Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather speak every language or master every instrument?

Pone

Master every instrument then I could go around playing guitar like this. 

tumblr_nmpxtioAt01skmuavo2_500.gif

(edited)

Instruments... No hesitation.

I'd enter piano duels like nopony's business, and if anypony came close to winning, I'd lay down my trump card.... A live playing of "Death Waltz"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tds0qoxWVss

And if you don't think it's possible.... Well.....

it's not.... But here's the closest thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iankyw47vqY

Edited by Hocus Pocus

I would want to learn every language there is to learn. I've already made it something of a goal of mine to learn like eight languages because I find them fascinating, and while I love music and couldn't live without it I don't really have the ambition to learn to play an instrument.

I think I would like to be able to to speak all the languages since it could be really useful for social interaction as well as for things I might be working with in the future :)

Technically your mouth is classes as an instrument, so if I said all instruments I'd theoretically get both!

If every language includes non-human languages, then I'm in. Negotiating with dogs to do my bidding would be way better than instantly learning the flute.

Also consider, 'any language' probably includes sheet music. Music is a language, as is programming languages, as is dance, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
20 hours ago, Pony Flutters said:

I'd rather speak every language since it's a more useful skill and it would make international travel a lot more easier.

Same, I find myself needing to be able to speak another language more often than needing to be able to play a certain instrument. Plus, I am quite interested in traveling places. However, I can't help but to nitpick the way it says speak every language, which doesn't explicitly include reading and writing that language.

Wow, this is a really tough question! I love artistic expression and would love to play ANY instrument, let alone all of them. But I also love to travel and would love to go to any country on earth and readily speak like a native, so I'm going with the language. Now that I've experienced the difficulty of trying to learn a language, I can imagine how nice it would be just to program it into my mind instantly. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Speak every language. I admire music and everything that goes into it, but I wouldn't be able to put that talent to good use.