Venomous

Welp, just defeated the League a second time. Team:

Latias, level 89

Blaziken, level 79

Sylveon, level 72

Volcarona, level 67

Breloom, carried

Sableye, carried

Basically, I would just set up a sweep with Sylveon with Calm Mind + Baton Pass to Latias, then she would take care of the rest. For ice woman I just owned her with Blaziken. Steven was a close call, but a 3 Calm Minded Mega Latias annihilated his Mega Metagross in the end. Steven was also the only guy where Volcarona saw play against Skarmory.

Kinda forgot about this. I ended up getting Omega Ruby and starting with a Mudkip, and this is my current team:

-Uliek? (Swampert) LV 76

-Notice Me! (Gardevoir) LV 75

-Let it Go! (Froslass) LV 75

-ShadeMan (Crobat) LV 79

-Barkley 2.0 (Manectric) LV 74

-Blaziken (Blaziken) LV 77

About Bases, if I wanted to find one of your guys' base, how would i do that? Also how would i let you all know where mine is?

you give us you base QR code if you want to give use the location of your base we give you our base QR code if we want to give you our base location to get a qr code you go in to your base computer and there should be and option

hmm ill figure out how to pull that off, but if this works, hit me up..

Friend code: 1032-2180-8799

If you want to share your Secret Base, here's how it works - go to your Secret Base and boot up the PC. There, you'll find an option about QR Codes. Select that, and choose an option that allows you to share your QR Code. It'll save it onto your SD Card. I hope that helps. :3

So, I've just finished battle 40 in Super Singles in the Battle Maison, and I'm super fucking scared the AI is going to completely hax cheese me.

I've been rolling with this for a very long time through battles 20-40:

Sylveon lead @ Leftovers

Calm Mind

Baton Pass

Toxic

Hyper Voice

Latias @ Latiasite

Psyshock

Dragon Pulse

Psychic

Recover

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf

Earthquake

Iron Head

Rapid Spin

Rock Slide

What I'm afraid of is a physical sweeper that can survive enough hits from my 'mons to be able to put me at a disadvantage, and then clean up when I have little to no options left for switching. I've already had a close call with a Belly Drum Drizzle Politoed that bopped Sylveon, and a Starmie that bopped Excadrill after he got his Earthquake in. Fortunately, the remaining Vaporeon missed Latias 4 times in a row with Blizzard (81/1000 chance), and I smashed my way through its Yawn hax with Psyshock spam.

A Rampardos showed up a bit later, and I was so afraid it would bop Excadrill with an Earthquake, but instead it tried to slam jam with Head Smash, and it was an easy win from there.

I have a Breloom, a Volcarona, and a Sableye waiting in the wings. Breloom instead of Excadrill seems to attract Skuntanks galore. Should I change anything? Maybe finally replace Latias' Psychic with Tailwind and Dragon Pulse with Draco Meteor?

• Brohoof 1

Alright people. I'll be frank, try to stay away from those remakes. Not because they're bad, because they're not, but because they're probably going to remake Emerald too. I mean, they remade the original Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver, and now they're remaking Ruby and Sapphire. And since the universes of Ruby and Sapphire coincide with Pokemon Emerald, it's not too Farfetch'd an idea to think that they'll remake the entire set. Besides, they'll think of some new OP move or aomething for Rayquaza to learn when you catch it in the main storyline, and you'll be able to catch Kyogre and Groudon in it too, just like in the original game.

Edited by EnderPrince

but because they're probably going to remake Emerald too.

Sorry, but this is very unlikely to happen.

1.) A remake of Yellow was not done when Red and Green got remakes during Gen III.

2.) A remake of Crystal was not done when Gold and Silver got remakes during Gen IV. In addition, Crystal's storyline with Suicune was incorporated into HeartGold and SoulSilver.

3.) Remakes in the past that were coincidental with their originals. Why, then, did the third version not get remade in either case? 

4.) The Delta Episode contains the storyline pertaining to Rayquaza within ORAS after you defeat the Pokemon League for the first time.

To remake Emerald would be incredibly stupid. It would offer nothing new to the games like the third versions of Gens II, III, and IV did. A huge amount of Legendaries may be captured in ORAS using the Soaring mechanic, and combined with X and Y, all Legendaries able to be caught in the wild are obtainable, so "Delta Emerald" would not offer much in that department either.

It is much more likely, therefore, to see either a Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2 and Y2 before Gen VI ends.

• Brohoof 2

Alright people. I'll be frank, try to stay away from those remakes. Not because they're bad, because they're not, but because they're probably going to remake Emerald too. I mean, they remade the original Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver, and now they're remaking Ruby and Sapphire. And since the universes of Ruby and Sapphire coincide with Pokemon Emerald, it's not too Farfetch'd an idea to think that they'll remake the entire set. Besides, they'll think of some new OP move or aomething for Rayquaza to learn when you catch it in the main storyline, and you'll be able to catch Kyogre and Groudon in it too, just like in the original game.

Woah woah woah, hold up for a minute. Isn't it too early to make a judgement like this? ORAS are still new, and Game Freak aren't that naive to make something that has already been done a few months back. The closest we're going to get is the Delta Emerald Episode, which has enough story and other things to offer. Really, I think GF is doing something similar to HeartGold and SoulSilver. You can take on the Suicune sidequest with Eusine and all, similar to what happened in Crystal. It didn't have the exact same plot as Crystal, but it shared elements of it. Not just that, but GF would most likely still carry the usual tradition of two remakes.

