Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

Current team, not very far:

Mudkip lvl. 12

Poochyena lvl. 10

My friend code is 229459665915 if anybody wants to add me.

Two trainers I battled, got their pokemon down to low they kept using growl, and then before I could k.o. their pokemon, they used a full restore. Grr, so angering.

Update: I love my roselia and I hope she's still as cute evolved and as pettable and lovable. I love my Suitaloo Gallade now that he knows a fight type move and can #reck stuff. I got my Lombre fully EV trained so its HP and Sp Def are super high c: Now I wait until I find a water stone so it can evolve. I love my Vaporeon, and it loves me so much along with my roselia. x3 I love Pokemon Amie so much ;w; Sorry, Lombre, when you're evolved you'll be more lovable! Also, I don't think I'll have any Pokemon to mega evolve for the e4.. since my starter was traded I don't have a stone for Blazekin, just one for swampert xD If anyone wants to trade that would be cool c: 

I'm thinking of getting Omega Ruby soon. These days I don't buy the opposite version, but I couldn't help it. These remakes are one of my favourite games in this series. :P

However, I really want to try something different with my team. Normally I'd go with a full team, but I really want to try out a challenge. Definitely not the Nuzlocke Challenge, but something else like a Solo Challenge or a Monotype Challenge. Which challenge do you guys think I should go for?

Now I have a Team but it's not IV lvld because IV stuff is too confusing to learn and it takes the fun out of the game

Anyways my team

Absol lvl 70

Psycho Cut

Night Slash

Ghost Claw

Thunder

Lucario lvl 80

Close Combat

Rock Smash

Aura Sphere

Ghost Claw

Blaizekin lvl 100

Sky Uppercut

Blaze Kick

Blast Burn

Brave Bird

Gardevoir lvl 46 (Not done levelling)

Hypnosis

Psyshock

Magical Leaf

Draining Kiss

Septile lvl 70

Dual Chop

Frenzy Plant

Leaf Blade

Leaf Storm

Metang lvl 34

Bullet Punch

Comet Punch

Hold Back

Iron head

Man, after the Delta episode, the postgame gets to be pretty much the same as X/Y... the dialogue/trainers in the Battle Maison are at least different though, and breeding at the Battle Resort is awesome too... though I'm pretty satisfied with what I've trained in the game for now. Just need to transfer my Pokes from X yet I guess, sometime... just gotta renew Pokémon Bank I guess. :okiedokielokie:

Current team, 3 badges, about to do the Lavaridge Town gym.

Hariyama lvl 28

Rock Tomb

Force Palm

Vital Throw

Fake Out

Mightyena lvl 27

Fire Fang

Assurance

Incinerate

Bite

Marshtomp lvl 28

Mud Bomb 

Rock Smash

Water Gun

Rock Slide

Kadabra lvl 29

Teleport

Confusion

Psycho Cut

Psybeam

Manectric lvl 28

Thunder Wave

Spark

Thunder Fang

Quick Attack

And a Skarmory in daycare to catch up to my other pokemon.
Really enjoying the remake so far. Haven't touched X since I bought it.

Guys, my Absol got Pokerus

Lucky you! How did your Absol caught it?

I remember a few times when my Pokémon caught Pokérus naturally. It only happened on two different Emerald files however. Is this the first time your Pokémon caught Pokérus naturally or has this happened to you before?

Congrats! Use it well, make sure you always have it spread to something and always have something uncured of it left in the box. It shouldn't be too hard to keep though, just shift your party around here and there and you should be good. :P

Congrats! Use it well, make sure you always have it spread to something and always have something uncured of it left in the box. It shouldn't be too hard to keep though, just shift your party around here and there and you should be good. :P

Well, half my team is now infected just from doing a few double battles.

• Brohoof 1

So I thought that I should post my secret base code here.

post-18640-0-39157300-1419166894.jpg

My base is South of Mauville in the waters of route 110. I got alot of strong trainers in my base (some with legendaries), and a level release, so if you use my code and decide to battle, you can get alot of EXP. That's how I trained for my second go at the Elite Four.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I remember when I first caught a Pokemon with Pokerus in my file for White.

It was Kyurem. No, really! I was just rebattling it over and over because I liked its battle theme, and on a whim I decided to catch it after like 5 times. Then, thirty minutes later, I discovered that half of my team had been infected. I don't really make a habit of catching wild Pokemon, especially considering where I was in the game, so there was only one logical conclusion.

Now I have around four "specimens," as I call them, sitting in that file's PC. I don't know how to transfer them forward, or else I would.

Anyways, got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas (a bit late to the party, I know), and after 35 hours of play time, I got through the Delta Episode. Man, the way they deepened (oh, I slay me) the story was awesome.

My team for beating the League:

Blaziken, level 58

Manectric, level 52

Flygon, level 54

Latias, level 54

Azelf, level 52

Kyogre, level 49

I wanted to bring Milotic and Gardevoir to the League instead, but they were too low level by the time I got there. I just opted to annihilate the League by bringing Kyogre and Azelf in their places respectively so I wouldn't have to grind everyone to 60, as was my policy back with the original games.

I'm not sure who to raise next. I know Blaziken and Latias will always be part of my team, but Kyogre is banned for a reason and my Flygon can't take a hit to save his life. I went to the Battle Institute in Mauville and got dumpstered by a Bronzong and a Volcarona. My Flygon knows Rock Slide (ever since he was a wee Trapinch), but as I said, he can't take a hit. Leading with Latias came back to bite me in the ass (dat special wall doe), so Blaziken was stomped on the hard switch in on Bronzong. Anyone have any ideas? 

• Brohoof 1

Wait...so they just give you Latias/Latios holding a Mega Stone? Just like that? No battle, no challenge, just "Here's a free Legendary!". 

I finally know why I have almost had to force myself to play Omega Ruby, despite the fact that Ruby is easily my favorite Pokemon game ever: this game is far too easy even by Pokemon standards. I'm not saying Pokemon has ever been difficult, but in Ruby there were legitimate times when I had to work in order to win and lost several times no matter how many times I've replayed the game. Several of the Gym Leaders and their main Pokemon like Flannery's Torkoal, both Norman's Slakings and the entire first fight with Team Magma's Maxie were actually a challenge, but here I'm steamrolling through the entire game with barely any effort.

Part of the problem is that they barely wait to give you the Exp. Share. If I hadn't turned it off around the third gym, my entire party would easily be around Lv. 40-45 by now, when the level cap is 25-30 for trainers. And now they just give you a Legendary capable of Mega Evolving at the halfway point of the game to make an already easy game even easier. I'm usually not one to invoke the trope "It's Easy, So it Sucks" but in this case it seems appropriate. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

I gotta say, it was so nice to be back on foot in the Hoenn region. I'm still enjoying it after I beat the Champion and I've been breeding and training Pokémon like crazy!

Maybe if I'm available, we could have some Pokémon battles just for fun. Hope everypony here is doing well with their teams.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. This was my reaction when I saw my favourite Pokémon, Gallade Mega Evolve for the first time.

post-20535-0-27969000-1420219580_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I did like to getting one free legendary, but you still had fight off whatever team was attacking them, but it was pretty easy for me. Hey, in your opinion, what is the real end of the main game, getting into the Hall of Fame as always, or defeating or catching Deoyxs, (the last battle of the Delta Episode)? I think the latter is the real end of the game, not the former. Still, I got the point where the Battle Resort is finally accessable, after finishing the Delta Episode. I like the background for the battle with Deoyxs, which I caught, I had also caught Groudon, was trying to save the Masterball, but used it in the end, and Rayquaza, which I am assuming you had to get to finish the Delta Episode. The game had a great story to it, I just wish that the Battle Froniter was remade, but no, they didn't do that. :( Other than that, I will give the game Omega Ruby a 9/10. Not perfect, but still, very good. :)

Edited by Cupcake1990

I got it and i have been hatching eggs for the right nature and iv

my soon to be team

swampert (shiny) 

greninja (shiny)

gengar

kangaskhan 

metagross

lucario (shiny)

if you want to add me for a battle later on. my FC is 2079-6611-8972 

I got it and i have been hatching eggs for the right nature and iv

my soon to be team

swampert (shiny) 

greninja (shiny)

gengar

kangaskhan 

metagross

lucario (shiny)

if you want to add me for a battle later on. my FC is 2079-6611-8972 

I may want to battle soon when my team is finished if that's ok. I am still unsure if it is worth going to VGC this year.