Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Widdershins well, i believe she's simply very overwhelmed and out of her element at the moment. she's typically very reclusive, and up until that very moment she'd only ever had to deal with one or two beings at a time. all of a sudden, she's thrust onto a busy train station platform where she's bumping shoulders with dozens of ponies she's unfamiliar with, and i think you have a recipe for disaster. more specifically, somepony having an anxiety attack and fainting. 

let's keep in mind, that it's in her instinct to NOT be in that kind of situation. hence why she normally wears cloaks when she does go into town once on a blue moon, and a very small town market at that. 

it's most definitely something that's going to overwhelm somepony. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh! That does remind me! I wanted to have a little character come pawing into the sitting room with @Foxy Socks! One, I'm sure might prove momentarily hilarious what with her history in dealing with animals! Admittedly, she'd be a cannonical character, but one I'm certain I don't need any practice first to do. Specially since they don't talk!

• Brohoof 2

Man I'm behind on responding here. Alright, let's take it one post at a time then. :)

=========================================================================

Sorry for not seeing your response for so long dude. :( Let's cover it right away, alright?

Basically, I think that he can sense the elements, but only if they are out of the protection set up for them. In the temples, shrines, etc. that they are originally housed in, it would be warded against that, and in the case of Scorn's bag, it have been as well. However, things such as the one brought to Canterlot that he found he can sense when close enough, as it had been removed from those kinds of things. We may well have some elements that were removed by looters or adventurers and stashed somewhere, as an example.

========================================================================

@genessee

No worries, everything turned out okay. ^^ Just wanted to make sure.

==========================================================================

@Widdershins @Dji

You can use Kaltrops to speak with one of the others if it is. Spicy is still there, and since he have called out for her before, it seems like he might consider her a point of stability on some level. With everything going on around them, he might in his own way try to get her to focus on him, so he'd be more at ease. :) Just an idea of course.

I thinkt he element thing is still goinna happen, yes. Though to be on the safe side, let's bring in the man and ask him

...T hat means you @Lloyd :P

And Widders, to be fair, having a boastful one as your first char tends to make people wanna play with you less. The more self-deprecating, shy, and/or doofus chars however, tends to be welcomed more. It's a good start to things. :) Granted, I began with a crazy filly who makes explosives, but this isn't my first rodeo. :P

And Dji, if Kaltrops didn't complain, I think it would ruin his character somewhat. Whiny seems to be his defined character trait. :P hehe.

===============================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Well, they might be, depending on the speeds she is going on. She is technically in another phase (had wanted another room, but with the silk going away, that idea had to be scrapped to keep things going) and can't interact with ponies, but I never did specify items. Could be that some items aren't fully integrated, and instead is at points where you could theoretically pass through the *scenes*. Sloppy work by Anomaly, but I have some idea as to why it's like that.

Also, I believe what @Widdershins is suggesting is a certain pony's cat. Only canonical animal I know off that would be there, though it remains to be seen of course. :)

(And yes, I approve of this too Widders. Go for it)

=================================================================================

@dragon4111

It's okay, we're still here. :)

2 hours ago, Dji said:

Why does having a whiny character make me laugh? Especially when it’s a dragon of all things!?

Cause that's kind of what I was aiming for.

You can be a quarter-ton, fire-breathing (though really, I have him with Spike's magic breath, which is probably weaker then actual fire breath, but none less destructive.) reptile... but that doesn't mean you still don't have emotional turmoil to deal with!

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz boom

Oh look, its the second worst thing you can do with a Draconequus! Not notice their performance! Not sure if that's worse then actually getting their humor.

Oh, and figured I'd give @Foxy Socks a little animal to compete against! You can like animals, but you still have to admit there's the occasional bad egg among them still!

... is it obvious that I used to have a real mean tomcat around our house as a kid? That make me a bit Cat-ist? 

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

It's obvious, yes. :P As someone who grew up with cats, I've seen a little of everything, and the ones who likes to push things down and be a foil to a pleasant evening are rather tricky to be around. Still nice and lovely if you fiind out how to be on their good side. ^^

I had one of the tough ones that acted like that a lot. I saw her beat up a Rottweiler for trying to be friends with her. Mental little furball, but I loved her. ^^

• Brohoof 1

2. The train station is filled with materials or discarded items not slated to be reused, so I have closed it down for non-essential travel. It will not reopen for at least another 16 hours."

