Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

Did the Toys R Us copies come with the shiny beldum? I got my game from GameStop (preordered) and it did

I was under the impression that they all did, no matter where you got them (because it's not a promo pokemon advertized on the box, as "X location" exclusive, it's gotten through the Pokemon link)

• Brohoof 1

Everyone is trying to get later-generation Pokemon and I'm just sitting here trying to stick to just gen III ones.

I would have done that, but I've recently used all Hoenn Pokemon. If I hadn't so recently beaten Hoenn for the millionth time or played through XY with mostly Hoenn, I wouldn't have.

But still, my entire team has at least all gen 3 or lower stage 1s. It's just Gallade (Kirlia was early gen) and Roserade (I didn't get budew).

I would have done that, but I've recently used all Hoenn Pokemon. If I hadn't so recently beaten Hoenn for the millionth time or played through XY with mostly Hoenn, I wouldn't have.

But still, my entire team has at least all gen 3 or lower stage 1s. It's just Gallade (Kirlia was early gen) and Roserade (I didn't get budew).

Right now my team is terribly unbalanced and I'm like "guhhhh I need to rebuild my old team"

But at least I caught a female Tropius recently, just like my old one. Time to grind it up to around level 36!

Did the Toys R Us copies come with the shiny beldum? I got my game from GameStop (preordered) and it did

No. It's a Wi-Fi event so anybody can get it before January 15, 2015 as it says on Serebii. http://www.serebii.net/events/2014.shtml

THEY CHANGED MAUVILLE AND IT BROKE MY HEART.

;~; im not okay with this. Poor people who have never played the originals will never experience the game center D;

I know exactly how you feel. And that was my favorite area to be in the original Sapphire.

• Brohoof 1

I know exactly how you feel. And that was my favorite area to be in the original Sapphire.

I was so heart broken I had to grab my Emerald and walk around the Mauville where everything was okay.

And lost more coins then I gained on the Roulette board, as always. When I was little I could get jackpots and then get 7s on the slot but now I've got bad luck xD

Only problems I'm really having with the game so far is that it's still a little HM heavy(y is Rock Smash an HM again now tho) and that they really didn't balance the other trainer's levels around EXP Share, had to turn it off for a while because of that. :huh:

THEY CHANGED MAUVILLE AND IT BROKE MY HEART.

;~; im not okay with this. Poor people who have never played the originals will never experience the game center D;

Yeah, the lack of Game Corner stinks too. I do like the redesigned city though, and at least without Game Corner they can't hide TMs behind ludicrous coin requirements. So, it's not that bad imo. :wacko:
  • Brohoof 1

I'm close to traversing Mt. Pyre for the first time, with six badges in tow. I dropped Vaporeon for Sharpedo (needed Dark/Poison coverage), and now I have everything coming into place for my final team. :D

also, I am glad May/Brendan finally leveled up their Pokémon for the Lilycove City battle.

Edited by Kelldrick

So I finally beat the Elite Four, but even then i'm still not done. Obviously with 8 badges, here is my current team.

Salamence-lv56

Metagross-lv63

Hariyama-lv62

Mightyena-lv66

Swampert-lv64

Swellow-lv64

This is probably the first time ever that a Pokemon other than my starter was the highest after my first time beating the Pokemon League. Now it is time to start the post-game stuff. 

Also I have been wanting to battle someone just for fun. If anyone would like to battle, here is my friend code: 0748-3682-3144. I'll even post my code here again. http://mlpforums.com/topic/68519-steamlivepsn3ds-friend-code-central/

So I finally made it to the end of my nuzlocke run and made it to the point in which you catch Latias in Alpha Sapphire. Most of my team besides the legendary did not make it until this point sadly.... I am going to start a new game and send all my pkmn to the bank and retrieve them later. 

But this next time I restart I am going to go for good natures and such and play it regularly.

Edited by Gone Airbourne

Just wanted to share my Secret Base in case anybody is interested.

035c9d20-76ef-11e4-9ea8-068eb5ad0ab9.png

Secret Bases are one of my favourite features of ORAS so far. I'm a sucker for sandbox/making-your-own-house games, and knowing that Secret Bases have more of a purpose makes them better than ever. Please quote me if you add me!

Edited by Odyssey

I'm at the end of the game! I have Victory Road and the Elite Four left in my path. I knocked Kyogre out, so this way, I can soft reset it after the Elite Four.

This way, I'll be more prepared for its onslaught and have more Dusk and Time Ball.

Still kinda slogging here, had kind of a mishap with raising a Camerupt with the wrong ability lol(thought the Hidden Ability was Solid Rock, turned out to be Anger Point, wut)... so I just raised another one. :P

I'm now at Lilycove though, with the team of Sceptile, Gallade, Metang(now Metagross), Altaria, Camerupt, and Milotic. I'm loving that in the Safari Zone you can just do whatever now and that you can now Fly anywhere. :D

I beat the Pokemon League and the Delta Episode. Now, i'm going around and catching legendaries.

Unfortunatley, I managed to kill Deoxys and Ho-Oh  >_>

But, I did catch Rayquaza and Terrakion.

I made my way to the ol' Target (tar-gé) and picked out the first Pokemon game I beat and owned (I did play around with Gold and Crystal that was my older brothers' at the time but I was too young), Sapphire. I'm about half way through Alpha Sapphire now and it was a big old kick in the nostalgia feels. The game is beautiful and I flat out gasped when I finally got to see what they reimagined for Dive and the Hoenn seafloor. :') 

EDIT: And OMG non-pixel blob Wally stole my heart. I used to not care for him much- I only remember him catching Ralts and battling me right outside Victory Road but I can't help but fall for his kawaii now. The art in this game is spectacular.

img-3292054-1-1894874-pokemon_ruby_sapph

img-3292054-2-sept_p18_01_en_uuk.jpg

img-3292054-3-sept_p18_04_en_nai.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I beat the Pokemon League and the Delta Episode. Now, i'm going around and catching legendaries.

Unfortunatley, I managed to kill Deoxys and Ho-Oh >_>

But, I did catch Rayquaza and Terrakion.

Apparently they'll just reappear if you beat the Elite Four again, I believe so anyway since Pokémon games have been like that with Legendaries for a while. ;)

Also, Altaria is probably the best Mega ever- so FLUFFY :please:

I need help :c 
I need to transfer a dawn stone and a water stone to ORAS so I can evolve two of my pokemon, I already have the items, but pokebank doesn't let you transfer items..

I am in need of someone to add me on there and be a friend and hold onto my pokemon with the item and give the pokemon back to me on my other game! >-< I can't progress any further in my game until I get these stones! Please uwu i'll love you forever.

So now I've fought & caught Groudon. Man, what a sequence!

Was a lot like the original for the most part... until the thing with the magma suit and the whole Primal form thing of course and actually... riding Groudon? I gotta say, that was surprisingly adorable. :lol:

I've also been to Sea Mauville... I have to say that part is full of all sorts of surprises as well, from feels to a sort of pairing I thought I'd never see in a Pokémon game to treasure hunting... and I just wanted Ice Beam, but yeah, all very cool. :wacko:

I need help :c 

I need to transfer a dawn stone and a water stone to ORAS so I can evolve two of my pokemon, I already have the items, but pokebank doesn't let you transfer items..

I am in need of someone to add me on there and be a friend and hold onto my pokemon with the item and give the pokemon back to me on my other game! >-< I can't progress any further in my game until I get these stones! Please uwu i'll love you forever.

I'd be willing to try, what can I do?