Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

So I dont clog the forum, mind me posting a review here? Looking for critiquing if possible to but just want to share if anyone's down for it 

Feel free to post your personal review!

Alright so after finding the Ralts I was looking for, soft-resetting for a good shiny Beldum, and Super Training them both since I want them on my main team, I finally progressed. Rustburo City looks so good now, as does the gym, but I was able to beat Roxanne easily enough though. Gotta say the game feels really shot-for-shot as a remake so far except for a few added story elements and the modern mechanics. Wouldn't mind if it deviated a bit more though... guess we'll see. :wacko:

Somebody told me literally ALL of the legendaries were going to be in these games. If that's true man I can't wait to start playing.

The only legenadries, as of now, that you cannot capture, are...

- Manaphy

- Giratina

- Mew

(There is one more, but I can't remember which one...)

You can catch Giratina, it's Arceus you can't catch. 

I wont get around to posting the review till either tomorrow or Wednesday with College wrapping things up before Thanksgiving break but I do have a few words to say about ORAS.

Game Freak, if you want my money, make more like this. Don't make games like X & Y or even possibly generation IV(though Arceus is in serious need of a rerun, GTS is spammed with him as wants). By make more like ORAS I don't mean remakes and stuff. I mean offering quality content that rewards heavy exploration and combination. Make areas unique and not feel like a reskin like almost every area in X & Y. Make quality post-game content so after beating the Elite Four, there is more playability value. Add weight to capturing legendaries by making them harder to catch(I have noticed me using a good 15-20 for a good number unlike 5-7 in previous entry).

Edited by Chaco
  • Brohoof 1

The game doesn't come out until Friday for me here.

I hope i get the game in the next couple of days.

To answer your question, i will be going with Mudkip as my starter, he's my favorite out of the three starters. I used him in Ruby and Emerald a long time ago.

• Brohoof 1

The game doesn't come out until Friday for me here.

I hope i get the game in the next couple of days.

To answer your question, i will be going with Mudkip as my starter, he's my favorite out of the three starters. I used him in Ruby and Emerald a long time ago.

Yes, I chose Mudkip when I played Sapphire myself so I just had to do it again.

Just beat the Third Gym and I caught a Skarmory so I'm pretty pleased so far. From reading some of the posts here, some people seem to be weary of Pokemon not making much progress or recycling stuff, but considering that the last game I played was the original Sapphire, a lot of this stuff is mind-blowing for me in a Pokemon game.

• Brohoof 1

I love that you have the Vs. Seeker from the get go, not to mention a function that keeps track of and notifies you whenever any berry plants grow. Even though I know Ruby like the back of my hand, you have no idea how useful that is,

Quick question for those who have beaten the game; do you know if the method for catching the three Regis is that same as the original Ruby and Sapphire? Because I still have yet to find a more convoluted "Guide-Dang-It!" method of triggering something than with those three.

Edited by PoisonClaw

Yes, I chose Mudkip when I played Sapphire myself so I just had to do it again.

Just beat the Third Gym and I caught a Skarmory so I'm pretty pleased so far. From reading some of the posts here, some people seem to be weary of Pokemon not making much progress or recycling stuff, but considering that the last game I played was the original Sapphire, a lot of this stuff is mind-blowing for me in a Pokemon game.

When i do get Omega Ruby i will be playing with Mudkip as well, it's just like when i played the original Ruby on the GBA.

It sounds like you're enjoying it. That's good :) I will be wanting to catch a Skarmory and a Trapinch early on to get a Flygon.

I can see where you're coming from in regards to the series not changing much and i've heard this elsewhere. It's a matter of perspective, some might think of the game that way but, there's the saying that goes if it isn't broke don't fix it. The formula just works for the fans of the series, any newcomers or anyone that hasn't played any Pokemon games in a while would appreciate it.

I myself am not expecting to be blown away as i've gotten all the main Pokemon games since Ruby/Sapphire. E.G Black/White, Diamond/Pearl and X/Y. Although i am expecting a fun, joyful and nostalgic ride as i played Ruby/Sapphire before and i'm a fan of the series :)

• Brohoof 1

I beat the champ. The Eon Flute is the greatest thing ever. Team Magma's base's little details were pure gold. I think Zinnia needs to take a chill pill.

Badges: 8

Team:

Milotic "Eris" - Level 51

Mawile "Backlash" - Level 59 (Sudden, strange feeling she's overleveled)

Sceptile "Axis" - Level 54

Ninetales "Levi" - Level 53

Gallade "Lancer" - Level 52 (He mega evolves now :3)

Salamence "Cynder" - Level 50

Mespirit (Missy), Golbat (Go Away), Groudon (IGN), Swellow (CAW CAW), Latios (Jetblue), Metang (Meta Knight), Sharpedo (Jaws), Linoon (TIGGER), Slaking (Good Ruby), Minun (Minus), Whismur (Hearing Aid).

On another note, I have heard Reshiram is NO LONGER SHINY LOCKED. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING? RESHIRAM'S SHINY IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SHINY EVER. I MUST HAVE HER. IF ANYONE HAS A SHINY, LEGIT RESHIRAM I WILL TRADE MY ENTIRE COLLECTION OF SHINY LEGENDARY EVENT DOGS. AND A JIRACHI. AND AN UT EVENT MEGA-EVOLVING SPEED BOOST TORCHIC. AND TWO EVENT VICTINIS. AND AN EVENT SHAYMIN. AND AN EVENT KELDEO THAT CAN GO INTO RESOLUTION FORM. ACTUALLY JUST PICK ONE.

Edited by Shift

I beat the champ. The Eon Flute is the greatest thing ever. Team Magma's base's little details were pure gold. I think Zinnia needs to take a chill pill.