@Blitz Boom      Hmm.  So any incoming characters are put off for the time being? Particularly if they could only come by train?

You wanted me to introduce Ambie's parents, right? That would be an interesting hurdle to overcome. You'd have to be pretty... assertive, to make it through a basic blockade like that.

Aww, durn. We didn't spend nearly enough time having Rainbow Daish trapped in quivering tentacles!

...u-uhm...

I like tantacles! I like Daish! It's only common senses that I would see no wrong in putting the two together!

Oh, and one other thing too, while we're at it. A simpimple question oof...

Where did you get that new pony creator?!!? Gimmie dait! Iz gorgeous!

Gimmie dait, or I'll kill Literally Everything! I mean it! I'll kill this Lava Lamp! This perfectly innocent Lava Lamp!

...put that back already... 

@everyone 

If anyone wants to add in a hero character for an adventure, there is a banquet scene taking place to which many heroes will have been invited with the intention of putting together a team to fight evil.  These are not meant to be super heroes, but that’s not entirely out of the question either as long as the abilities aren’t too extreme as they will be fighting alongside a hero from ancient times.  One thing that I must mention first is that there will eventually be a bit of god modding against these characters.  It will make more sense when the time comes, but for now I would prefer to keep the details a surprise.  Of course, the characters would have to be approved by Blitz as usual.

@Widdershins

H-Hey, relax, there's no need to hurt that lava lamp. Just... Put it down, okay? I'll tell.

The creator I used before stopped working, and I couldn't find a working version at the time, so I ran over a few alternatives. and eventually landed on this one http://www.dolldivine.com/flutter-bug.php

I didn't think it would go anywhere, as it's actually for making a pony inspired bug, but fiddling around a little did wonders,a nd well... Fragrant Rose was made. :)

As for the trains, Last have closed down the station, but she can't stop the train itself, as it needs to run the tracks. Mostly this is for stopping the locals from messing around there  and nick materials or get hit by rubble, and if anypony tries to get off an incoming train, there is a guard to tell them that the station is momentarily closed for safety reasons. Now if somepony wanted to jump off anyway though, he couldn't stop them as it isn't technically illegal, but he could steer them clear of the important, closed area at least.

So yeah, characters can get here, but they will have to want it and not be deterred by a guard saying that it isn't open. And no, Last haven't gotten word to the trains in general to just not stop there for the time being, as she is busy and the one she delegated to do so, have snuck off to take a nap. It should leave you time to have Ambie's parents get off the train, but likely not get out that way again until the day after.

...This does remind me that Benny was supposed to leave with Null and Void.... This should get interesting.

And as for what you're saying @~Phoenix~, I actually have a fun idea on how to get you out of there, that I got from talking with Widdershins. He made a suggestions I want to meddle with. :P

==================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

I may or may not have somepony show up eventually. I have a bundle of OC's I haven't had the chance to use in a while, and some of them could be categorized as heroes.

Pity Last is out of commission, or she would have done well. ^^ Though, if I want a brutish mare who solves issues by hitting them... I could always use Brute Force. I'll have to think on this, but that sure is an option.

5 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

a fun idea on how to get you out of there, that I got from talking with Widdershins. He made a suggestions I want to meddle with. :P

I don't know if collaborating with @Widdershins is necessarily a good idea... especially when I'm the one at the end of the barrel... 

Suppose I'll be left pondering. I already have a few ideas of my own. I'd be interested to see if any of them match up with yours :P

Blood is back from space, anything happening?

On 11/7/2017 at 1:30 AM, Seamore Sandwich said:

@everyone 

If anyone wants to add in a hero character for an adventure, there is a banquet scene taking place to which many heroes will have been invited with the intention of putting together a team to fight evil.  These are not meant to be super heroes, but that’s not entirely out of the question either as long as the abilities aren’t too extreme as they will be fighting alongside a hero from ancient times.  One thing that I must mention first is that there will eventually be a bit of god modding against these characters.  It will make more sense when the time comes, but for now I would prefer to keep the details a surprise.  Of course, the characters would have to be approved by Blitz as usual.

Evil Zombie shall crash this party!!!! Or should i say town?

Muhahaha

Edited by BloodDrops

So, Dear @Blitz Boom, What I had in mind for Ambie's parents. 

Thing is, since Ambie is loosely based on myself; so too are his parents exaggerated parallels to my own. Considering how my actual parents already are basically cartoon characters anyway (like 40s cartoon characters, or something of the sort of Lil' Abner or Mutt & Jeff) that ought explain quite a fair bit.

