom she would go to in her time of need.

2. Bulk Biceps is an outgoing guy who, while seeming nice, really hasn't done much & we truly don't know if he would be a good help. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. We don't know for certain. I'm not saying he CAN'T help her, I honestly think the writers could do it if they want too, it is just compared to them using the remaining Mane 5 it is... Unlikely.

3. In response to why her friends have not done it yet, we haven't seen FlutterShy herself directly ask for assistance from them. In fact, the last time we saw her trying to do anything to directly change herself (outside of the little changes, like singing in front of her animals or helping with the hurricane) was with Iron Will, which perpetually scared her into not wanting to change. This leads me to 2 theories why her friends might be hesitant to change her;

A. They do not want to push her to fast/before she asks. They might be scared to ask her if she wants to change, due to the fact that her last change ended very badly. Her friends could be anywhere from worried she might become FlutterRage too worried pushing her might make her upset with the memories of her attitude. This would certainly cause hesitation & a lack of want to do something in the idea of changing her personality.

B. Either they feel or FlutterShy has expressed the desire to wait before trying to change again. This could be a silent pact made, or maybe even some sort of agreement outside of the show. However it would stop them from trying to change FlutterShy without her express permission for the same reasons as A.

I would actually like to recommend a different option for a secondary character helping her; Princess Luna. After being helped by FlutterShy, she attempts to bring FlutterShy out her shell. This would be a very good reverse of roles, so to speak, with Luna trying to get FlutterShy to be louder & more open about herself, while FlutterShy is constantly trying to get Luna to be quieter & more willing to allow people to talk over her. This would create a very good black & white scenario, & I think it could lead to some really funny moments that end's with them falling in love & LunaShy becoming OTP!!! & create a very nice episode.

I am not saying Bulk couldn't work, however I feel that if anyone were to change her it would be her friends, specifically Twilight or Rarity yielding the best results. Whether it be fear or a silent pact, FlutterShy has not tried to change who she is since Putting Your Hoof Down, & does not show any hurry to do so. Maybe one day the show will address this, but for right now we can only speculate on whom would be the best help in her endeavors, & truthfully Bulk just seems more like a fun little gag at this point than a true blue secondary character. Maybe this will change, maybe not. All I can say for certain is that I would most likely count her friends as being her escape from her shell, with the exception of Luna & Bulk being options, but not the most likely picks in my eyes.

PS I like you too lol, thank you ^^

There is something I want to point out in your thinking. Yes bulk has not done a lot, but he also has not had a lot of screen time. If he doesnt get the screen time he cannot do more. If he cannot do more then he would not qualify for screen time that he needs.

In other words if you do not explore his character because his character has not been explored that much then he will never be fleshed out. It is not only for flutters but for Bulk as well.

Anything that brings the return of Iron will back into the show or just back into the fandom is great for me!

Love the concept art as well haha!

She has come a long way, maybe this team could do things like taking her message to the rest of the ponies in equestria and help the self esteem of all of the ponies! :D

• Brohoof 1

There is something I want to point out in your thinking. Yes bulk has not done a lot, but he also has not had a lot of screen time. If he doesnt get the screen time he cannot do more. If he cannot do more then he would not qualify for screen time that he needs.

In other words if you do not explore his character because his character has not been explored that much then he will never be fleshed out. It is not only for flutters but for Bulk as well.

That's what I'm saying though. We don't have any hardcore knowledge of him. That's why I'm not saying it will or won't work, since we don't know enough about him we can't tell for sure whether or not he'all be able to help FS or not. It could work, but I'd put more faith in her friends

That's what I'm saying though. We don't have any hardcore knowledge of him. That's why I'm not saying it will or won't work, since we don't know enough about him we can't tell for sure whether or not he'all be able to help FS or not. It could work, but I'd put more faith in her friends

I can see that. From what we do know about him though I can say this. He grew up around pegesi who are pretty notorious for picking on weak fliers. It would only be natural to assume that he was picked on the same as Flutters. It then could be reasoned that he trained to be able to fly to show up those jerks, and he trained so hard that he became the bulk we know. Instead of shrinking away he said "YEAH!!" he battled negativity by being super confident and sure of himself. Its that " be his own stallion" additude that lets him be a cheerleader with fluttershy and still flex like a macho colt. He is probably similar to Scootaloo in his wing problem but through sheer force of will and working out he beat the odds. Its all speculation but thats pretty inspiring none the less, and someone flutters clearly enjoys the company of. I think he could be a really interesting story.

Edited by Buck Testa

I can see that. From what we do know about him though I can say this. He grew up around pegesi who are pretty notorious for picking on weak fliers. It would only be natural to assume that he was picked on the same as Flutters. It then could be reasoned that he trained to be able to fly to show up those jerks, and he trained so hard that he became the bulk we know. Instead of shrinking away he said "YEAH!!" he battled negitivity by being super confident and sure of himself. Its that " be his own stallion" additude that lets him be a cheerleader with fluttershy and still flex like a macho colt. He is probably similar to Scootaloo in his wing problem but through sheer force of will and working out he beat the odds. Its all speculation but thats pretty inspiring none the less, and someone flutters clearly enjoys the company of. I think he could be a really interesting story.

Like I said, no reason for it not to work, & your reasoning other pretty sound. I am just worried Flutters might not reciprocate the feelings. My biggest stickler when it came yo deciding who would be best to help her was they needed to be extremely close. Yes, Flutters & Bulk are close, but I'm not sure if they are close enough for her to open up to him. Like I said, she might be too scared to try & change her personality. Therefore someone like Bulk might not be close enough to her. I'm not saying they aren't, but I would like some background on their history (if any) between each other before I'd be fully convinced

It seems to some level she wants to get out of her shell (she likes performing [testing testing, filli], She didn't seem happy when Twily said "hi," and she was proud of her "assertiveness" in Rainboom.)

@@Buck Testa, Why don't you think the team is doing a great job?  Within only a few years she went from "I'm Fluttershy" to front of the crowd asking Cheese "Are you really an official party planner"

I'm not shy, but I'm very introverted and I wouldn't have been in the middle of that crowd.

Pinkie Pie would be the one who could most fall into that role. 

That's a joke right? 

I love Pinkie, but she's too excitable to be in charge of this (unless you're looking for a gag episode).  (Filli)  When she sees true progress [and Flutters doesn't], Pinkie ends up saying hurtful things by mistake.

@SpaceOnion Ha! Thats just plain funny right there XD

@Paradoxical I am not saying they are doing a bad job per say but Flutters is more than shy, she has crippling social anxiety and other issues that need all the help she can get. I deal with similar stuff and I can become anti social without even realizing it, people like this help bust those thoughts and habbits.