Badges: 8

Team:

Milotic "Eris" - Level 51

Mawile "Backlash" - Level 59 (Sudden, strange feeling she's overleveled)

Sceptile "Axis" - Level 54

Ninetales "Levi" - Level 53

Gallade "Lancer" - Level 52 (He mega evolves now :3)

Salamence "Cynder" - Level 50

Mespirit (Missy), Golbat (Go Away), Groudon (IGN), Swellow (CAW CAW), Latios (Jetblue), Metang (Meta Knight), Sharpedo (Jaws), Linoon (TIGGER), Slaking (Good Ruby), Minun (Minus), Whismur (Hearing Aid).

On another note, I have heard Reshiram is NO LONGER SHINY LOCKED. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING? RESHIRAM'S SHINY IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SHINY EVER. I MUST HAVE HER. IF ANYONE HAS A SHINY, LEGIT RESHIRAM I WILL TRADE MY ENTIRE COLLECTION OF SHINY LEGENDARY EVENT DOGS. AND A JIRACHI. AND AN UT EVENT MEGA-EVOLVING SPEED BOOST TORCHIC. AND TWO EVENT VICTINIS. AND AN EVENT SHAYMIN. AND AN EVENT KELDEO THAT CAN GO INTO RESOLUTION FORM. ACTUALLY JUST PICK ONE.

Uh I could ask my friends tomorrow lol, one of them might be able to snag you one. I'll talk to them about it at school tomorrow, ok?

I got the day on US release date, finished it in two days.

My team was:
- Leonidas the Sceptile

- Santana the Swellow

- Bonnie the Delcatty

- Darius the Hariyama

- Craig the Azumarill

- Amy the Camerupt

After I finished the game, I decided to restart it. I am now doing a wonderlocke of the game. :)

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

Thanks!

I've never shiny reset before and i'm an impatient person but hey, IT'LL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END.

And apparently it's assumed that shiny rates are increased for the legendaries to 1/551. I'm not sure if that's legit but hopefully. 

• Brohoof 2

Mmm, really appreciating Hoenn again, such an awesome region. Redesigned Ma(ll)uville is great though. ;)

My team so far is:

Grovyle(Leafy Scaly)

Gallade(John Eyeson... gave him a person name for some raisin lol...)

Metang(can't nickname fuuuu)

Planning on going with Altaria, Milotic, and maybe Camerupt for the last 3, since I've never really trained good ones and now I can. :D

I got a bundle that Best Buy had, so i got both games.

Started on Omega Ruby :P

Havent had much time to play, so my team is currently,

Torchic (Blaze) lvl 12

Seedot lvll 5

Wingull lvl 3

Poochyena lvl 2

Zigzagoon lvl 2

need get to work lol

So, I haven't really posted in this, but, I just beat the Delta Episode on Omega Ruby.
Zinnia, Maxie, and Steven are all baes.
My main team is Walrein(Winry, no, it's not an FMA reference), Blaziken(Kickstart), Beautifly(Hermes), Hariyama(Sensei), Absol(Ashlee), and Swellow(Nick).
Am I cool yet?

Edited by Mavis

I just beat the Delta Episode. I gotta say it's a wonderful side quest for the postgame.

I was especially surprised when you got the chance to fight Deoxys in space. The fight and catching Deoxys was rather easy and underwhelming, so I didn't get the chance to use my in-game team in space... xP Still, I find it very surprising. It makes me want to replay the game again just to go into space and just battle Deoxys.

The Battle Resort isn't bad either. I'm disappointed that they reused the Battle Maison, but that is still tonnes of fun. I got to battle one of the leaders of the Battle Maison. xP

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire might be my favourite remakes, or maybe even one of my favourite Pokémon games overall. I didn't care for the other remakes at all, but ORAS has a deeper story, more likeable characters and a decent post game.

I just got to Slateport, I had high expectations for this place (thought not near as high as those I have for Route 117 which I know so well). My expectations here were set on the soundtrack. It's my third favorite soundtrack in the game, after first place being the Flood theme and second being the title screen music. As it ends up, I still like the original more, this one seemed.. I don't know, not as good. Not as loud? Not as happy, or something. 

My team is pretty good so far, I love my Roselia so much c: I'm just glad that I got past the first gym and they all obey me now xD I had a team full of pokemon I traded over. 

My team is:

Roselia, Torchic, Lombre, Ralts (to be Gallade), and in the pc I have an eevee (to be vaporeon) and a skarmory.

Having played Emerald and Sapphire over and over again I think this team is really good, and one I'm having fun using. I could have picked a better team in terms of usage, but I also had to have a team I wanted, with Pokemon I wanted to use. This works out well c:

so much content! So many awesomely (re) made and improved features! So much attention to detail! Man, I'm just loving all the scenery and battle backgrounds! Unf!

Wish Gamefreak would get to making an Orre region (with frikin WES!) handheld pokemon journey game. D:<

That aside....Zinnia, Red, and Wes all need to be in one awesome game, where we get to have each as our travel companions through the game, and battle them as rivals, once we switch companions, because they're all totally cool. But I digress....

where was I.....?

Oh yeah, i picked up both Omega Ruby and Alpha sapphire, because I couldn't resist (durn you Toys R Us, for your 40% off bait)

Taking my time with Ruby. I want to savor it. Got it on the release day, and I just beat the 5th gym today. Trying to specialize as a psychic type trainer (since I was a fire type trainer in X), because I love having celestial type pokemon (Solrock, Lunatone, and Staryu are my babies for this game- appropriately named Luna, Celestia, and Twilight XD)  Pretty much been playing nonstop. Have yet to touch Sapphire, yet.  But when I do, I wanna give myself a cool trainer class name.