What I had in mind, is that Victoria Vector Valence has a fair bit of rightful influence behind her pompous, sterotypical Canterlot elite facade. She had enough political clout to force an earth pony through a Unicorn-only school after all. I had the idea that, considering how Ambie pretty much left without a word and her being the overprotective sort to not take no for an answer would immediately stomp out there as soon as she could, regardless of what got in her way. She's the sort of mother to stare down a dragon into minding himself.

Quark... is basically what I think Mr.Bean is. The sort the ruin everyone's day if he's ever left alone for more then a minute at a time. I needed a reason the heavily structured hive wouldn't concern themselves too much with him gone. Besides, I love the "clumsy spy bumbles into an unforseen romance" trope!

Kinda of had the notion they'd blow into town as quick as possible without much of any warning and Victoria would immediately start barking orders & acting surprised and disgusted that all the commonfolk aren't immediately acquiescing to her demands and scuttling out of the way like they do in Canterlot.

I don't have anything written down to give you before... if that's needed, and you still want to follow that trained, Train train of thought.

I do have an entry for my Storm Creature OC though...       

@BloodDrops

Someyhing you should know: the banquet is not in Ponyville. It's some way from there, in an undisclosed location within a temple, and not something that can even be seen from Ponyville. You're gonna need to change things a teensie bit before things become muddled up here. Wouldn't be nice to do to to Seamore.

Other than that, welcome back. ^_^ Don't kill everypony. :P

======================================

@Widdershins

I like them. Mr. Bean is always good, and having somepony waltz in and think they can bark orders in the middle of rebuilding will be interesting. I doubt the couriers would listen frankly, but we'll see about the locals.

I am curious about what you mean with a Storm OC. Can you elaborate?

Oh, and P.S. if you want to have Doofus Ri- I mean, Quark, wander off at some point (seems like he might end up doing so from what I understand) do tell. I may have some fun ideas if it comes to that. :)

@BloodDrops

No, no killing ponies. Bad zombie!

One thing though, before you eat us all Shaun of the Dead style: She have been gone for less than a day. :P I assume though that this may just be her bad memory making her think it have been weeks, but I just wanna ask you to make triply sure. ^^

3 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@BloodDrops

No, no killing ponies. Bad zombie!

One thing though, before you eat us all Shaun of the Dead style: She have been gone for less than a day. :P I assume though that this may just be her bad memory making her think it have been weeks, but I just wanna ask you to make triply sure. ^^

Blood has reached a new milestone in her mutation it currently is 90% Feral. She has gained the new perk: Flesh Eater 

• Brohoof 1

Well, in essence, I'm asking permission to barge in & when is the best time to do so. 

I don't quite get the "Ri-" part there, but in the spirit of not catching gists:

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I am curious about what you mean with a Storm OC. Can you elaborate?

Oh, I forgot you don't keep up with the show! You've heard about the movie coming out? Kind of changed a fair bit in the continuity of the world. For one, Anthro characters are completely viable in Equestria now. I suppose the only rule to Equestrian species is that they not look too blatantly humanoid. Kluge Town feels like a wonderful place for RPs now, and I have a naga set up there; but to answer your question...

Storm Creatures were the goon species to the ultimate Bad Guy in the movie. Sorta like... big yetis. Kinda. In fact, a whole lotta species cropped up now because of the movie's world building. I'm sure you all know why I immediately latched onto the least developed and decidedly un-mainstream species!

5 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Blood has reached a new milestone in her mutation it currently is 90% Feral.

I... I don't get how you could possibly RP a being with barely any sapience left. Would all you do then just simply be "I'm gonna bite that! Then I'm gonna bite that!" I fear you might be aspiring yourself into a corner.

YOu can bite me! I'm basically, technically, kind of Immortal! WHO KNOWS WHAT'D HAPPEN!! 

This is made even more hilarious by the fact my author may genuinely think you might actually be an actual zombie. Rping zombie bros with you may be just the absolute best way to squick him out!!

D-don't! That's not at all an invitation! You do you! Over there where you're already doing it!

@Widdershins

Aaaah, like that. I get ya now. ^^ I'll check up more on the movie races one of these days to get a better picture of things.

I did see some funny-looking parrot pirates? I think it was something like that at least, and they seemed pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1