Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

So the first movie was about how if Twilight didn't become prom queen the world would end, and the sequel is about how if they don't win the battle of the bands at school the world will end.  Is it just me or do the Equestria Girls plots have a striking similarity to a teenage girl's diary?

• Brohoof 4

post-23625-0-10598500-1405487814.png

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/

Well, if you thought the movie was just a teenage girls diary, but with some disney channel level magic, then boy howdy you were 100% correct. 

And really, why not use the human Twilight? It would have atleast made a little more sense, and allowed for some more character development on the human characters. But nope, we get "revenege of the ponies:beta house"

• Brohoof 1

Also, I wanna add something.  In a future Equestria Girls movie, they should add in humanized versions of various Transformers characters in this idea.

There are two rival soccer teams at Canterlot High: Autobots and Decepticons.

The Autobot team is coached by Optimus Prime(Voiced by guest star Peter Cullen)

The Decepticon team is coached by Megatron(Voiced by guest star Frank Welker)

Most of the Autobot team is consisted of the Mane 6, plus a few others(Ex: Sunset Shimmer, DJ Pon-3 Bumblebee, and Arcee)

The Decepticon team is consisted of Starscream(The Main Antagonist), Soundwave, Lugnut, Blitzwing, Waspinator, Black Arachnia, Slipstream, and Knockdown, and they are joined by two Equestria girls character Blueblood(Who serves as the Starscream to Starscream), and Lightning Dust.

attachicon.gif1405486556798.png

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/

Well, if you thought the movie was just a teenage girls diary, but with some disney channel level magic, then boy howdy you were 100% correct. 

And really, why not use the human Twilight? It would have atleast made a little more sense, and allowed for some more character development on the human characters. But nope, we get "revenege of the ponies:beta house"

did 30 moons even passed during season 4 in order of the pony Twily to even return there?

My assumption is that this movie will be released before the next season. So with oct-nov release i guess if were lucky we may get the start of season 5 in december. 

Ok, now that second clip on Yahoo has me fully interested. Conflict creating green gas? An song that serves as the opposition to the original Cafeteria Song? Sunset as a protagonist?

Sigh

I'm in

So uh guys, here's the info for EQG: RR from SDCC

Rainbow Rocks:  

Initial Points:

• Sunset Shimmer is going to get a lot of love after being left crying in a ditch in the last movie. They were looking to turn it into an empire strikes back of pony.
  • The stakes keep growing as the movie continues on, with the songs getting more intense as it continues.  
  • They have a bad girl band with evil music.
  • Side characters are going to get to sing in the movie. Fan favorites included.
  • They draw upon greek mythology with the siren theme for the evil band. 

Q&A:

Will Discord Zecora and Chrysalis Appear in Rainbow Rocks?
They will not. They will be in something later though.

From my POV, Sunset Shimmer might become a great character.

• Brohoof 1

Still not sure whether this will be good or not. On one hand, they could lengthen the movie to accommodate for more songs. On the other hand, it could become a long pmv with the ponies discussing what happened while they were singing

previous.gif Am I watching Equestria Girls or Monster High? :blink:

And oh, that orange-haired tsik has almost exactly the same voice as Rarity's. Looks like some voice-swap happened thanks to MAGIC! :P

• Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

I saw the Dazzlings clip and I was like :blink: 

Holy mother of Celestia that tune was freakin amazing :yay:

Kazumi Evans ROCKED the house!!

I believe the Ashleigh & Shannon sung too but wow!!

Daniel Ingram is a BLEEPING Genuis when it comes to songs!

If Rebecca and Tara sing a duet as Twilight & Sunset i'll be saying YES YES YES YES YES!!! ala Twlight when she got her Cutie Mark.

:wub:

Cannot wait for the movie.

Trying my hardest not to look at TOO many spoilers or teasers here, but I really hope we get to see Hasbro portray The Doctor here as they might have to get a little creative keeping his look and not getting sued by BBC

Well I'm one of those praising the last movie. I liked the first movie, especially the songs. That is what made me like them really really much. So I'm looking forward for Rainbow Rocks since it's obviously centered around music. I think it will be a success (perhaps it will be even better then the last movie since people often learn what they did wrong and perfect it).  :muffins:

I didn't expect Sunset Shimmer to say "DEMON" in the clip! I thought Hasbro would call the "demon" something else!

Also, I expected Sunset Shimmer to have the whiny voice from the "Something terrible has happened" scene for her good form, but her new voice is good. It sort of reminds me of Rainbow Dash, although Sunset is still voiced by Rebecca Shoichet! Also, this face Sunset made was funny:

255un1z.png

I also thought the Dazzlings were perverts because they kept touching everyone during the song!

Edited by SunsetDemon
  • Brohoof 1

After watching the exclusive sneek peek seen I was just alittle more interested. I'm not looking for ward to the band; Its totaly stario tipical. I'm interested in the NOOO TWILIGHT, HELLOOOO SUNSET SHIMER. I mean how will thay do it? Mounths ago I was like NOOOOOOO not another MLP movie, But now I'm on the troll patrol for unexpected twists. I'm looking forward to this, and I'm going to wait and see...Wait is that JD Pon3 in the image?

img-2227548-1-9780316284868.jpg

Well I guse Hasbro is makeing an AWESOME movie if vinal is in it. I was wondering why she was in the MLP:EG shorts. :yay::P:derp: