Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

Oh... Okay

I made a troll team based on 6 Pokemon from a random Pokemon generator, one that was specifically designed NOT to work, and got a 3-0 win on my first battle...

This is the team:

Xatu @ Light Clay

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Tailwind
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Masquerain @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Hydro Pump

Watchog @ Wide Lens
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Super Fang
- Confuse Ray
- Protect

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Wobbuffet @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

I would show you the replay but I forgot to save it :'(

Welp, now only the E4 and Steven remains.

Anyway, I just realized something. The E4 can be sweeped by Mega Mawile alone ._.

I mean Mawile usually use Crunch/Play Rough/Iron Head. He's super strong and bulky at the same time. (Just saying..)

Also, caught a Bagon :D

Now I just need to catch Larvesta ._. 

• Brohoof 1

After a month of missing my 2DS (seriously, how do you lose that -_-), i've finally managed to find it again. That means i'll not only be able to play AS, I can bring out my already finished Y game as well and start playing online again. Seems I won't be getting into the new metagame for some time, though...

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you for making this thread so big!

Keep the posts coming :)

Friendlist it up!

4356-0599-4945

I Just started replaying as May ( beaten and captured all legendarys as Brendon) after I banked my goodies, st-st-st-stoooooooooooockpile them rares yo!

Also, Fantasy Life!

My Shiny Mightyena 100lvl, Ruka...grrrrrr, lover!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright boys, I think I've got a pretty good team down, pending some additional changes if necessary:

Latias

Excadrill

Sylveon

Sableye (mega available)

Gyarados (mega available)

Volcarona

I decided to cut out Breloom and his replacement Serperior (because I felt they didn't synergize with the team very well) in favor of bulky Gyarados. Now I finally have answers to hard hitting physical Fire types. Though, I might have to cut out Sylveon, breaking my heart in the process, if Gyarados doesn't do his job.

I honestly wasn't expecting Excadrill to carry as hard as he is right now. He's a surprisingly effective answer to smogonbird, as well as many other flying threats due to his knowing Rock Slide. In addition, he's an amazing Greninja revenge killer. Latias has also been putting in some serious work against 'mons weak to Ice Beam, which is awesome because I would never replace her for anymon, except maybe her brother.

Finally finished AS. Beat the game team:

Plusle

Minun
Mawile
Crobat
Swampert
Gardevoir

Restrictions:
No switching

No items

I was surprised; Plusle and Minun finished 4/8 gyms and 1 of the Elite 4 by themselves, and I was 6 or 7 levels under at the time(they're only 52/3 now). Caught Rayquaza, finished the Delta episode, Imported all of my Y pokemon... all I need is to beat the battle Maison and i'm ready to go back online.

Alright boys, I think I've got a pretty good team down, pending some additional changes if necessary:

Latias

Excadrill

Sylveon

Sableye (mega available)

Gyarados (mega available)

Volcarona

I decided to cut out Breloom and his replacement Serperior (because I felt they didn't synergize with the team very well) in favor of bulky Gyarados. Now I finally have answers to hard hitting physical Fire types. Though, I might have to cut out Sylveon, breaking my heart in the process, if Gyarados doesn't do his job.

I honestly wasn't expecting Excadrill to carry as hard as he is right now. He's a surprisingly effective answer to smogonbird, as well as many other flying threats due to his knowing Rock Slide. In addition, he's an amazing Greninja revenge killer. Latias has also been putting in some serious work against 'mons weak to Ice Beam, which is awesome because I would never replace her for anymon, except maybe her brother.

No holes there, it even counters Uber teams and M-Quaza if you're playing online(although Primal Kyogre might give you some hell unless you're packing Soul Dew). Good job.  :lol:

edit: also, Gyarados... the bane of my Talonflame's existence.  :blink:

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3919597879297

I know it isn't ORAS related, but this is probably the most hype battle in the anime I've ever seen. Starts at about 4:10. Dat music, dose stakes (the Pewter Gym gets shut down if Forrest loses), everything's fucking awesome!

...I might be biased, though.

Maybe.

A little.

EDIT: Yeah, I found a hugely better quality version after using the magic that is Google. So, no more embed. Sue me.

Edited by SirOfScience