Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

I wonder if IDW will continue to sell the issues that he has written that have already come out and the Equestria Girls christmas comic that is yet to come out.

They probably will. I think any reprints of the annual will censor the OCs though.

• Brohoof 2

I'd normally post the let the hate flow meme at freakouts like what happened with the waifu thief, but, I don't believe Ted deserves the defamation he's receiving

I think he does, he willingly supported a horrible person and defended her hateful statements when questioned about it.

• Brohoof 5

I'd normally post the let the hate flow meme at freakouts like what happened with the waifu thief, but, I don't believe Ted deserves the defamation he's receiving

Considering how he described bronies as 'gross' according to dd's in an email she bragged about a while back, went against his apology despite putting in ocs he knew would piss off the fandom for their infamous reputations as anti-bronies and his employers for putting them at risk to being sued by them and vented out on a public forum for everyone to see his negative beliefs, I'm sorry to say but he deserves it for being a fool. I may not be ecstatic to see a person fired but I won't pity him.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 8

Alright guys just an update on the whole situation regarding Anderson's barring from IDW.

One of the mod of IDW's boards got back to everyone who asked if the letters and rumors regarding Anderson getting barred was true or not. The post was

Oh sorry, yes. I did get word - there'll be no official statement from Bobby at present.

Writers and artists working for IDW are freelancers. I think there might be a few exceptions, but probably not for those who work for the franchised titles.

http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=378587#p378587

So there we go. We don't know if IDW barred Anderson from working for them or not, we don't know if those letters are true and right now a lot of people don't know whether to keep buying IDW's titles or not. The answer's a secret and everyone's confused.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Considering how he described bronies as 'gross' according to dd's in an email she bragged about a while back, went against his apology despite putting in ocs he knew would piss off the fandom for their infamous reputations as anti-bronies and his employers for putting them at risk to being sued by them and vented out on a public forum for everyone to see his negative beliefs, I'm sorry to say but he deserves it for being a fool. I may not be ecstatic to see a person fired but I won't pity him.

Well, part of his refusal to apology are mad bronies jumping to conclusions of being insulted while he merely expressed his thoughts regarding the oppression of women, he didn't insulted anyone. Said feminist he follows is a brainless feminist-type is another story. About his description that bronies are gross according to DD, the key word is "ACCORDING". Could be true, but it can also be something she made up to fuel up more anger of bronies that her OC showed up in a comic. Those are the reasons I don't think he deserves the infamy he's getting, we are letting our anger get the better of us by jumping to conclusions and asking for his blood. I hope the IDW handles that issue fairly, and not because we demand it

I don't know if this was already posted, but...

img-3127950-1-1412033409711.png

Cannot confirm it's validity, just that it was linked in a comment on one of the horse-news post about the issue.

Yep, that's a problem in this issue, we are jumping to conclusions 

• Brohoof 1

Can I get an actual link to his post and the page number of the comic and what the ponies look like because unless it is actually inapropriat looking or has very VULGER affiliation, like a swastika or something its probly not that bad. not saying your wrong or any thing but people tend to blow stuff like this out of proportion. if what your actually saying is true though I fully support the idea. People, companies are represented by their employees period. the company would not be anything without its employees so when they act inappropriatly and or do not fit criteria, what ever that may be, then they should not be representing the company. This is why when doing interviewing, some work places will do facebook checks along with twittter and other social media along with background checks. I personally love MLP comics too much and would not bring myself to stop collecting but i support the idea of protesting and not buying any comics untell the problem is resolved by serious consoquences, directly adressing the issue (possably as a simple misinterpertation) or getting him fired. The racial and sexist posts sound just horrid but when it comes to the ponies thats more of a minor thing. I would love to see the solid evedance of this. I would also not like to hold IDW resposable for such vulger terms but rather the specific employee so when protesting i ask to understand its not at IDW but its a the one responsable

