Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

Every post Ted makes seems to be making things worse for him. This post post just reeks of gross double standards.

I was really hoping we would be able to have a drama-less drought this year, but apparently that's not gonna happen. What makes me disappointed is that Teddy Anderson is probably my favorite writer of the bunch(I'm probably one of the very few people who don't care much for Cook/Price), and his works are some of the best, though I don't think he's writing anything very appealing at the mo-*remembers he's writing the Dash/Spitfire Micro* well fuck me sideways.

Also I don't know if a boycott will work in this situation. Remember that's it's more than one person working on a comic. Even if you don't want to support Teddy Anderson, it also hurts the artist and colorist as well and, honestly, it wouldn't be fair to them.

Boycotting is essentially a double-edged sword. But I do hope appropriote action is taken

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 10

For my own sanity, I'll try to look past this and enjoy the comics anyway and hope he doesn't get to write anything further(I can just assume the other people carried the weight and anything good came from them)

That brings in the trouble question on if the artist was in on it, or didn't know what he was asking them to include. 

Update, Breckel doesn't seem to be to happy and she reinstated she likes the fandom and has nothing but love for bronies:

http://hbreckel.tumblr.com/post/98506427202/hugobertington-hbreckel

• Brohoof 1

Wow... a pony fandom drama which actually managed to rustle my jimmies a little bit. Even in cases where I've agreed with the "anti-censorship/C&D crowd" (for want of a better term), that's a first, I must say. I guess the reason for that was because in previous controversies, I've always been able to understand where the "pro-censorship/C&D" crowd was coming from even though I disagreed with them. To give an example, I never supported the anti-Molestia position, however I could totally understand why someone would want it taken down, whether that's because of its inappropriate nature, issues with children accessing it, copyright infringement or a combination of all three.

In this case however (assuming that the information from Horse News is correct, since I haven't checked out this Tumblr person myself), I really don't see any logic behind the inclusion of this person's OC. I mean, if it was intended to make a statement, it obviously hasn't done so very well :lol: . Actually, I would say the same thing about his forum responses which people have posted above. There's a decent point buried somewhere in the nether regions of what he's saying, but his presentation is so heavy-handed that it'll cause a lot of people to completely disregard what he's saying.

• Brohoof 1

Wow... a pony fandom drama which actually managed to rustle my jimmies a little bit. Even in cases where I've agreed with the "anti-censorship/C&D crowd" (for want of a better term), that's a first, I must say. I guess the reason for that was because in previous controversies, I've always been able to understand where the "pro-censorship/C&D" crowd was coming from even though I disagreed with them. To give an example, I never supported the anti-Molestia position, however I could totally understand why someone would want it taken down, whether that's because of its inappropriate nature, issues with children accessing it, copyright infringement or a combination of all three.

In this case however (assuming that the information from Horse News is correct, since I haven't checked out this Tumblr person myself), I really don't see any logic behind the inclusion of this person's OC. I mean, if it was intended to make a statement, it obviously hasn't done so very well :lol: . Actually, I would say the same thing about his forum responses which people have posted above. There's a decent point buried somewhere in the nether regions of what he's saying, but his presentation is so heavy-handed that it'll cause a lot of people to completely disregard what he's saying.

I've spoken with her, Dragondicks is actually EVEN WORSE than everyone is making out. 

• Brohoof 2

That's it, somebody report this to Hasbro or someone higher up on IDW as he's now spewing this vile sexist crap against his fans. Now I want nothing more than him getting fired and have those OC's in question removed!

• Brohoof 4

That's it, somebody report this to Hasbro or someone higher up on IDW as he's now spewing this vile sexist crap against his fans. Now I want nothing more than him getting fired and have those OC's in question removed!

This is semi-off topic, but I've been informed the owner of the OC went as far as claim that any rape survivors that defended molestia(or don't buy into rape-culture being a thing) must have been lying about being raped, especially if they were male. 

So yeah, she's a piece of work. 

• Brohoof 6

This is semi-off topic, but I've been informed the owner of the OC went as far as claim that any rape survivors that defended molestia(or don't buy into rape-culture being a thing) must have been lying about being raped especially if they were male. 

So yeah, she's a piece of work. 

Figures, now it's just more reason for me to despise her and especially Ted's support of her and willingness to add her into the pony comics.

