Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

I am doing a nuzlocke run my first go on this game and so far I have beaten the first gym....

I love this game so so much so much nostalgia runs through me right now <3

My team as of now

Mudkip(15) "Kips", Poochyena (Petra)(11), Taillow "Mikasa" (12), Zigzagoon "Sasha" (11)

Yepp I am watching Attack on Titan too sooo :3

Edited by Gone Airbourne

I AM BACK WITH UPDATES

I HAVE DECIDED TO DROP METANG IN FAVOR OF MAWILE

man I am changing my team up so badly

Current Location: Steven just gave me the Devon Scope. 

Badges: 5

Gallade (Lancer) lv. 35

- Swords Dance

- Psycho Cut

- THE REST DOESN'T MATTER, IT'S A LEVEL 35 GALLADE

Sceptile (Axis) lv. 36

- Dual Chop

- Leaf Blade

- I forgot the rest.

Mawile (Backlash) lv. 37

- Sucker Punch

- Rock Tomb

- I forgot the rest.

And the rest of the guys I don't use...

A Swellow (CAW CAW), Latios (Jetblue), Metang (Meta Knight), Sharpedo (Jaws), Linoon (TIGGER), Slakoth (Good Ruby), Minun (Minus), Whismur (Hearing Aid).

Currently, while the Game Corner being missing made me kinda sad, i'm fine with it, i'm just a teensy bit disappointed (AND WE CAN'T SKIP BRAWLY, DAMMIT). Otherwise the game is all I imagined.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing major has changed for me except that I am now at Mauville and am having a hard time deciding on which contest move I should switch out for this Pikachu. They're all really good moves. I haven't played since 4:11pm because of this.

post-18640-0-64850200-1416696275_thumb.jpg

Current Location: Steven just gave me the Devon Scope.    Badges: 5

I thought you get the Devon Scope after the 6th gym. Just shows how long it has been since I last played a Hoenn game.

Currently at the 3rd gym myself and love the way they redesigned Mauville City.

To quote TheJWittz, it is now Mallville. Funny how it still calls itself a city even though it's a shopping mall.

To quote TheJWittz, it is now Mallville. Funny how it still calls itself a city even though it's a shopping mall.

Ahh thats funny. Up until the release for this game I did not look at any spoilers or anything so I just bought the game without knowing any new things that had been added so its all fresh. So far I am loving every bit of this game ^-^

Current Location: Pokemon Leauge

Badges: 8

My Team:

Swampert (Chuck Norris) Level 50

Gardevuar (Fanservice) Level 48

Swellow (Soarin) Level 50

Manetric (Patchwork) Level 49

Flygon (Loftwing) Level 49

Absol (Moonless) Level 48

I'm confident with my team. There's no one super effective against ice types, but whatever.

I'm barely an hour into this game and already I'm drowning in nostalgia. Got my Torchic (like I was going to pick anything else?) and I am loving all the new features like the device that tells you if you've caught every Pokemon in the area or if a wild Pokemon knows a rare move.

• Brohoof 1

I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire and got it yesterday! It is AMAZING!!! 

So far my team consists of:

-Combusken (Pyro)

-Poochyena (Banzai and ABOUT to evolve)

- Ralts (Prince)

I only have 3 right now, because I didn't recieve my game until late last night and haven't gotten to play it very long until today :3 and I take my game slowly. I actually train my Pokemon and stuff :P

ALSO, I AM HAPPY THEY BROUGHT BACK POKEMON AMIE :D

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Y was my first pokemon game and I liked it. Hopefully the gym leaders will be more of a challenge. Also to add objective markers as well. 

I'm probably going to buy omega saphire.

Well I just beat the champion and holy crap

Looks like an intricate after game.

The post game is supposed to be really complicated, but really fun.

Omega Ruby get:

http://i.imgur.com/0JeVZQI.jpg

Haven't done much yet except soft reset for a Timid Treecko and get that Poochyena with the special move(got Thunder Fang myself). I'm really impressed so far though, love how looking at a city sign gives you a zoom around of the town for example! Really great. :)

Also, I went with the female trainer, named her Radiance. Usually go with male of course, but eh, I like her redesign better. :P

Had a good day of Wondertrade, especially since it is my first time using the system. Got a Sharpedo with Ice Fang, Crunch, Swagger, and Aqua Jet, and it was level 100. My friend got a shiny Sableye also level 100, but I have no idea what it's moves were. Anyone else tried the trading system yet for OR or AS? Get anything good?

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi

I got the game yesterday! The sapphire remake because it was my first Pokemon game, also Im picking Torchic since that was my first Pokemon ever. C:

I havent played it yet since Im getting my team together with the right natures and all..

