Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Interests before becoming a brony/pegasister?

Green Precision

I am not asking whether you were an Anti-brony or not. I am asking what was your previous interest.

-Before I became a brony, I was completely focused on Minecraft. Now, I want to say that my obsession between My Little Pony and Minecraft is even. However, the community that is my favorite on Minecraft has kind of driven me away. It is more like its falling in on itself. I try to actually help manage it, but I do not have the authority to do so. So I guess MLP is my highest interest at this point in life. (interest, being game, fandom, activity, et...)

-So what was your previous primary interest or "obsession"?

• Brohoof 6

My main interests were always transportation, sports, and auto racing. I had watched cartoons as a kid, but didn't get back into cartoons until 2007.

It was this fondness for cartoons and nostalgia for cartoons from the late '90s/early 2000s that contributed to my enjoyment of this fandom. For years I had lurked DeviantArt without posting anything or getting an account. I got into MLP out of curiosity when I saw many of the DeviantArt accounts I had lurked posting ponies and a movie reviewer on Blip whom I had enjoyed explained the brony phenomenon before he did a fanfic reading. This fandom has now given me the confidence to go ahead and post my stuff on dA and other sites.

• Brohoof 2

I was a human being. An average human being who liked a few cartoons, movies, and video games. I could be a little bit obsessive over things, but nothing ever really stuck too much.

Now, I'm a human being with an obsession for candy-colored cartoon equines, among a few other things. And I have friends, and I'm still average, but not quite as average as before. So, I think this is an improvement.

• Brohoof 9

I was hopeless depressed boy who had no friends. Every interest I had turned me down. Then I came here and now it's upside down :)

you'll always have friends here oobrony :) rarity fans must stick together :D

If my name isn't obvious enough, I was a Pokemon fan. Still am, though MLP has taken center stage.

...At least until the Hoenn remakes come out...

i'm looking forward to that game and once it is November I will be dead from the world XD (cause i'll be glued to the ds)

• Brohoof 2

I am asking what was your previous interest.

Literature

Computer Science

Programming

Old School Gaming (8-16 bit era)

Modern Gaming

Cosmology

Biology

Chemistry

Ecology

Technology

History

Archaeology

Sociology

Mental Health

Philosophy

Classical Music

90's Culture

Animation 

Comic Books

Nostalgia

Self Publishing Editing (KDP)

Star Wars

Dr. Who

Star Trek

Disney Afternoon

Classic Cinema

Documentaries

Animaniacs

IP Law

US Constitutional Law

Classical Liberalism

Breathes

Vlogbrothers

Vi Hart

Travelling 

Cooking

Baking

Zoology

Writing

Coffee

Breathes

X-Files

Big Bang Theory

Metallica

Beatles

Elle Fitzgerald

George Carlin

Richard Pryor

House

Robotech

Transformers

Breathes

*checks Profile realizes that I covered this with one statement and hates self for wasting a few minutes

ALL OF THE THINGS. 

• Brohoof 8

I was still in college when I first became a brony. I was focused on adjusting to be married while being a full time student. I never had any obsessions until I got hooked on FIM. I could say Pokemon, but thats only when a new game series comes out, and once I complete the game, I move on.

I was big researching the video game industry, but I still am.

I was big into researching theology and philosophy...still am.

But they weren't obsessions, they still aren't. It's just me furthering my knowledge and expanding my worldview...I have always done that.

FIM is my one and only true obsession...

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have lots of interests. I love reading murder mysteries and science-fiction, I watch anime, I'm married, (Did I just put that as a forth interest???)  and I really enjoy Doctor Who. As for other animation I have been obsessed with, just take a gander at my avatar picture!

• Brohoof 1

History

Occult

Books

Writing

Gaming

Fanfics

Graphics

Woods

Friends

Friends

Anime/Manga

Walking/Biking

Dogs

Wolfs

Making a different in some place!

Work

MLP

Other things I'll name after a cup of coffeee....

Oh and Coffee!

• Brohoof 2

I was a total Otaku. FullMetal Alchemist was the shit! It got me started with cosplay, which I still enjoy doing. I dropped FMA right when I became a brony. I've always loved Pirates of the Caribbean and I'll never stop loving it.

Right now I'm into Frozen

• Brohoof 1

When you ask what I was before a brony, I sort if assume you mean what fandom :confused:.

I was a big Lego fan for several years at 2 other forums, but my activity dwindled greatly after a while, so I was primarily interested in adventure quest worlds and flight simming before I was a brony.... And a YouTube poop-viewer (which got me into watching this :P).

I was extremely into Skyrim, and Arma 2 before coming here. My love for those games was pretty much unmatched at the time. :) I still love 'em of course (Arma 3 more than Arma 2 nowadays), just not nearly as much as I used to.