Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

Question time: How's the online play now? Main reason i'm not getting the game is because I didn't feel like dealing with the influx of Mega Rayquaza's and Origin Pokemon. It's not all bad, is it?

Yeah. People playing X/Y have it easy, because you can just go catch Ditto in the wild, while ORAS players like me have to wait for the RNG to favor them, or get StreetPassed the spot, which is impossible because I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

Question time: How's the online play now? Main reason i'm not getting the game is because I didn't feel like dealing with the influx of Mega Rayquaza's and Origin Pokemon. It's not all bad, is it?

I haven't tried it myself, and I also don't know if all legendaries are legal or not. I just assumed that online play would function just like the Battle Frontier in Emerald; that is, no version mascots or mythical Pokemon allowed, but other legendaries, like the birds, dogs, the three Regi, the Eon duo, the Kami trio, etc. etc. would be allowed.

Edited by SirOfScience

Yeah. People playing X/Y have it easy, because you can just go catch Ditto in the wild, while ORAS players like me have to wait for the RNG to favor them, or get StreetPassed the spot, which impossible because I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

I haven't tried it myself, and I also don't know if all legendaries are legal or not. I just assumed that online play would function just like the Battle Frontier in Emerald; that is, no version mascots or mythical Pokemon allowed, but other legendaries, like the birds, dogs, the three Regi, the Eon duo, the Kami trio, etc. etc. would be allowed.

Black and White and X and Y were both free for all... can't tell you how many Darkrai's and Mega Mewtwo's I had to deal with. Dealing with Gamefreak's newest terror lizard is not going to be fun. :okiedokielokie:

A Mirage Spot containing Ditto? Now that would be VERY helpful for Pokémon Breeders! If only I knew where to find that Mirage Spot. Oh well. Guess I have to continue my search for Legendary Pokémon.

Check here,

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soaring_in_the_sky#Mirage_spots

That page won't say WHEN they will appear, just where they will show up and depending on what youre after, what pokemon you'll need

Black and White and X and Y were both free for all... can't tell you how many Darkrai's and Mega Mewtwo's I had to deal with. Dealing with Gamefreak's newest terror lizard is not going to be fun. :okiedokielokie:

Gross! Well, at least I have a Sylveon on my team?

Gross! Well, at least I have a Sylveon on my team?

Gets one-shotted by life orb dragon ascent. :okiedokielokie:

I play triples, though, so it's less of an issue M-Quaza, and more of M-Quaza+ Primal whatever. Hopefully, it will be like X and Y, though, and only incompetent players will wind up using them.

I have a lot of Legendaries, the most I ever had. I have right now, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regigias, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoyx, the three roaming Pokemon from Sinnoh, can't remember their names, the three in the Pathless Plains, can't remember their names either, and the one exclusive Pokemon to Omega Ruby from the storm trio, at least, that is what I call them. I think that is all I current have.

Bah, figures that M-Quaza has 115 base Speed. If the player actually knows what they're doing, it'll just barely outspeed my Latias, and then own her with Draco Meteor or something.

Of course, her nature favors speed (at the expense of defense), so the likelihood someone SR'd for a Rayquaza with a favorable Speed nature as well as EV trained it correctly is...well, unlikely.

You can catch the legendary dogs, one of either Ho-oh or Lugia, one of either Thundurus or Tornadus (they're part of the Kami Trio), one of either Dialga or Palkia (part of the Creation Trio), one of either Reshiram or Zekrom (Tao Trio), all of the Lake Trio (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf), three of the Four Muskedeers (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion), the Regi Trio and their master Regigigas, the other obvious legendaries from Hoenn, Heatran, and finally, Cresselia.

If you want to complete the Tao, Kami, or Creation Trios, you need both versions. Latios/Latias can be caught with the Eon Ticket, depending on which one you're missing.

Edited by SirOfScience

Bah, figures that M-Quaza has 115 base Speed. If the player actually knows what they're doing, it'll just barely outspeed my Latias, and then own her with Draco Meteor or something.

Or KO with +2 extremespeed or +1 anything. Essentially, nuke that thing on the first turn, or watch your team fall apart. 

Of course, her nature favors speed (at the expense of defense), so the likelihood someone SR'd for a Rayquaza with a favorable Speed nature as well as EV trained it correctly is...well, unlikely.

Even then... Resists electricity, neutral to rock, and only takes X2 damage from ice type moves... and that's not even factoring in the defense boost. Here's a hint; Mega Mewtwo Y and Primal Kyogre can't kill with ice beam, due to Delta Stream.

Edited by Shimmer5000

Hahaha, oh wow. I just got Sealeo to level 44 so it'd evolve into Walrein, and got enough experience to do that from a Golbat. Had just 1HP left at the end of that battle. Lucky bastard, she is.

• Brohoof 1

I got this the day it came out but I still haven't finished it because I've never really liked Hoenn. Here's my team:

Sceptile (level 61)

Pikachu (the cosplay one) (level 55)

Feraligatr (level 54)

Charizard (level 52)

Mightyena (level 50)

Arcanine (level 48)

I have no idea why I kept the Mightyena on my team. Basically everything else is on my team because I like them a lot. Except for maybe Sceptile. I mean Sceptile's decent but the main reason I have him on my team was just because he's my starter. And keeping the Pikachu was kind of a bad idea especially since it can't evolve. But oh well. I doubt I'll have any trouble beating the game. I'm not a competitive player or anything.

I don't know if it works for Europe copies but in US copies of OR/AS, the download code for Contrary Serperior now works! I haven't tried it out yet, but I know it turns Sticky Web into stat boosts. Enjoy!

• Brohoof 1

POKEMON PEOPLE. THIS IS IMPORTANT. THE JAPAN EXCLUSIVE SERPERIOR EVENT IS GLITCHED! YOU CAN GET IT!
GO TO MYSTERY GIFT>RECEIVE GIFT>GET WITH CODE> AND USE THE CODE POKEMON497
QUICK, THIS MIGHT GET FIXED SOON!!!

It's only for Japan mate, this is why I'm jealous. ;) 

Well, I just returned to this series after being absent since the original Ruby and Sapphire, and I'm quite amazed by what I missed. So, here's my current team:

Sceptile (Level 56)

Swellow (Level 55)

Manectric (Level 56)

Azumarill (Level 56)

Yeah, I have ones like Latias and Kyogre in my storage, but I prefer not to use them. Am I playing this game wrong?  :wacko:

Got all 8 gym badges, and now the Pokemon League is left! Anyway, I might get X/Y just to finish off my Pokemon team, since I highly doubt I'll find any of the other region's starters.

Thanks for the code, still works in UK, at least. Literally just used it:D

My current team: 

Swampert (Muddy): Lv. 70 Nostalgia's sake. It's been many years since I Emerald'd and tanked the world with my Swampert!

Gardevoir: Lv. 60 Because Gardevoir. I thought Ralts was rare, anyway,,

Manectric: Lv. 52 Because Thunder Wave. And Wild Charge. No other real reason.

Linoone: Lv. 57 Because HM-mule, also pickup ability

Latios: Lv. 50 No idea..

(m)Aggron: Lv. 42 BECAUSE AGGRON IS THE MEANEST MOFO YOU EVER DID SEE!

I'm currently standing in the waterfall of Ever Grande, awaiting Victory Road and the League, buuut Wonder Trades are distracting...

Oh, and I accidentally killed Groudon, is there a second chance? There was in the original, but I don't know about this one. I blame the new exp. share- it super levels your party really fast!