That isn't to say that I disagree with your entire opinion, however. From some information I gathered, Pokémon is actually not doing well in its originating country, due to the success of another franchise similar to it. Because of that, I think that GF knows they have to step up their game. This year, I think we'll most likely get something like Z or X2/Y2, but the chances of an Emerald remake may happen since it's the big thing when it comes to marketing as of now.

Even still, I wouldn't really insist anybody to stay away from the remakes. As I said, ORAS are still new, and we don't work for GF. Who knows what they have up their sleeve for this year?

Edited by Bill Cipher
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry, but this is very unlikely to happen.

1.) A remake of Yellow was not done when Red and Green got remakes during Gen III.

2.) A remake of Crystal was not done when Gold and Silver got remakes during Gen IV. In addition, Crystal's storyline with Suicune was incorporated into HeartGold and SoulSilver.

3.) Remakes in the past that were coincidental with their originals. Why, then, did the third version not get remade in either case? 

4.) The Delta Episode contains the storyline pertaining to Rayquaza within ORAS after you defeat the Pokemon League for the first time.

To remake Emerald would be incredibly stupid. It would offer nothing new to the games like the third versions of Gens II, III, and IV did. A huge amount of Legendaries may be captured in ORAS using the Soaring mechanic, and combined with X and Y, all Legendaries able to be caught in the wild are obtainable, so "Delta Emerald" would not offer much in that department either.

It is much more likely, therefore, to see either a Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2 and Y2 before Gen VI ends.

Let's admit it. The pokemon company's running out of ideas. This is a lot more likely to happen now than it was back in the day.

Let's admit it. The pokemon company's running out of ideas. This is a lot more likely to happen now than it was back in the day.

You know, whenever I hear somebody say "Pokémon is running out of ideas", I think of the opposite. You know how some people don't like Pokémon because they say it's too repetitive? I think that is what Game Freak is stuck with at the moment. They do make great things, but they've been following the same gameplay mechanics since the days of Red/Blue. I think that's mostly the reason why it isn't a success today as it was back in the past.

However! I honestly think that even all of those years, I don't think they're out of ideas right now. Sure, they'll might run out in the next 10+ years, but this series is still going strong. I also remember watching a video about the quality of the series, and how it talks about GF not running out of ideas, more than they make stupid ones. I'd suggest you also read this. It's a blog I made a while back and points out some things.

You know, whenever I hear somebody say "Pokémon is running out of ideas", I think of the opposite. You know how some people don't like Pokémon because they say it's too repetitive? I think that is what Game Freak is stuck with at the moment. They do make great things, but they've been following the same gameplay mechanics since the days of Red/Blue. I think that's mostly the reason why it isn't a success today as it was back in the past.

However! I honestly think that even all of those years, I don't think they're out of ideas right now. Sure, they'll might run out in the next 10+ years, but this series is still going strong. I also remember watching a video about the quality of the series, and how it talks about GF not running out of ideas, more than they make stupid ones. I'd suggest you also read this. It's a blog I made a while back and points out some things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Pokemon fan. I just think that the franchise is kinda milking it.

• Brohoof 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Pokemon fan. I just think that the franchise is kinda milking it.

And I respect your opinion. That blog was made a few months ago, and my opinion has changed a little overtime. If you think that way, then I can understand that. ;)

Hi everypony! How's it going in Pokémon?

Yesterday, I had a battle with Battle Chatelaine Dana in the Super Triple Battle challenge.

Here's the code if you want to see it: T6LW-WWWW-WWX9-M52A

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Hi everypony! How's it going in Pokémon?

Yesterday, I had a battle with Battle Chatelaine Dana in the Super Triple Battle challenge.

Here's the code if you want to see it: T6LW-WWWW-WWX9-M52A

Nice plays!

I had to try twice with my singles oriented team to win. No Helping Hand, no team synergy whilst on the battlefield, no Protect, etc. I went in blind the first time and had my Excadrill in the wrong spot. I was expecting your Swampert to know Rock Slide the whole time.

I just went up against Battle Chatelaine Nita myself, and cheesed her real good. Here's the code:

HPDG-WWWW-WWX9-S4QQ

I'm so happy I didn't get HAX'd on my way to her. I would have been SO upset! In fact, the trainer right before her was a Veteran, and tried to cheese me with Raikou, Heatran, and Latios. Luckily, Mold Breaker saved the day and Excadrill destroyed all three, leaving Latias to clean up after Heatran survived with its Focus Sash.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you! The key to doing Triple Battles is coming up with a strategy that can give support to other team members to let them deal with multiple opponents at once. The strategy I thought up was Tailwind along with the Safeguard + Swagger combo. If Safeguard was up when a Tailwind is in place, Talonflame can use Swagger on Swampert to give it a big boost. Then Swampert can go for the clean sweep!

That was the original strategy I thought up when making my Triple Battle team. The other Pokémon were used for backup.

I also had to withdraw Swampert because I thought Moltres had Solar Beam.

So glad you liked the Battle Video. :)  

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

So I am working on my secondary team: 

Gallade

Flygon

Crawdaunt

Aggron

Froslass

Roserade

I think this team is diverse since they are dual type. I also want to EV Train them, but I have a few questions:

1.Is Super Training easier than the original way?

2. Can you expect the same results from Super Training as you would from EV Training?

Edited by JRex95

So I am working on my secondary team: 

Gallade

Flygon

Crawdaunt

Aggron

Flosslass

Roserade

I think this team is diverse since they are dual type. I also want to EV Train them, but I have a few questions:

1.Is Super Training easier than the original way?

2. Can you expect the same results from Super Training as you would from EV Training?

1. It can be easier, depending on what items you have (And if you have the Pokerus or not)

2. Yes, super training is the exact same as normal EV training