Edited by EmeraldSunshine

Can I get an actual link to his post and the page number of the comic and what the ponies look like because unless it is actually inapropriat looking or has very VULGER affiliation, like a swastika or something its probly not that bad. not saying your wrong or any thing but people tend to blow stuff like this out of proportion. if what your actually saying is true though I fully support the idea. People, companies are represented by their employees period. the company would not be anything without its employees so when they act inappropriatly and or do not fit criteria, what ever that may be, then they should not be representing the company. This is why when doing interviewing, some work places will do facebook checks along with twittter and other social media along with background checks. I personally love MLP comics too much and would not bring myself to stop collecting but i support the idea of protesting and not buying any comics untell the problem is resolved by serious consoquences or get him fired. The racial and sexist posts sound just horrid but when it comes to the ponies thats more of a minor thing. I would love to see the solid evedance of this and if it is as bad as you make it out ot be then I might consider contacting IDW myself about the problem.

It's not even the Cameos I'm angry about (though they promoting a horrid person who by the way JUST SAID SHE'S A BETTER FEMINIST THAN FAUST http://www.roundstable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3144&start=6800 ....What a cesspool) like I said I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, assumed he just thought it was satire and then he turned right around and said he actually AGREED with her views and said "You can't be sexist against men and you can't be racist against caucasians and that any acts against these two are not bigotry, they're acts of cultural revolution and are justified because those two groups have been the oppressors throughout history"

Now let me explain to you why I hate that viewpoint so much! I am a person who believes that everyone should be treated equally no matter what race, gender or orientation you are. This ideal does not promote equality at all, instead this makes it less about equality and more about letting the oppressed "turn the tables" and get revenge by punishing people who are caucasian or male for the actions of their ancestors. This viewpoint promotes giving people special treatment because they were born in a group that was oppressed in history for example men can't complain about getting sexually harassed by a woman because they're male, people can get lesser sentences for murder because they're aboriginal (which does happen), women can abuse their husbands and get away with it, a white man get driven out of an East Indian neighborhood for being white and it keeps on going and going until everyone who was oppressed has more rights than the people who oppressed them. That's not equality, that's the oppressed becoming no better than the oppressors. That's why I oppose that view-point.

By the way if they opened a fucking history book they would learn that the Ottoman Empire had white slaves, the Irish were extremely oppressed and of course there's that stuff the Japanese did to the Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, everyone else in Indochina and the Filipinos during WWII. I don't see anyone telling those guys to "check their privilege". Yeah in THIS day and age the whole privilege thing just a load of crap.

• Brohoof 3

It's not even the Cameos I'm angry about (though they promoting a horrid person who by the way JUST SAID SHE'S A BETTER FEMINIST THAN FAUST http://www.roundstable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3144&start=6800 ....What a cesspool) like I said I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, assumed he just thought it was satire and then he turned right around and said he actually AGREED with her views and said "You can't be sexist against men and you can't be racist against caucasians and that any acts against these two are not bigotry, they're acts of cultural revolution and are justified because those two groups have been the oppressors throughout history"

Now let me explain to you why I hate that viewpoint so much! I am a person who believes that everyone should be treated equally no matter what race, gender or orientation you are. This ideal does not promote equality at all, instead this makes it less about equality and more about letting the oppressed "turn the tables" and get revenge by punishing people who are caucasian or male for the actions of their ancestors. This viewpoint promotes giving people special treatment because they were born in a group that was oppressed in history for example men can't complain about getting sexually harassed by a woman because they're male, people can get lesser sentences for murder because they're aboriginal (which does happen), women can abuse their husbands and get away with it, a white man get driven out of an East Indian neighborhood for being white and it keeps on going and going until everyone who was oppressed has more rights than the people who oppressed them. That's not equality, that's the oppressed becoming no better than the oppressors. That's why I oppose that view-point.

By the way if they opened a fucking history book they would learn that the Ottoman Empire had white slaves, the Irish were extremely oppressed and of course there's that stuff the Japanese did to the Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, everyone else in Indochina and the Filipinos during WWII. I don't see anyone telling those guys to "check their privilege". Yeah in THIS day and age the whole privilege thing just a load of crap.