A Gallade, Skarmory, Ludiocolo, Roserade, that one ghost type that evolves from Misdreveous (however its spelled..), and idk or ditch it and get a vaporeon or glaceon.. probably.

Do I need any changes? XD If i dont want an eeveelution I can het a baby Manaphy for a water type (much needed for all tbe surfing)

So, I'm at the 8th Gym at the moment, and so far the games are great. I'm really disappointed that the story is coming to a close, however, because I really enjoyed all of the characters and cutscenes. Then again, I'm also very excited for the post-game.

Also, who wants to battle with me? My in-game team is Swampert, Manectric, Gallade, Swellow and Roserade. Send me your Friend Code if you're interested. ;)

My Friend Code is 3480-2986-3462. My in-game name is Odyssey.

Oh man, this game, this game. I've barely made any story progress, only just got the PlayNav from Wally, and then decided to Super Train my Treecko because after X/Y I can't not care about doing that with my party(good thing only 3 battles are required for your starter before then, for the dummy EVs).

And then I decided I want a Ralts, so I went looking and found a male Jolly one with Synchronize. Great, since I do want it to be Gallade, but then I find out with DexNav that you can find Telepathy Ralts... that way I can get Justified Gallade, NO WAY am I passing on that. I wont settle for anything less than perfection! :squee:

...dammit, I came for the nostalgia, but now my inner Pokénerd cannot resist this new feature. Yep, definitely gonna be playing this one for a while. :wacko:

@@JRex95,

Nah, you get the Devon Scope before Winona.

ALRIGHTY, I GOT MYSELF A VULPIX WITH HEAT WAVE. IT TOOK ME HALF AN HOUR TO ACTUALLY GET ONE. IT HAS A CRAPPY NATURE (Lonely) BUT WHAT THE HELL, I CAN WORK WITH IT.

Location: Surfing with my SHARPEDO (Did you know that Sharpedo's surf twice as fast? And it gets a custom surf sprite? Yeah, GET YOURSELVES A SHARPEDO)

Badges: 7

Team:

Gallade (Lancer) lv. 44

Sceptile (Axis) lv. 46

Ninetales (Levi) lv. 43

Mawile (Backlash) lv. 49

And as for the ones I don't use...

A Swellow (CAW CAW), Latios (Jetblue), Metang (Meta Knight), Sharpedo (Jaws), Linoon (TIGGER), Slaking (Good Ruby), Minun (Minus), Whismur (Hearing Aid).

Once I get the super rod, you know what time it is. And once I get HM Waterfall, it's BAGON TIME.

Also, I can say that Courtney is my favorite Pokemon character EVER (Surpassing N), Tabitha bitchslapping the Weather Institute guy was the highlight of the game, the Team Magma base was hilarious (...Is it implied that Courtney was looking at pictures of Maxie in her office?), and ARCHIE ACTUALLY TALKS LIKE A PIRATE. HE SAYS 'ARR' AND INSULTS MAXIE AND CALLS HIM A LIGHTWEIGHT AND HE USES PIRATE SLANG. IT'S GREAT.

Edited by Shift

Made some progress.

Beat Flannery this morning and getting ready to take on my father.

EDIT:Just beat him. Now I have 5 badges.

Swampert-lv38
Metang-lv37
Swellow-lv36
Mightyena-lv36
Hariyama-lv34

@@JRex95,

Nah, you get the Devon Scope before Winona.

And once I get HM Waterfall, it's BAGON TIME.

If I can remember correctly now, you get it from Steven in Fortree city because of the Kecleon blocking the pathway to the Gym and the other half of the city.

Bagon will be my last addition to my team. I knew you needed Surf, but I didn't know about Waterfall.

Edited by JRex95

@@JRex95,

Bagon is part of Meteor Falls; but part of the part that requires Waterfall.

Yeah I know life sucks.

ANYWAY, GUESS WHO GOT A FEEBAS. Fun fact; in this game, Feebas can still evolve via Beauty.

Location: Groudon is screwin shit up and remastered Drought is playing

Badges: 7

Team:

Milotic "Eris" - Level 41

Mawile "Backlash" - Level 50

Sceptile "Axis" - Level 48

Ninetales "Levi" - Level 46

Gallade "Lancer" - Level 49 

Ones I don't use:

Golbat (Go Away), Swellow (CAW CAW), Latios (Jetblue), Metang (Meta Knight), Sharpedo (Jaws), Linoon (TIGGER), Slaking (Good Ruby), Minun (Minus), Whismur (Hearing Aid).