• Brohoof 1

Direct you're peepers to this:

attachicon.gifexample.png

Draws Hate Art? What does Hate Art Look like?

Edit: 

and the stuff Banul linked is some of the milder stuff people like her draw.

It's shame who they belong to because I actually like the design of those OCs(Damn, why does does it seem like punk-rock girls always turn out to be crazy in a bad way? It's like the distaff counterpart to emo-rocker dudes being douchebags)

• Brohoof 1

So I came across this on tumblr

img-3120139-1-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo3

img-3120139-2-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo1

img-3120139-3-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo2

People THIS is what satire is! Not that hate speech Cutosphere spews!!

The fact I've had a Tumblr for like three years and watched all the shit that comic is based on go down makes it even funnier(it seems like crude garbage at first, but has some surprisingly smart satire and playing with stereotypes scattered about it.)

• Brohoof 3

Uh ... I didn't pay too much attention to the fandom and the franchise lately, but ... this actually happened? And this guy thinks what he's posting about that whole sexism-and-racism-matter is right?

Holy sh*t.

I've seen worse on the internet, but something like this in this franchise? Well, children and parents and bronies who don't notice, or simply don't know about these OCs or their origin, simply cannot see this as much of a problem, but everyone else ... Especially after these posts by Anderson. Huh. Fail, I'd say. Sadly. And IDW really should do something about it ... Wow ...

*shakes head*

Edited by ~StatesTheOblivious~
  • Brohoof 3

One of the most insulting things about it is that this is exactly the behavior that Lauren Faust has been fighting against. This is the type of feminism that she parodied back when she worked on the Powerpuff Girls with a villain called Femme Fatale and she has made it quite clear that these extremes spit on the faces of not only the people that they generalize and insult but also the actual feminists like her who really are out to fight for equality and are not there to "turn the tables". And here's a person in charge of writing for a universe that she created promoting someone who is openly spewing the type of views that Lauren has fought against and this writer even openly expressed that turning the tables is justified. Is it really? Sure, right now the behavior they're expressing is nowhere near as extreme as it was against them but what people like Mr. Anderson fails to realize is that the more you yeild to these people, submit to their demands and let them get away with "turning the tables" the more that behavior will grow until it does reach that extreme. If you truly want equality then you need to realise that there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed. Cuteosphere is a person that has helped make feminism more about revenge than it is for equality and by promoting her behavior and even agreeing with it he has insulted not only the fan base of the My Little Pony franchise but also Lauren Faust, Heather Breckel and everyone else working on the show and on the comics who have fought against this type of faux-feminism.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 3

Well that was fast. Why is Sweetie Belle evil?

I believe it was the artist's choice and to emphasize of how twisted and bad SJW activism can do to a person since Sweetie Belle is often viewed as the most adorable out of the CMC's.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 4

Well that was fast. Why is Sweetie Belle evil?

I believe it was the artist's choice and to emphasize of how twisted and bad SJW activism can do to a person since Sweetie Belle is often viewed as the most adorable out of the CMC's.

The comic it's from is based on a particularly nasty SJW and her crew(it's not an exaggeration for humor either, she really does act like this and pull shit like calling cloppers gross then say she wants to open a blog for explicit pony yuri) 

• Brohoof 2

The comic it's from is based on a particularly nasty SJW and her crew(it's not an exaggeration for humor either, she really does act like this and pull shit like calling cloppers gross then say she wants to open a blog for explicit pony yuri) 

I thought this was supposed to be Ted and Dicks specifically. Especially with that last panel.

• Brohoof 1

I thought this was supposed to be Ted and Dicks specifically. Especially with that last panel.

Yes, Sweetie Belle is DD in this one but the comic generally uses her to represent April Davis/PinkiePony(they're both in the same social circle, so it's not that much of a surprise). 

• Brohoof 2

Here's the main thread on the IDW forum where this issue is being discussed.

http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12770&start=1185

There is some pretty damning stuff surfacing in this thread. Go through the pages in the 80s and you'll see many links to much of the hateful junk that Ted Anderson has reblogged.

So I came across this on tumblr

img-3120139-1-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo3

img-3120139-2-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo1

img-3120139-3-tumblr_ncioe09TX31tuindlo2

People THIS is what satire is! Not that hate speech Cutosphere spews!!

Nice! Where'd you get this stuff from?

• Brohoof 2