Oh I dont get me wrong I TOTALLY agree with you on the whole equality fact of the matter weather its gays, blacks, or women or any of the above I just wanted to make sure that I didnt get a misinterperated situation before I made a strong opinion on the factor.

Oh I dont get me wrong I TOTALLY agree with you on the whole equality fact of the matter weather its gays, blacks, or women or any of the above I just wanted to make sure that I didnt get a misinterperated situation before I made a strong opinion on the factor.

Aye, sorry about the rant. It's just his comments just really set me off is all. XD

• Brohoof 1

That's it, we're done here. I officially don't feel bad for hating the scorched earth that narcissistic egomaniac walks on anymore because that proves to me she doesn't understand a damn thing about what feminism is supposed to be.

Someone also fill me in on what that horrid place is and why it looks like Tumblr. 

Well, part of his refusal to apology are mad bronies jumping to conclusions of being insulted while he merely expressed his thoughts regarding the oppression of women, he didn't insulted anyone. Said feminist he follows is a brainless feminist-type is another story. About his description that bronies are gross according to DD, the key word is "ACCORDING". Could be true, but it can also be something she made up to fuel up more anger of bronies that her OC showed up in a comic. Those are the reasons I don't think he deserves the infamy he's getting, we are letting our anger get the better of us by jumping to conclusions and asking for his blood. I hope the IDW handles that issue fairly, and not because we demand it

Yep, that's a problem in this issue, we are jumping to conclusions 

Then he could've simply apologized and ignored the insults as it's better to make your opposition be the assholes and garner sympathy then to strike back and remove that from the audience to connect with you. He could've apologized and ended it right there but his tirade at the Roundstable only made whatever benefit of doubt he had go down the drain.

This whole thing is a bit of a shame. No one should have to lose their job over something like this. Reprimand yes, for openly celebrating someone who despises a vast majority of your comic subscription fanbase, but as to firing, no way. TRS is typically.......enthusiastic....when it comes to certain topics, so I can see how maybe Ted got carried away in that kind of environment. His actual,  measured opinion might be more towards the center for all we know. 

I've gotta say, I feel deeply sorry for anyone who has become a fan of this show, and had their attention swept away by such a vitriolic, quarrelsome situation. It seems like such a regrettable distraction, when what really matters is coming together to talk about FiM and EQG. i hope these people find a way to bring calm to their lives very soon, and as for Ted, I hope he retains his position at IDW, and he can get back to writing ponies. I'm sure this has been an unimaginable, overwhelming nightmare for him.

• Brohoof 1

I won't even try to defend a single word he said. The man is an idiot, and that's the end of it.

But that doesn't mean I necessarily think he deserved this. I have long believed that an artist should be judged solely by their merits and the quality of their works. When Orson Scott Card's controversial opinions led people to boycott his works, I defended his right to have them, and asserted that, as a writer, his professional career should depend on the quality of his writing. Not on his private, personal beliefs.

I am what the SJWs would call a "shitlord." This means I oppose everything that the SJW crowd stands for, and that includes their tactics. SJWs believe that opinions contrary to theirs need to be censored and punished by any means necessary. That their enemies need to have their lives ruined. I oppose this notion just as much as any other bit of bullshit they spew.

Ted Anderson included one cameo from one controversial OC in one comic. It's not like he's going to turn Rainbow Dash into a "misandrist trans-womyn MOGAI PoC Otherkin Xe/Xir/Xim" in the next issue. As much as I would like to strike a blow to the SJWs, this really isn't the way. Ted, delusional idiot though he is, obviously doesn't hate his fans. He doesn't deserve to lose his job over politics.

• Brohoof 6

This whole thing is a bit of a shame. No one should have to lose their job over something like this. Reprimand yes, for openly celebrating someone who despises a vast majority of your comic subscription fanbase, but as to firing, no way. TRS is typically.......enthusiastic....when it comes to certain topics, so I can see how maybe Ted got carried away in that kind of environment. His actual,  measured opinion might be more towards the center for all we know. 

I've gotta say, I feel deeply sorry for anyone who has become a fan of this show, and had their attention swept away by such a vitriolic, quarrelsome situation. It seems like such a regrettable distraction, when what really matters is coming together to talk about FiM and EQG. i hope these people find a way to bring calm to their lives very soon, and as for Ted, I hope he retains his position at IDW, and he can get back to writing ponies. I'm sure this has been an unimaginable, overwhelming nightmare for him.

One thing is certain, he won't get away of it unscathed, that will stain his reputation in his work, no matter how good he is. Anyway, I hope he get reprimanded by IDW policies, not by his blood like many are demanding, and IDW should review their policies of cameos and stuff

• Brohoof 1

Ted Anderson included one cameo from one controversial OC in one comic. It's not like he's going to turn Rainbow Dash into a "misandrist trans-womyn MOGAI PoC Otherkin Xe/Xir/Xim" in the next issue. As much as I would like to strike a blow to the SJWs, this really isn't the way. Ted, delusional idiot though he is, obviously doesn't hate his fans. He doesn't deserve to lose his job over politics.

The point still stands that it wasn't his comic though. He was hired by Hasbro/IDW to make a story representing their brand. He shouldn't be slipping in controversial stuff at all unless for whatever reason Hasbro decides to make MLP "edgier" or something and give the green light for controversial political stuff to be included in their comics.

• Brohoof 2

I will admit that I feel guilty on taking the side of getting him fired...... but at the point were he is a writer for my little pony, which is based on a accepting and friendly emotional concept,  and has such offensive opinions on such subjects I feel it is necessary for the punishment to take action but I am all for friendship and forgiveness for, that's why I watch My Little Pony.

So a simple publicly open apology to the people he has offended would make me happy and I would except him into the group without further conflict. I would love to see his career continue but until he understands the true elements of friendship I feel he shouldn't represent it and as sorry as I feel for saying so, he had what came to him and I hope he understands what needs to be done for life conflicts like this is what we learn from and isn't that what MLP teaches us? :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've been seeing claims that he actually HASN'T been fired. Someone apparently got an email claiming the contrary.

20zctpc.jpg

Now I don't know if this is legit or not but either way I will say this

If he did get barred from writing anymore MLP comics, then I won't have any sympathy as he did breach contract and say something very stupid while advertising that he worked at IDW so he had it coming.

If he didn't get fired, I'd say that IDW needs to give this guy a VERY strict warning. Let Anderson know that he should watch what he says online and should not mix politics with his work while advertising that he's writing comics for IDW as it only leads to a disaster that leads to this. Furthermore I also think that the OC's of both Cuteosphere and David McGuire should be removed from any future reprints of the issue in any upcoming volumes. And while I don't know if it'll help matters just have Anderson give out a proper apology, no excuses, just say "I'm sorry for inserting these OC's I didn't think they would be this offensive or cause this much trouble and I won't do it again" and leave it at that.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 3

I've been seeing claims that he actually HASN'T been fired. Someone apparently got an email claiming the contrary.

That's weird. I'm inclined to think the other one is the real one because multiple people claimed to have received it and posted it. Plus the other one does actually sound like a company doing damage control, while this is  terse and doesn't explain a lot.

It could be legit though.

Edited by Andaasonsan
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen that email myself and I'm more inclined to believe this is fake as this one is just rather abrasive in how it spoke to the sender and it doesn't acknowledge that the previous email was fake but is rather attacking fan sites for making news of it, not something I'd imagine a company doing damage control would sound, not to mention if this is real, more people are going to get furious with IDW for essentially lying to them because they're taking back their previous statement with the email that was originally sent out.

Besides, even if he's still in the company and severely reprimanded for it, that's still not going to solve the legal ticking time bombs those oc's are in the comics and it's only going to be a matter of time before someone sends Hasbro word of that.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 2

The other interesting thing is that the user has taken an uncropped screen shot of their entire desktop and has a bazillion windows open. Like they're trying extra hard to let you know this is a real screen shot of a real email.

• Brohoof 2